Boot gaps????

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I was just wondering if the cd versions of the recent boots have a gap between songs. I know the digital dl's do. I don't really like the gap. I already dl the 2 Philly shows I attended, but I'd like to get them on cd if there isn't a gap. I got shows from 2000 and 03 on cd and there is no gap. I've dl recently cause I'm an impatient idiot. Thanks for any help.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Hm. Do you have any audio editing programs? I feel like it would be a relatively simple matter of erasing the blank space at the beginning/end of the tracks, though it would be annoying.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    benjs wrote:
    Hm. Do you have any audio editing programs? I feel like it would be a relatively simple matter of erasing the blank space at the beginning/end of the tracks, though it would be annoying.

The only program I have is Nero 9, but I am not very technically savvy.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    You can burn them and eliminate the 2 second gap....last nero I used was 6, but I remember the option.....also in itunes you can make it a "gapless album"
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    OGT92 wrote:
    I was just wondering if the cd versions of the recent boots have a gap between songs. I know the digital dl's do. I don't really like the gap. I already dl the 2 Philly shows I attended, but I'd like to get them on cd if there isn't a gap. I got shows from 2000 and 03 on cd and there is no gap. I've dl recently cause I'm an impatient idiot. Thanks for any help.

Did you get the mp3 download or FLAC?
    Good evening...
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    You can burn them and eliminate the 2 second gap....last nero I used was 6, but I remember the option.....also in itunes you can make it a "gapless album"

this.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    OGT92 wrote:

FLAC files don't have gaps - mp3 files do, although some programs can blur them, and with Nero as somebody else said - by default they all list as a 2 second gap.
    simmers33 wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

Did you get the mp3 download or FLAC?

Yeah, I got the mp3. Thanks for all the responses. Now I have my work cut out for me to try and get it done. Sometimes get a nice surprise and things are easier than I anticipate. Thanks again.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    If you're using itunes, it's easily fixed during playback or when burning a CD...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    JV130312 wrote:
    If you're using itunes, it's easily fixed during playback or when burning a CD...

How is that? Please explain.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    select all the songs from the show

right click>get info

click on the options tab

click yes on 'gapless album'
    Go into your iTunes Library.

Highlight all the songs for the show you want gapless.

Right click and select Get Info.

Click Yes to edit multiple items.

Select the Options Tab

At the bottom you'll see Gapless Album. Check that box and select YES from the drop down menu.

Click OK. Done.
    Thanks for the info. God I feel dumb when it comes to computers.
    So do I...I'm limited in my knowledge...lol...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Just get the FLAC version next time.