ed mentioned in an article on ew.com

springsteenfanspringsteenfan Posts: 381
edited May 2010 in The Porch
This is pretty cool:

The Cup makes a bathroom run with Chris Chelios, John Cusack, and Eddie Vedder in 2008: “We’re in Chicago goin’ to a Cubs game with Chris Chelios. Eddie Vedder and John Cusack are with us. Chelios threw out the opening pitch, and Eddie Vedder was the catcher. Thank god Chris can play hockey because he can’t throw. That’s right, I said that, Chelios, YOU CAN’T THROW. So it’s his day, we’re in this big limo bus, but there’s no washroom on it. We’re headed to the Sox game next, and the guys had a few, and we need to stop. There’s these kids playin’ catch outside this house. I’m like, he’s gonna show the kids the Cup, how nice. He gets off the bus. They’re like, ‘Ohmygod, Chris Chelios!’ He’s like, ‘Hey, I’ll make you a deal. Mike, grab the Cup.’ They’re like ‘Holy crap, it’s the Cup! Holy crap!’ He goes, ‘I’ll let you guys get a picture if I can use your washroom.’ They’re like, ‘Sure, come on in.’ So everybody pours off the bus, and we’re goin’ in this house. Well, they’re havin’ a baseball party in this house, at least 20-25 people in there. So he puts the Cup down. The entourage runs to the bathroom, the people in the house are runnin’ to the Cup takin’ pictures. We’ve been in there 20 minutes, and finally, this lady says, ‘Holy crap! You’re John Cusack!’ We’ve been in there for 20 minutes. We get on the bus, and John goes, ‘You know, I just love the Stanley Cup. I wish I could bring it everywhere with me. What a distraction. Eddie and I were talkin’ about that. We’re walkin’ around the concourse at Wrigley Field, and nobody’s recognizing us and it’s great. We’re just there 10 feet behind and all eyes are on Lord Stanley.’ Later that night, Eddie Vedder was doin’ a solo show in Chicago. So we went to the concert, and we’re backstage, and as we walk into the greenroom, we run into Sean Penn, who’s a big fan of Eddie Vedder’s. We go up to the balcony area, and it’s John Cusack, Sean Penn, Lord Stanley, myself and Chris Chelios sittin’ watchin’ Eddie Vedder play. That day didn’t suck.”
You can find the whole article here:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/29/stanl ... ncounters/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oh yeah, some context--this is from an interview with the guy who travels around with the stanley cup. Entertainment Weekly interviewed him about encounters the stanely cup has had with celebrities.
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Cool post thanks :mrgreen:
  • oh yeah, some context--this is from an interview with the guy who travels around with the stanley cup. Entertainment Weekly interviewed him about encounters the stanely cup has had with celebrities.

OMG that dude (keeper of the cup) is a friend of a friend...I've met him a few times. Gotta ask him about this next time I see him!!! SWEET!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    What a great story!
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    there are pictures of this somewhere - i just can't remember where I saw them!
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    SCJ08_36e.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life