Options

If you love animals please get involved....

PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.mercyforanimals.org/ohdairy/

HSUS Statement in Response to Ohio Dairy Farm Investigation
On Wednesday, Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States, issued the following statement in response to the release of an investigation by the organization Mercy for Animals into a dairy farm operation in Union County, Ohio:

"The people who committed the sadistic and barbaric cruelty documented by Mercy for Animals at an Ohio dairy should have the book thrown at them. These deeply disturbing attacks against helpless animals should be troubling to anyone with any level of decency. Given the anemic state of Ohio's anti-cruelty laws, it is time for the Legislature to upgrade these statutes so judges and prosecutors have the tools to handle people who engage in malicious cruelty, including to farm animals."

Pacelle is in Ohio this week, touring the state with family farmers in support of the Ohioans for Humane Farms ballot initiative to promote the humane treatment of farm animals. The measure would ban inhumane killing of animals on the farm, outlaw the transport of downer cattle, and halt the extreme confinement of veal calves, breeding pigs, and laying hens in cages barely larger than their bodies.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    sad to say, we have some fucked up laws, or lack there of, regarding animals here in OH. :roll:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/ ... ml?sid=102

12 counts cruelty to animals. As Thw Wolf said , laws are weak here ,2nd degree misdemeanors. But he was fired yesterday and wakes up to meet the judge to be arraigned this morning.

Also seen on a video shot was the owner of the farm engaging in similar behaviour.

Shitty thing to see when you first wake up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Animal cruelty is so wide spread. Makes me sick thinking about all the suffering going on, from personal pets to zoos. People think of animals as possessions that they can do what ever they want with. Everyone who loves animals should help in some way. I do Wildlife Rehab.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I think these people who are doing this should be punished, and let the punishment fit the crime...

There is one thing we can do about this... Stop Eating Meat!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

There is one thing we can do about this... Stop Eating Meat!!!

:)

It's the easiest way to get involved that's for sure...plus it has some health benefits, and environmental benefits as well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    This story is so sickening :(

I briefly worked with a animal rescue that helps farm animals like dairy cows and these animals are so incredibly sweet and innocent. What kind of sick person could harm them? I once saw a video of someone sticking the electric prod into the dairy cow's mouth for fun.. and she'd cry out - opening her mouth further in the process - and he'd stick it in again :( :(

I tried to go veggie and quitting meat was pretty straightforward but dairy and eggs can be hard to avoid if you eat out often - so I still sometimes have them. But this story has inspired me to get my act together and try to get back to 100% vegan.