Bootleg quality sound from 1998 tour

eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
edited May 2010 in The Porch
This is proof that soundboard quality recordings pre 200o offical bootlegs
exists. this is so amazing. i would love some of these bootlegs to be released. the sound quality is fab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcv8vVNS1Aw

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    hey its called the dennis rodman show bro one of my fav shows to go to
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    This was my first show... But the bootleg I have for it pretty much sucks, It's decent but in no means to what we get these days. There's only one place I was able to download it so maybe that's the problem, if I could find a better quality one I would be a lot more happier with it..
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Attaway77 wrote:
    This was my first show... But the bootleg I have for it pretty much sucks, It's decent but in no means to what we get these days. There's only one place I was able to download it so maybe that's the problem, if I could find a better quality one I would be a lot more happier with it..

if only bootleggers in 98 had
    the toys that here in 2010
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    eboweddie wrote:
    exists. this is so amazing. i would love some of these bootlegs to be released. the sound quality is fab

I don't think there was ever any doubt that great quality soundboard recordings exist from the 98 tour, as it was my understanding that the band has pretty much recorded every single shows they've done. It's just a matter of if they want them to ever be released. Remember several years ago their was talk about having a Vault collection of past shows that you could buy - they even gave us a 1993 show from Las Vegas you could get for free, if i remember correctly. I'm not sure whatever happened to those plans, but for one reason or another it never came to be.
  • JohnnyGeetarJohnnyGeetar Posts: 165
    rlaidepeas wrote:
    eboweddie wrote:

I don't think there was ever any doubt that great quality soundboard recordings exist from the 98 tour, as it was my understanding that the band has pretty much recorded every single shows they've done. It's just a matter of if they want them to ever be released. Remember several years ago their was talk about having a Vault collection of past shows that you could buy - they even gave us a 1993 show from Las Vegas you could get for free, if i remember correctly. I'm not sure whatever happened to those plans, but for one reason or another it never came to be.
    SONY is holding this back.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    2nd show for me. first with 10c tix and i was second row. ahhhh, the days of 1 10c show per tour.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    that's not soundboard, just a good audience boot
    gndcd402 wrote:
    that's not soundboard, just a good audience boot
    That's what I figured, as there's only a couple - if that - soundboard recordings of the Yield tour out there.

Seattle II, Boston II, and Melbourne III come to mind.

But Dallas...no. Though I wish.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    i have a vhs of this show that i can see myself on. had some great pictures from this show but most got erased when i opened the camera without rewinding the film. still have a really good one with rodman sitting in the background.

best poster i own too!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    One of the better posters of the tour along with Hartford, though I'm biased as those were the only two shows I went to that tour.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Boston 2 eh? I bought the Triple J 98' Melbourne show and paid $50 for it back in 1999 ( I believe this was to be given out free with SVT). Gotta go find this show! 98' was a good year!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Boston 2 eh? I bought the Triple J 98' Melbourne show and paid $50 for it back in 1999 ( I believe this was to be given out free with SVT). Gotta go find this show! 98' was a good year!
    Yep...Give Way was supposed to be given with the purchase of SVT at Best Buy. But Sony pulled back at the last minute. However; Best Buy still gave some away. Fantastic sounding (but incomplete) show.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Yep...Give Way was supposed to be given with the purchase of SVT at Best Buy. But Sony pulled back at the last minute. However; Best Buy still gave some away. Fantastic sounding (but incomplete) show.

what's it missing? i have a two disc CD-R boot. i think it was titled "all hail the lucky ones." not sure. one of jack iron's last shows.
    www.cluthelee.com

what's it missing? i have a two disc CD-R boot. i think it was titled "all hail the lucky ones." not sure. one of jack iron's last shows.

The CD-R boot isn't missing anything. From my understanding, it was taken from the source of the Triple J radio feed. I have it (but got it for free as FLAC files) and it sounds amazing. In My Tree is fantastic on it with Irons. But the Give Way - Best Buy version was cancelled just prior to Single Video Theory's release. It doesn't contain all of the songs - I think it might just be the first disc. Regardless, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of it, just because it's so rare.

And speaking of great quality shows from the 1998 Yield tour - I still listen to 7-2-98 from Riverport ALL THE TIME, that show was amazing. "Keith gives us a little more light on stage and will start this thing - one, two, Hold on To the thread....."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    eboweddie wrote:
    Did we forget about Live on Two Legs???

That's sound quality and taken from various shows. I would think that's proof enough.
    eboweddie wrote:
    Did we forget about Live on Two Legs???

That's sound quality and taken from various shows. I would think that's proof enough.

Checkmate
  • This really does need to be the first batch of shows released when they open the infamous "vault".

Just start at 1998 and go backwards.

Just think of all the interest they could be earning if they just released them all now rather than making us wait until they've packed it up and need a new revenue stream.
    If that infamous vault ever gets fully opened.

Too many amazing shows from that tour that I would GLADLY shell out coin for the entire thing should it ever see the light of day.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    I just dug out that march 5th 1998 show from melbourne. i think it was recorded off the radio. anyway i just put it on. havent listened to it in years. great set list. release, brain of j, faithful, awsome in my tree, wishlist, hail, mfc, off he goes, immortailty. wow yield rocks!!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    A LOT of great AUD recordings from the Yield tour.

I've been listening to some lately.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Just start at 1998 and go backwards.

I say put out all the shows between 2000 and now that haven't been released....the charity shows, VFC, the tours they've skipped.
    And then.......??
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    rlaidepeas wrote:
    It wasn't free.
    While that Youtube clip from the OP was not from SBD audio, I'd love to know what the source is.

As far as I knew there was only one out there, and it was so-so.