Options

PJ needs to open the Consol Energy Center!!!

gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
edited June 2010 in The Porch
It's a VERY long shot (McCartney is the one rumored to be the first act) but I can always hold out hope that this could possibly be Pearl Jam :P Whether you close down Mellon or open Consol, just PLAY PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!

http://www.consolenergycenter.com/default.asp?consol=89
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    davety76davety76 Posts: 11
    I called it that they'd be the first when the first American leg of the tour came out and Pittsburgh wasnt on it. No friggin way will PJ skip the 'burgh. I have faith in that.
  • Options
    PittsburghPJPittsburghPJ Posts: 213
    I just entered the contest with as many "huge" acts as I could think of (that I would still want to go see; sorry, but after watching the Super Bowl, The Who does not fit the list).

McCartney
    Bruce
    PJ (would kill myself if it actually turned out to be them and I hadn't entered)
    Rolling Stones
    Led Zeppelin (they did play last year!!)
    Soundgarden (another long shot, but they ARE touring!)

Any other possibilities?
    YNWA
  • Options
    aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    contest?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    contest?

Sorry, the Consol Energy Center (new hockey arena in Pittsburgh) is having a contest where you guess who the first musical act to play in the arena will be. They will randomly draw a name from everyone who guessed correctly, and that person gets free tickets.

If you follow the OP's link, you can enter. Here is what it says:

"CONSOL Energy Center will open its doors with a huge concert event in August, 2010. The first artist/band to perform will be announced next week at a press conference to be held in the new facility.

Who do you think it will be? Submit your answer for a chance to win!

One grand prize winner will be chosen from all correct entries to win a pair of tickets for the grand opening concert. The winner will be notified next week when the big concert announcement is made."

Maybe we will hear from a little birdie in the next few days??? Kat???? Sea??? :D
    YNWA
  • Options
    I would love to see either PJ or Muse but sadly Muse is in Europe at that time...

Tool will be touring this summer too but I don't think they'd be a band to open a venue.
  • Options
    ah...contest

fwiw, my cousin was a top finisher in the pens beard-a-thon and as such was invited to tour consol with his fam

he said they made mention of the fact that gaga wouldnt be the opener and seemed excited about the mystery

...if its the black eyed pees or somethin i'll shoot myself :thumbdown:
  • Options
    ah...contest

fwiw, my cousin was a top finisher in the pens beard-a-thon and as such was invited to tour consol with his fam

he said they made mention of the fact that gaga wouldnt be the opener and seemed excited about the mystery

Justin Bieber :lol:
  • Options

Or Brooks and Dunn... :roll:

It's Pittsburgh...I'm thinking it HAS to be a classic rock act, though.
    YNWA
  • Options
    stones would be fantastic, its been since...'05?
  • Options
    especially since it'll be all exile heavy right now, which im totally diggin by the way
  • Options
    stones would be fantastic, its been since...'05?
    Please no...I don't need to see corpses on stage. Unless they want to switch it up from 2005 and have the Stones open for PJ!
  • Options
    bprice930bprice930 Posts: 19
    Fingers crossed for them to be the last in the Mellon...or the 1st in the Consol... ;)
  • Options
    Was just thinking that Soundgarden will be at Lollapalooza early August...probably not good news for a PJ show in August, too.
    YNWA
  • Options
    check it out tho, consol opens in early august, like the 5th or 10th or something?

and pj euro leg is happening about one month after the us leg ended

and there are some rumors and hopes of a 2nd pj us leg (admittedly fueled mainly by us)

so if euro ends around july 10 or whenever it ends, a month off, consol opens...im just sayin!!!

really tho you ask me its 10 to 1 its sir paul opens
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    It has to be the legend from my favorite band...Sir Paul.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    just heard on dve that the kickoff artist for consol will be announced next week in a big presser at the new arena

so...dunno if this bodes ill or well for the possibility of a pj show, but at least we'll know! and im pretty excited regardless...
  • Options
    mstraub27mstraub27 Posts: 3
    I'd love to see Pearl Jam play the Consol Energy Center with Pittsburgh's own Rusted Root opening the show. That would be perfect.
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    mstraub27 wrote:
    I'd love to see Pearl Jam play the Consol Energy Center with Pittsburgh's own Rusted Root opening the show. That would be perfect.

+1 Although the current Rusted Root is not the same line up from back in the day is it???

Guess we got our answer on who is opening Consol Energy Center. Can't say Sir Paul does anything to excite me.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06