Problem with Music Download

MathiusMathius Posts: 49
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I just ordered and downloaded the May 7th 2010 show that I attended. After unzipping the file and bringing up Windows Media Player all the tracks are in the wrong order! I tried deleting it and bringing it back up to no avail. :( Is there anyone who has encountered this and figured out how to solve it??? Thanks.
Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Go to the folder > right click > arrange > track number

Also dont use Winzip if you do, use a program called Winrar.
  • MathiusMathius Posts: 49
    Brisk. wrote:

Thanks! I do use Winzip, and I have had this problem before. I like and recognize your picture at the bottom of your post. I was at that show too. :D
    Mathius wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Thanks! I do use Winzip, and I have had this problem before. I like and recognize your picture at the bottom of your post. I was at that show too. :D

How do people know what show that is from lol?
  • ArcmasterArcmaster Posts: 36
    When you highlight all of the songs and click add to playlist, make sure you go back up to the first track and click it first.

So:
    Highlight all tracks, scroll back up to track 1 (Release), right click release and hit add to playlist.
    The track you click "add to playlist" on will be the first track on the list in media player. I had this happen to me yesterday when I bought C'bus and Indy.
  • punkmattpunkmatt Posts: 122
    Help!! I downloaded the Noblesville, and Columbus show..now I cant find them on my computer?? Does anyone know the file names that i'm supposed to be looking for?

Thanks and Cheers
    Matt
    punkmatt wrote:
    Help!! I downloaded the Noblesville, and Columbus show..now I cant find them on my computer?? Does anyone know the file names that i'm supposed to be looking for?

Thanks and Cheers
    Matt

Check the save directory of downloads of your web browser by going tool > option/prferences or something like that.

Make sure you click 'Save as' and not 'Open with'.
    I must be missing something, Its downloading to my Music folder but still cant find it. They are lost somewhere in the 300 gigs of pearl jam :(
    Still need help with the zip file names for Noblesvile and Columbus. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Matt
    Still having the same problem. What happens is there are double 'track 1s,' 'track 2s,' etc. in each folder. The folder is acting like it should be a double album but it's contained in a single folder. Instead of 'Jeremy' being song 17 it is designated song 1 for the second disk. But, Windows Media Player reads it like there are two track ones. Am I confusing anybody??? Hope not, but this problem is bugging the crap outta me. :evil:

Edit-And I did re-unzip the file using Winrar, but I didn't see any option to "arrange" anything.
    Arcmaster wrote:
    When you highlight all of the songs and click add to playlist, make sure you go back up to the first track and click it first.

So:
    Highlight all tracks, scroll back up to track 1 (Release), right click release and hit add to playlist.
    The track you click "add to playlist" on will be the first track on the list in media player. I had this happen to me yesterday when I bought C'bus and Indy.

I'll probably have to do this even though I haven't memorized the song order from that night. I know...shame on me. :oops:
  • BrownsNoiseBrownsNoise Posts: 50
    Mathius wrote:
    Still having the same problem. What happens is there are double 'track 1s,' 'track 2s,' etc. in each folder. The folder is acting like it should be a double album but it's contained in a single folder. Instead of 'Jeremy' being song 17 it is designated song 1 for the second disk. But, Windows Media Player reads it like there are two track ones. Am I confusing anybody??? Hope not, but this problem is bugging the crap outta me. :evil:

Edit-And I did re-unzip the file using Winrar, but I didn't see any option to "arrange" anything.

For whatever terrible reason, Windows Media Player doesn't recognize multiple-disk IDs. If one album has 2 discs, each with tracks 1-10, it will display in Windows Media Player as 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4...

The only way to fix this is to edit the actual ID3 tags of the tracks. To do this you can go into windows explorer and select "properties" on the track you want to edit. In the track box in the "details" tab you can change it to whatever number you want. If disc 1 has 17 tracks then you would want to change disc 2 track 1 to track 18, change d2 track 2 to 19, and so on. This is a big pain in the ass.

I would recommend downloading Mp3tag. It's a free program and is a godsend for stuff like this. I literally just got it the other week after getting a huge amount of Pearl Jam boots. When you load up the program go to file -> choose directory and pick the folder that you have the songs you want to re-number. The official boots are good in that they are named by disc and track number first (1-01, 1-02 to 2-18 or whatever). When you load up MP3tag just sort the tracks by title so they will be in the correct order thanks to these numbers. Then highlight all of them and click the autonumbering wizard (picture on the toolbar of a paper with a 1 and 2 on it). This will just retrack everything in order, 1-30 or however many tracks you have.

It's a pain but that program has literally saved me hours... I can't tell you how many times I've gone into windows explorer and tediously changed track numbers.
    Mathius wrote:

For whatever terrible reason, Windows Media Player doesn't recognize multiple-disk IDs. If one album has 2 discs, each with tracks 1-10, it will display in Windows Media Player as 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4...

The only way to fix this is to edit the actual ID3 tags of the tracks. To do this you can go into windows explorer and select "properties" on the track you want to edit. In the track box in the "details" tab you can change it to whatever number you want. If disc 1 has 17 tracks then you would want to change disc 2 track 1 to track 18, change d2 track 2 to 19, and so on. This is a big pain in the ass.

I would recommend downloading Mp3tag. It's a free program and is a godsend for stuff like this. I literally just got it the other week after getting a huge amount of Pearl Jam boots. When you load up the program go to file -> choose directory and pick the folder that you have the songs you want to re-number. The official boots are good in that they are named by disc and track number first (1-01, 1-02 to 2-18 or whatever). When you load up MP3tag just sort the tracks by title so they will be in the correct order thanks to these numbers. Then highlight all of them and click the autonumbering wizard (picture on the toolbar of a paper with a 1 and 2 on it). This will just retrack everything in order, 1-30 or however many tracks you have.

It's a pain but that program has literally saved me hours... I can't tell you how many times I've gone into windows explorer and tediously changed track numbers.

Thank you SO much! You are a life saver. :D
    Anyone who has this problem can download MP3Tag for free! Here is a link:

http://download.cnet.com/Mp3tag/3000-21 ... 13616.html