Vitalogy Vinyl

JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I remember when I was in college Vitalogy coming out and there being a buzz about the vinyl being a limited print. Local record stores (in Rhode Island at least) were only allowing people to buy one. Does anybody else remember this? Was it a limited print/is it hard to find?
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    JasonE wrote:
    I remember when I was in college Vitology coming out and there being a buzz about the vinyl being a limited print. Local record stores (in Rhode Island at least) were only allowing people to buy one. Does anybody else remember this? Was it a limited print/is it hard to find?
    Don't think it was limited and it's very easy to find on ebay for a reasonable price.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    JasonE wrote:
    I remember when I was in college Vitology coming out and there being a buzz about the vinyl being a limited print. Local record stores (in Rhode Island at least) were only allowing people to buy one. Does anybody else remember this? Was it a limited print/is it hard to find?
    Don't think it was limited and it's very easy to find on ebay for a reasonable price.

I checked Ebay before I posted this. There are none in Ebay's completed listings (last 30 days I think that goes back) and there is one up for sale now from Japan...

• Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    I bought a copy about a week ago, so they are definitely available. I just checked and there are about ten copies on vinyl available on eBay right now.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I have one hanging on my wall right now. A friend gave it to me for my birthday one year not too long ago. I don't know where she got it from, but she's not one to spend very much money on things, so I imagine it was a.) common enough that it's not too pricey or b.) got it from someone who didn't know any better.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    JasonE wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

I checked Ebay before I posted this. There are none in Ebay's completed listings (last 30 days I think that goes back) and there is one up for sale now from Japan...
    Just PMd you links to about 6 listings
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Appreciate it!

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    All the "buzz" you remember hearing is probably about it coming out 2 weeks before the CD.
    RiotZact wrote:
    All the "buzz" you remember hearing is probably about it coming out 2 weeks before the CD.

Thanks, maybe that was it, but I do remember record stores only allowing people to buy one.