Options

2009 Bootleg CD Box Set

rushp10rushp10 Posts: 39
edited June 2010 in The Porch
seems as every Ten Club member is buying the Philly Box Set, but is anyone buying the box of the entire 2009 bootlegs? im on the fence about this. I dont currently own any of the 09 boots, and getting them this way would save some money, as broke down below:

28 boots - $474.60
Philly Box - $60
Empty Box - $20
TOTAL - $554.60

Entire 2009 Box - $395
SAVINGS = $159.60

seems buying the entire box might be the way to go, but dropping $395 at one time is hard to swallow. wonder if there is going to be anything exclusive to the box that you would not be able to pick up later, like the "mystery item" in the Philly box?
Mellon Arena - Pittsburgh, PA - 06/23/2006
Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland, OH - 05/09/2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Remember that the bootlegs last just a certain time, after that only digital download and after that they're gone! so they're a "limited" in a certain way.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I think Speedy bought 2.
  • Options
    I guess economics always teaches us that "it pays to wait", but I still find this incredibly shitty.

Me and my friend both bought them all as they became available last year. I understand that from a business perspective they can't come out and say "Hey, if you wait a while you can save some serious cash", but whatever. :roll:
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    whats this about a "mystery item" in the spectrum box? First I've heard of it so sorry if its been posted everywhere and I've missed it.
  • Options
    I guess economics always teaches us that "it pays to wait", but I still find this incredibly shitty.

Me and my friend both bought them all as they became available last year. I understand that from a business perspective they can't come out and say "Hey, if you wait a while you can save some serious cash", but whatever. :roll:

im wanting to jump and buy all the 2010 boots as they are released but dont want to see that I could have saved a few hundred bucks later on when/if a box of them all come out. where's my crystal ball?
  • Options
    simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    rushp10 wrote:
    seems as every Ten Club member is buying the Philly Box Set, but is anyone buying the box of the entire 2009 bootlegs? im on the fence about this. I dont currently own any of the 09 boots, and getting them this way would save some money, as broke down below:

28 boots - $474.60
    Philly Box - $60
    Empty Box - $20
    TOTAL - $554.60

Entire 2009 Box - $395
    SAVINGS = $159.60

seems buying the entire box might be the way to go, but dropping $395 at one time is hard to swallow. wonder if there is going to be anything exclusive to the box that you would not be able to pick up later, like the "mystery item" in the Philly box?

Absolutley go with the entire box!
    Good evening...
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I think Speedy bought 2.

haha, I betcha he did!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    5/27/10 update on shipping of the 2009 Box Sets from Kufala:

"First part of next week. Just waiting on the boxes from the manufacturer."
  • Options
    also, ive been told from Kufala that these boxes will also contain the Philly box "mystery item"
  • Options
    I also purchased the entire 2009 box set. I pretty much collect all official pj bootlegs (Just missing a few from 2006), so when I saw the option to buy the entire box with the Philly boxset included, I jumped at the chance. To be honest I was sorta waiting for that option to become available. I absolutely love the official bootlegs! The only thing that I wish would come back is when u purchase a show, u should get a low quality mp3 to pass the time until your show arrives in the mail ala 2003. Also, not too crazy about the "burn to order" thing. I would much rather have the "pressed"cd's (think that's what they're called) like 2000 and 2003 with setlist right on the cd's. I felt that the 2003 tour was perfect now that I have it to compare to 2008/2009. I mean, I got the low-quality mp3's the next day after the show! I remember going to all the Boston shows and going to Boston 2 and listening to Boston 1 in the car on the way and in the parking lot. If this were to be an option again I would be perfectly ok, paying $18 or even $20 for the entire experience, meaning artwork, cd's, and low-quality mp3's. Anyways, I hope they begin shipping out the boxset next week, there have been some shows from 2009 that I have been really excited to hear. Plus they always play amazing shows in Australia! Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,949
    I felt the same pain a few weeks back when the whole box set was available.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130740&p=2950836
    demetrios wrote:
    I am pretty shocked with the amount of money lost & now thinking it's not even wise to buy any 2010 CD bootlegs until the box set comes out. I'm heartbroken and here's why.

For Pearl Jam's 2009 tour, I bought each & every 28 show's on CD when Santos posted here on the boards that the show was released on CD. Each show costed $16.98 US. And each CD shipped costed $4.50 per CD to Canada. Total amount I spent was $496.92 US for all 28 CD's. Which includes the shipping cost to Canada. Which doesn't include the 4 Philly shows. Today, I bought Pearl Jam's Philly '09 Box Set which only costed $60.00 plus $4.50 US to ship to Canada. Totally shocked only a $4.50 charge for shipping 9 CD's to Canada.

The Grand Total I spent @ the 10club for all 32 show's is $561.42 US. But that's not all, I don't have that custom box set. From http://www.pearljam.com/i/transmissions ... 50510.html (Note: this box will be sold as an empty box). Awesome, more money to spend. So it's gonna be more then $561.42 US of what i've payed. Oh mama!

The shocker today was I found out how much they are selling the 2009 box set which includes the box & all 32 2009 Pearl Jam shows @ only $395 US! What's kicks ass is it's free shipping to USA. I'm not sure how much to ship to Canada but I'm sure it won't be that much. It's a $166.42 lose (maybe more, seeing how much the empty custom box set costs to ship to Canada).

The only heart break & sadness I got is, I want to buy all the 2010 CD's when them come out. I want to play them when I go to work, travel, on the road or @ home. It only took a week to receive the CD's from Kufala. No joke from California to Halifax, that's how long it took. But, if it's a 8 or 9 month wait to purchase the complete box set where I could of saved $160 US bucks, there's no point of buying the CD's right away. Could of used those to buy 10club ticket's or would of put that money on buying another 2009 CD box set. D'oh! :(

*faints
  • Options
    PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    rushp10 wrote:

28 boots - $474.60
    Philly Box - $60
    Empty Box - $20
    TOTAL - $554.60

Entire 2009 Box - $395
    SAVINGS = $159.60

I was waiting for this to happen (2009 Bootleg CD Box Set). I waited and waited. At the end I finally bought only the 3 shows I went to: Seattle 1 & 2 and Portland.

One or two weeks before the annoucenment I was seriuosly thinking about getting the entire tour individually.

When they come with this, I didn't think it twice.

At the end I saved more than $100!!! It does not matter that I will have two bootlegs of Seattle 1 & 2 and Portland.

The one thing I'm worried about is that I haven't received a confirmation email or a tracking number from kufala. Just hope everything woks fine.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    rushp10 wrote:

28 boots - $474.60
    Philly Box - $60
    Empty Box - $20
    TOTAL - $554.60

Entire 2009 Box - $395
    SAVINGS = $159.60

Yes, if you buy the entire box, you apparently do get the Philly box as well.

However... AFAIK, it is legal to trade mp3's of the shows AFTER they are no longer for sale. If all you care about is an MP3, buy the shows that are "important" to you, then download the MP3's later on.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    I think I'll buy the whole thing as soon as the floating dollar/euro exchange becomes a bit more stable...I already have the 5 european bootlegs from this tour but I'm gonna give them to my father who was with me at the Berlin gig. Can't wait to see what the box will look like. I'm also a bit pissed that they don't sell the filled 2008 bootleg box anymore...
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Karley wrote:
    I think I'll buy the whole thing as soon as the floating dollar/euro exchange becomes a bit more stable...I already have the 5 european bootlegs from this tour but I'm gonna give them to my father who was with me at the Berlin gig. Can't wait to see what the box will look like. I'm also a bit pissed that they don't sell the filled 2008 bootleg box anymore...

They do on the Kufala web site ;)
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    I bought all 2008 and 2009 Boots individually. After seeing how big the difference was from the 2009 individual boots and the box-set, I'm unfortunately waiting on purchasing the 2010 boots...but it's fucking killing me...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Karley wrote:

I just bought the filled 2008 box from Kufala yesterday....$200
  • Options
    rushp10 wrote:
    Karley wrote:

I just bought the filled 2008 box from Kufala yesterday....$200

Wow...I mean...wohooo! So what to buy first?! 09 or 08?
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    I had the same problem. I went for 08 because you never know when they might decide to stop selling them. you gotta figure the 09 shows will be around a little longer
  • Options
    I just wish win a lottery to buy all these boots!!!! But, how i can win if i even buy anythink about that!!! Happy was all those fans who has condition to buy all those items!!! God bless you guys!!!
    Pray
    We don't need to change
    Our ways to be saved
    That's all we want to be
    Watch us freak !!!
    Roots Bloody Roots - SEPULTURA
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anything yet? Any emails? I assume the only thing we're waiting for is the box since the shows are basically good to go. If anyone from Kufala reads this, please an eta would be superb! Thanks. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    JV130312 wrote:
    I bought all 2008 and 2009 Boots individually. After seeing how big the difference was from the 2009 individual boots and the box-set, I'm unfortunately waiting on purchasing the 2010 boots...but it's fucking killing me...

and here lays(lies?) the difference in price..buy them as they come out and listen to them :D or have to wait months and go aughhhhhhhhhhh where are they.. :( ..but your talking $120plus
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anything yet? Any emails? I assume the only thing we're waiting for is the box since the shows are basically good to go. If anyone from Kufala reads this, please an eta would be superb! Thanks. Later

I havent heard anything yet. I emailed Kufala last week and they said they were just waiting for the boxes and they would ship beginning of this week. in the Goods section they are still listed as "preorder"

im still waiting for a confirmation on my 2008 box set. I ordered that and the cleveland 2010 boot last friday. got the cleveland show on tuesday but still no word on the box.
  • Options
    anyone get any information on the 2009 box?
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    JV130312 wrote:

and here lays(lies?) the difference in price..buy them as they come out and listen to them :D or have to wait months and go aughhhhhhhhhhh where are they.. :( ..but your talking $120plus

Sucks big time!!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    I just received my FedEx confirmation from Kufala regarding my 2009 box set as well as the empty 2008 box. So if u guys haven't heard yet u should shortly. Funny thing is, I sent them an email last night asking them when to expect my order and they responded very quickly. Seems as if the 2008 box was the hold up. 2009 box was ready but because I ordered the '08 empty box it held up the shipment. Hope that helps u guys. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    im still waiting on shipping confirmation on the 2008 box that I ordered 3 weeks ago. I cant believe how slow its taking considering how quickly I got my 2010 cleveland CD. I ordered them both on the same day and got the cleveland boot in 1 business day. still nothing on the box. I emailed them and they said it would go out Monday but still no confirmation.
  • Options
    Anyone else seen the pictures of the box over at The Sky I Scrape forum? Don't know what to say.. :!:
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    I just recieved my box set yesterday...the box reminds me of an old Converse shoe box. Nice set with the Philly set included.
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    edited June 2010
    Karley wrote:
    Anyone else seen the pictures of the box over at The Sky I Scrape forum? Don't know what to say.. :!:

Its a shoe box!?
    Post edited by Digital Twilight on