Triumph over customer service

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
There's something satisfying about getting something sorted out despite having to deal with an avalanche of idiots. Yay :mrgreen:

Just amazing how some customer service people seem hellbent on being as unhelpful as possible, bah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    congrats you - it IS a victory!
    :lol:

it makes me bonkers when dealing with such situations... :twisted: :x :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337

I scared a few folks on my way to getting to a manager. I liked it :mrgreen:

hahaha.
    i did that once too. :oops:
    i had to put my husband on the phone after awhile, or i would've strangled the chick on the other end, right thru the phone wire. :x

conversely, i LOVE customer service folk who actually ACT like customer SERVICE folk, know wtf they are talking about, and do EVERYthing they possibly can to rectify your situation. rare....but pure gold!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756

Where you on the phone? I always find it interesting how i still talk with my hands when I am on the phone with customer service.. I point a lot!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

hahaha.
    i did that once too. :oops:
    i had to put my husband on the phone after awhile, or i would've strangled the chick on the other end, right thru the phone wire. :x

conversely, i LOVE customer service folk who actually ACT like customer SERVICE folk, know wtf they are talking about, and do EVERYthing they possibly can to rectify your situation. rare....but pure gold!
    :lol: yeah I spent a solid chunk of my lunch hour just railing thru person after person. The other part of the situation though, their customer service was excellent. All about balance I guess, just wish everyone would know what they were doing. Ah well, that goes beyond customer service I suppose :lol:
    . All about balance I guess, just wish everyone would know what they were doing. Ah well, that goes beyond customer service I suppose :lol:

seriously.
    WAY beyond.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

. All about balance I guess, just wish everyone would know what they were doing. Ah well, that goes beyond customer service I suppose :lol:

seriously.
    WAY beyond.
    heehee :P

It's just aggravating when one has to flip the bitch switch.

seriously.
    WAY beyond.
    heehee :P

It's just aggravating when one has to flip the bitch switch.

yes. it's tiring! :lol:

and hey, at least there's a switch to flip, b/c no one likes a bitch 24/7. well, maybe a handful of masochists, but that's about it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

yes. it's tiring! :lol:

and hey, at least there's a switch to flip, b/c no one likes a bitch 24/7. well, maybe a handful of masochists, but that's about it.
    It is! I need a nap now lol

Yup the switch is usually in the off position, though that opinion might vary depending who you talk to haha
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    The lost art of customer service can be found at our sod farm. Yes, that's right - I actually sell grass for a living. Having a real person answer the phone is always a plus. We handle orders for a few feet up to acres, and I treat them all the same. They call me the champion for the little guy. Of course they cannot see me banging my head on my desk or trying to reach through the phone and pull the words out of them because they often need to tell the ENTIRE history of why they need what they need.
    Now, having to deal with customer service from the necessity side, is usually an exercise in futility and frustration.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    How ironic. I just hung up with customer service from Samsung. My tv is just out of warranty and has and now has a red line going down the middle of it. the first few people are giving me the "sorry, can't do anything about it" bullcrap, finally got a manager and they said they would cover parts. I told them I had already done my research and the part is not going to cost that much, its the labor that is going to cost 350 bucks. She said to call the repair center have them give me an estimate and I could choose which I wanted to pay. So now I'm trying to get a free estimate from one of these places so I can let them know which I choose to pay. Parts or labor. uggh. nothing is easy. :|
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've always had good luck with Apple's customer service. Just last week we had a bedroom set delivered almost everything was fine except part of the bedframe wasa missing. I spent the morning taking the old bedframe apart and now they were telling me i'd have to wait a few days before they could come back. After telling them to take it back they came back that afternoon with the parts. I don't understand why they let the customer get so frustrated.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Sorry you guys have also experienced idiocy! Yeah I dunno why they wait to let someone get completely frustrated and upset. I was very nice and reasonable with them when this all started, but after being lied two *3* times, yeah....I lost my shit lol it's like either you get hardass with them or nothing happens.

Apple has great customer service, I had to get a new plug for my laptop because it wasn't giving power to it, and was in/out in 10 minutes, free replacement in hand! I guess the positive way to look at it is it makes you appreciate the good companies even more. But still, what a headache
  • TravisTheSkyTravisTheSky Posts: 615
    Ugh! I spent most of my week fretting over my dealings with Bank of America. Last Thursday, a deposit showed up in my available balance. So, I assumed that meant the money was AVAILABLE for me to spend. (Duh, right?!?!)

Well, NOOOOOOOOO! I spent some of the money in 3 purchases, and got lobbed with overdraft fees for two of the transactions. I called customer service Friday morning. The woman spent nearly 20 minutes on the phone with me, but said she couldn't help me until the fine formally cleared on Saturday.
    On Saturday, I got that fine reversed, but the second one was pending. The next woman said that no one could help me with the second fine until it formally cleared on the following TUESDAY! (Five days after the error occurred!) Fuck, I couldn't spend any money, so I had to make do with nothing.

On Tuesday, I got the second fine reversed. I tried to get back the six cents I lost in cancelled "keep the change" profits that I lost. (Moving 71 cents from one transaction, and 53 cents from the other would have paid me 5%, or about 6 cents.) The third woman said she gave those amounts back to me, but when I checked the website later, only the first one of 71 cents was given. So I lost the 2 and a half cents I would have profited from the 53 cent transfer! Grrr.. I asked her how this would all affect my credit as I might be applying for a new apartment. She said it wouldn't lower my credit score. I don't believe her. I did nothing wrong, but now I have two new overdraft fees in my permanent record. The fines were paid back, not erased as if they never happened.

Rape me, rape me again Banksters.

Now I know that even when my online account clearly states "AVAILABLE BALANCE" in three places, the amounts listed might not be available!!!!
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Sorry you guys have also experienced idiocy! Yeah I dunno why they wait to let someone get completely frustrated and upset. I was very nice and reasonable with them when this all started, but after being lied two *3* times, yeah....I lost my shit lol it's like either you get hardass with them or nothing happens.

Apple has great customer service, I had to get a new plug for my laptop because it wasn't giving power to it, and was in/out in 10 minutes, free replacement in hand! I guess the positive way to look at it is it makes you appreciate the good companies even more. But still, what a headache

I agree you do have to get hard ass. I think most companies treat customers that way because a majority of people don't say shit.
    another example of bad customer service is US Airways.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Travis that blows! Sounds sorta like what I was dealing with. I had bought something using my Paypal account earlier this month, changed my mind and canceled the order. They still had the charge pending on my account over 2 weeks later even though the vendor had already cleared everything. I called the vendor and they said they were all clear on their end, it was Paypal's responsibility.

I called last Thursday and they said oh yeah they'd clear it, it'd take 24-48 hrs. Call yesterday, nothing happened....wasn't even anything in the system indicating they did it! So lie #1. Yesterday they said they'd do it, it'd take 24-48 hrs. I call again this morning....nothing AGAIN. Lie #2.

I ask for the manager and she says she'll do it herself, and that it'd take 24-72 hours. I'm like WTF where did hte 72 come from. So I call the vendor after and they said they were never contacted at all. So yep, lie #3. Needless to say I was fucking livid. Only after I raised hell did they return my money back to me. No 72 hr wait. Fuckers lol
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I agree you do have to get hard ass. I think most companies treat customers that way because a majority of people don't say shit.
    another example of bad customer service is US Airways.
    Yeah it's a shame one has to get like that. At one point the rep tried to interrupt me and I'm like no you're gonna listen. Then she started with the same BS line I had been getting and I'm like yeah, that's enough. Shut it lol
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it's sad that we get excited when you actually receive good customer service
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Customer Service...what's that???
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    customer_service.jpg