Boston Celtics

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
WTF??? :twisted:

Did they drink some of the Bruins kool aid in the Garden locker room or what?

Another 3-0 lead for a Boston team that is, game by game, slipping through the cracks of the parquet floor.

The series is now 3 games to 2 with a Friday night matchup in Boston. I would love to say that the Celts will bring their A game and finish this series off but I'm not so sure. They have single-handedly given this series back to Orlando. The officiating absolutely sucks but I am not going to use that as an excuse. These guys need to step up their game. When Rasheed Wallace is the Celts leading scorer in Game 5, there is a problem.

I swear Boston will be the laughing stock of the sports world if the Celtics choke in this series.

Pull it the fuck together guys and finish this. 5 more wins and you hoist Banner 18.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    youngster wrote:
    WTF??? :twisted:

Did they drink some of the Bruins kool aid in the Garden locker room or what?

Another 3-0 lead for a Boston team that is, game by game, slipping through the cracks of the parquet floor.

The series is now 3 games to 2 with a Friday night matchup in Boston. I would love to say that the Celts will bring their A game and finish this series off but I'm not so sure. They have single-handedly given this series back to Orlando. The officiating absolutely sucks but I am not going to use that as an excuse. These guys need to step up their game. When Rasheed Wallace is the Celts leading scorer in Game 5, there is a problem.

I swear Boston will be the laughing stock of the sports world if the Celtics choke in this series.

Pull it the fuck together guys and finish this. 5 more wins and you hoist Banner 18.

That's the spirit!

They've got to get their shit together though and take care of business. Play like they did in the first 3 games of this series, and the last 2 of the Cleveland series and we'll be good.

Really hoping for number 18. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    That's what I'm talkin about boys!!!!! :D

4 more wins till Banner 18. Bring on the Lakers/Suns. The Celts are ready.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :D
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    GREEN 18!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
    So we ended up taking a backup for Rondo with the #19 pick last night. A kid named Avery Bradley.
    avery-bradley-hd.jpeg
    NBA Comparison: Monta Ellis
    Strengths: An athletic guard with excellent explosiveness, Bradley has a long wingspan which helps make up for his lack of height for a shooting guard (6'3 in sneakers) ... Bradley's biggest asset offensively is his ability to shoot from the outside ... He can hit from a catch and shoot position, and looks beyond comfortable pulling up off the dribble ... His high release and strong elevation, along with his quick first step allow him to create just enough separation to get off a shot ... He has basic ball moves when it comes to creating separation, but mainly uses his quickness/athleticism to get the room he needs ...What should make Bradley a late lottery to mid-first round pick is his ability to be a lock down defender ... He uses his long arms and persistent nature, constantly causing havoc for whoever is handling the ball... His off the ball defense is no different, and if you watch him follow his man around the court, you'll notice the focus and concentration he has on trying to prevent his man from getting the ball ... His defensive intensity shows he takes pride on this side of the ball, and makes it seem like he wants to be the best perimeter defender in the league, which he might have been his freshman year at Texas...

Weaknesses: An undersized shooting guard, Bradley's biggest obstacle will be his inability to make plays for others ... When he puts the ball on the floor, it's almost a guarantee that he is looking for his own offense, as he lacks the vision, playmaking ability and awareness to find his teammates for a better scoring opportunity ... His size and lack of strength will make it a lot tougher for him to get off the shots in the pros that he got off in college ... Another issue surrounding Bradley is his inability to get to the free throw line, as he attempted less than 2 free throws per game while hitting only 54% of his opportunities ... At times he drives uncontrollably to the basket, and lacks that sense of when to kick it out, or when to pull up ... He wasn't very efficient at scoring when attacking the rim, and against better and taller help defenders at the next level, he will have to work on his body control when penetrating by using a variety of different touch and finesse shots over defenders in the post ... Defensively, most shooting guards will be able to shoot over him, limiting his availability to guarding mostly point guards or other undersized 2 guards...

Overall: Bradley's projection in the draft as been all over the map, from lottery selection to bubble first rounder... He entered his freshman year being one of the top recruits in the country (#1 in some places), and then disappointed some with an inconsistent first year in college... The ultimate goal would be for him to play a Russell Westbrook role, being more of an athletic and explosive combo guard who can play the 1... His athleticism, explosiveness, and most importantly his ability to play perimeter defense will allow him to find a role in the NBA... There is always room for a guy who can shoot and defend, so don't be surprised if a GM falls in love with him in the late lottery...

Taken from nbadraft.net (an excellent site if you're a college hoops geek like myself)
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    There's so much to read into this pick. Did Danny drop the ball by not grabbing a big man to help out underneath in light of Sheed retiring and Perk rehabbing from the injury? Maybe. That's the direction I thought they were heading. No trade of the pick, and listening to WEEI this morning it appears Danny really likes this kid. I've been saying for 2 years now that Rondo needed a veteran point guard to back him up, but we have Nate for another year and he proved very valuable down the stretch and in the playoffs. Does the drafting of Bradley mean the end for Ray Allen? Perhaps. This kid can play both the point and the 2.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    There's so much to read into this pick. Did Danny drop the ball by not grabbing a big man to help out underneath in light of Sheed retiring and Perk rehabbing from the injury? Maybe. That's the direction I thought they were heading. No trade of the pick, and listening to WEEI this morning it appears Danny really likes this kid. I've been saying for 2 years now that Rondo needed a veteran point guard to back him up, but we have Nate for another year and he proved very valuable down the stretch and in the playoffs. Does the drafting of Bradley mean the end for Ray Allen? Perhaps. This kid can play both the point and the 2.

Are you replying to your own posts now? This is very alarming... We need an intervention here.
    Are you replying to your own posts now? This is very alarming... We need an intervention here.
    :lol: I guess I am. The first post was taken directly from this dude who gets paid for his player analysis. I'm offering mine up for free!

So do you have anything to add regarding Bradley, or you just wanted to point out that I'm a major dork? :lol:
    :lol: I guess I am. The first post was taken directly from this dude who gets paid for his player analysis. I'm offering mine up for free!

So do you have anything to add regarding Bradley, or you just wanted to point out that I'm a major dork? :lol:

Do you not follow along? I have nothing of value to add to any conversation, I should hope I don't start now.

;)
    And in the spirit of replying to our own posts, I will add some commentary...

The Celtics #19 pick will make a much better guard than I would.
    And in the spirit of replying to our own posts
    :lol:

I don't even know how to respond to this hypocrisy. Ladies and gentleman, Dissidentman! Shit-talker and ball-buster extraordinaire!
    And in the spirit of replying to our own posts
    :lol:

I don't even know how to respond to this hypocrisy. Ladies and gentleman, Dissidentman! Shit-talker and ball-buster extraordinaire!

haha..

I guess I'll take that over shit-buster and ball-talker.

FYI - I'm putting this in the "best compliment" thread.
    I think all the Celtics fans are still to pissed off to discuss the draft last night.

Oh yeah, we grabbed Notre Dame bruiser Luke Harangody with our 2nd round pick. If he can become half the player Ryan Gomes was as a 2nd rounder, we'll end up with 2 nice contributors to our team next year from yesterday's draft.
  • 82-0
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    over rated

ooops, wrong thread....

nice win tonight. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I had class tonight and missed seeing any of the game, but I did walk down Causeway Street before the game and it was a madhouse. They were selling funny anti-LeBron shit everywhere.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    These guys really need to watch where they're going.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    edited November 2019
    dankind said:
    These guys really need to watch where they're going.
    I guess we know Semi Ojeleye has some serious rock hard abs
    This weekend we rock Portland