want to publicly tell Chris/THE HOFF/CJMST3K

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited June 2010 in The Porch
that he did an awesome job on framing my two prints i sent him...he framed my London 96 and MSG 08 (autographed) posters .... dont know if you guys remember but he did a group rate kinda thing for us and only 12 people or so jumped on board $185 double matt...... i plan on sending him one a month for the next 17 years :lol::lol::lol:

GREAT JOB CHRIS ....thanks alot

and if im ever in the virgin state i will drop in and say hello
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ill put up some photos in an hour or so ....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :mrgreen: i have a surfin sasquatch pj seattle poster ive been wanting to get framed and had him in mind, but you just never know, but this postive reveiw confirms it, PM me Hoff, i get the feeling you work in manhatten and if you do i'll messenger it to you for framing, along w/ payment ofcourse. actually i have two, my wife has a architectual print of cinderella's castle in disney world, i've been meaning to get framed as well.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Hoff is the man. Too bad he lives in Virginia.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Is that group deal still up?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I really wanted to take him up on this when he came up to NYC, but with my travel situation, there was no way I could get them back home safely. He does do excellent work.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I really wanted to take him up on this when he came up to NYC, but with my travel situation, there was no way I could get them back home safely. He does do excellent work.

Virgina, damn i assumed NY. well never mind.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Looking forward to receiving my 2 posters from Chris down here in Florida. Had him hold shipping till I got back from NY ( :? are they shipped yet?). Wanted to thank him at the pre-parties but we never did bump into each other. Hopefully next time. Peace
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    KO282453 wrote:

he will ship ..only $25 bucks to NY .... $200 is still a good deal... i spent $250 on the other two i got framed from a big box store.. im really thinking about seding him a at least one am month for the next few months
    would rather give him the work then a big company .. even if i only save 20-40 bucks ... its still worth helping a friend out ...times are rough these days ...so any help is better then no help
    joe2468 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

he will ship .. for only 25 bucks to NY .... $200 is still a good deal... i spent $250 on the other two i got framed from a big box store.. im really thinking about seding him a at least one am month for the next few months

Hmmm, i'll have to consult the woman... :lol: i mean my wife.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Man I paid over $300 aussie dollars to get mine framed. I should have sent it to the hoff and still would of saved money including shipping.

But I still love mine, they did an awesome job.

It's good to see the fans helping each other out.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • TravisTheSkyTravisTheSky Posts: 615
    Have any of you actually received a framed print in the mail?
    I am wondering how on earth such an item would be packed so that the surface glass/plastic does not crack.

I own a Ralph Fasanella print that I can probably sell for $175. (In the past, I very nearly sold it twice but it didn't work out.) I would love to list it online, but I can't figure out how to ship it. It appears to be permanently mounted under a clear plastic frame. So rolling it up and putting it in a tube is not an option.

The print is at a relative's house in New England. I now live in California. I would be imposing on my relatives to pack it and ship it for me. I have had a wooden tabletop and a particle board-type of desktop shipped to my apartment. Both of them had small dings from shipping and handling. How could I get a framed print to NOT crack if it gets dropped on its corner, has something heavy or sharp ram into the flat surface, etc? It seems impossible.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    CJ is most definitelly a legit dude. On a different subject matter relating to me, I mentioned to CJ I mite be looking for tix for msg2. That brotha went beyond what I expected from anyone and found me 4-5 different people who had extra tix. So ya I would also say CJ, thanks brotha, you do deserve a thank you thread to. :D
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    joe2468 wrote:
    that he did an awesome job on framing my two prints i sent him...he framed my London 96 and MSG 08 (autographed) posters .... dont know if you guys remember but he did a group rate kinda thing for us and only 12 people or so jumped on board $185 double matt...... i plan on sending him one a month for the next 17 years :lol::lol::lol:

GREAT JOB CHRIS ....thanks alot

and if im ever in the virgin state i will drop in and say hello

Thanks Joe! Glad you're happy with them (especially so much to start a thread about it! :D Would love to meet you - and getting them to your GF worked out perfectly.

...and I'm glad to frame the rest of them for you!

KO282453 wrote:
    :mrgreen: i have a surfin sasquatch pj seattle poster ive been wanting to get framed and had him in mind, but you just never know, but this postive reveiw confirms it, PM me Hoff, i get the feeling you work in manhatten and if you do i'll messenger it to you for framing, along w/ payment ofcourse. actually i have two, my wife has a architectual print of cinderella's castle in disney world, i've been meaning to get framed as well.

KO282453 wrote:

I used to live in NY. Nine years ago I moved to VA and switched directions from working in the music biz to owning a frame shop and art gallery (which I started in my father's back in the late 80's.

Shipping may be worth the savings, but that's up for you to decide. :) And if you arrange framing along with several people in your area, shipping becomes very inexpensive when divided among several people... AND there's no sales tax yet when I'm shipping out of state, so in many states that covers the majority of the shipping. :D

MayDay10 wrote:
    Is that group deal still up?

If there is interest, I'll be glad to do a group deal again! Since there's a lot of people who bought the 2010 posters, I'd guess some people would like me to offer the group discount again?

Looking forward to receiving my 2 posters from Chris down here in Florida. Had him hold shipping till I got back from NY ( :? are they shipped yet?). Wanted to thank him at the pre-parties but we never did bump into each other. Hopefully next time. Peace

Hey Joe - Would have loved to meet you at the preshow. I'm sure we got within 10' of each other. I'm shipping your pieces out today actually. I had gotten advice not to ship just prior to a 3day holiday weekend because of the potential of the posters to be in a hot tractor trailer for 3 days... so I'll have a tracking number for you shortly. Meant to email everyone I'm shipping to, to let them know I was doing that as a precaution, to ensure posters arrive in good (not baked) condition. I want to do everything possible to make sure everyone is very happy! :D

If I get permission from those I've framed for, I'll post photos of the ones I've framed. :D:D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • schuey1schuey1 Posts: 23
    Where in VA do you live? I'm in Richmond and may be interested in having you frame 3 of my posters!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    schuey1 wrote:
    Where in VA do you live? I'm in Richmond and may be interested in having you frame 3 of my posters!

It's your lucky day then. I'm in Richmond too. :D

You can get my store's location here, as well as what the last poster special was:
    http://westendframing.com/pearl-jam-poster-framing.html
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10