PEARL JAM NIGHTMARE SETLIST

2»

Comments

• FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Songburst wrote:
    Just to give you a heads up on where this thread is going...i guess.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... &start=105
    Haha. You gotta love whining about the people who pay your wages. I would love to see my balance sheet at the end of the year if I complained about my paying clients like that.

All bands make songs that even the biggest fans of said band perceive as shit songs. I love this band and most of it's music but just mention Come Back to me and watch my Pavlovian response of vomiting in disgust. Does it mean that it's a horrible song to everyone? No. It is only a horrible song to me (and anyone else with a decent taste in music -- lol).

This thread smacks of singling out frequently played songs more than anything else. Everyone knows that only a set full of rare songs will make a Pearl Jam concert worth seeing. I have seen the band 78,543 times and if I hear Evenflow one more time I swear that I'm going to complain about it on the internet.

Wow that's funny you should mention that, because just yesterday I was Haha. You gotta love whining about the people who pay your wages. I would love to see my balance sheet at the end of the year if I complained about my paying clients like that.

All bands make songs that even the biggest fans of said band perceive as shit songs. I love this band and most of it's music but just mention Come Back to me and watch my Pavlovian response of vomiting in disgust. Does it mean that it's a horrible song to everyone? No. It is only a horrible song to me (and anyone else with a decent taste in music -- lol).

This thread smacks of singling out frequently played songs more than anything else. Everyone knows that only a set full of rare songs will make a Pearl Jam concert worth seeing. I have seen the band 78,543 times and if I hear Evenflow one more time I swear that I'm going to complain about it on the internet.
  • Rival would make my nightmare setlist. Whale Song and Sweet Lew, too.
  • uuum... i'd have to go with "Don't Gimme No Lip" .... c'mon really?
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    FirstExit wrote:

I'm right there with ya, dude. In fact I breathed a sigh of relief when they stopped "Come Back" at Philly 2. If I wanted to hear that kind of crap I would go to a Bon Jovi concert.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I did this a while ago for another thread, and I post it with the huge note that I had to really try hard to come up with this many songs to make a 'nightmare setlist.' I actually like most of the songs on here, but if I had to pick the songs I'd like to hear LEAST at a show...

main set: supersonic,get right,nothing as it seems,even flow,unemployable,elderly woman,i am mine,daughter,off he goes,wishlist,WMA,sleight of hand,jeremy,black,comatose

enc 1: no more,bee girl,inside job,betterman,

enc 2: the end,last kiss,speed of sound,crazy mary,alive
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    PJ Party wrote:
    In my opinion, a nightmare setlist doesn't exist with this band. Every song I've ever heard live was a treat.
    with look like that and pj party username how can anyone say no to you? :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    uuum... i'd have to go with "Don't Gimme No Lip" .... c'mon really?

i agree, followed by foxy mop
  • i posted this in a similar thread a while back but here it is again.....

Opening Band: Sleater-Kinney

Main Set:

Love Boat Captain
    Get Right
    All Night
    Worldwide Suicide
    Evacuation
    Johnny Guitar
    Nothing as it Seems
    I am Mine
    Who You Are
    Help, Help
    Evenflow
    Daughter
    Come Back
    Thumbing My Way
    Better Man
    Jeremy
    Blood

**Encore Break** (thank god)

1st Encore:

Just Breathe (featuring string quartet)
    The End (featuring string quartet)
    Bee Girl
    Driven to Tears
    Know your Rights
    Last Kiss (facing the crowd behind the stage)

**Encore Break** (hopefully they won't come back out)

2nd Encore:

No More
    Crazy Mary (featuring 10 minute Boom Gaspar organ solo)
    Ed invites Sleater-Kinney to come on stage - I fall to the floor in the fetal position and begin to weep tears of despair
    Fortunate Son (with Sleater-Kinney)
    Leaving Here (with Sleater-Kinney)
    Rocking in the Free World (with Sleater-Kinney)
    Yellow Ledbetter / Star Spangled Banner
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    i posted this in a similar thread a while back but here it is again.....

Opening Band: Sleater-Kinney

Main Set:

Love Boat Captain
    Get Right
    All Night
    Worldwide Suicide
    Evacuation
    Johnny Guitar
    Nothing as it Seems
    I am Mine
    Who You Are
    Help, Help
    Evenflow
    Daughter
    Come Back
    Thumbing My Way
    Better Man
    Jeremy
    Blood

**Encore Break** (thank god)

1st Encore:

Just Breathe (featuring string quartet)
    The End (featuring string quartet)
    Bee Girl
    Driven to Tears
    Know your Rights
    Last Kiss (facing the crowd behind the stage)

**Encore Break** (hopefully they won't come back out)

2nd Encore:

No More
    Crazy Mary (featuring 10 minute Boom Gaspar organ solo)
    Ed invites Sleater-Kinney to come on stage - I fall to the floor in the fetal position and begin to weep tears of despair

That's actually an Alright Setlist! :)
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    Looking at some of your least favorite Pearl Jam songs, I find it very hard to believe some of you actually like the band.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    And tragedy ensues when upon the first note from Corin the arena is filled with hundreds of stray cats from the area seeking out the female in heat. The cats go feral when they find out what was calling them, mauling several high-seniority members. The mauled members surprisingly leave happy because it was ultra-rare to be mauled by cats at a PJ concert.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
This discussion has been closed.