I need 3 justifiable reasons for me

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    I pay $25 a year, just so I can talk on this board.....FACT!

Yes, I have issues.......hehehehe

:lol:
    i actually know a few people who do the same.

dunky, as far as 10c membership having no value in europe, i beg to differ. while the seniority factor means nothing, don't you get early entry into the gigs? i know when i went over in 06 and 07, 10c tickets got 15 minute early entry. if you care at all for being on the rail, it's a big plus. also, i personally like knowing i have tix before the general sale....so makes it worth it to me there as well. then again, i can easily waste $25 on stupid shit, tho i am trying to be better there :lol:, so i don't think it's much for a year. and, the posting on this board well....just a good side benefit imo. but....do what makes ya happy, and if keeping the equivalent of $25 in your pocket is worth more to you, well then, thereya go.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I think in some cases people are still holding onto cliques that don't even exist anymore. People are so focused on who isn't here, and yes, we lost a ton of entertaining posters, but few seem willing to give anyone new, or anyone else, much of a chance.

I blame the east coast crowd mostly. Bunch of stuck-up pricks over there. ;)

Oh, and Dunk, be sure to buy a copy of my book before you run off and leave us forever.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:

This is the nicest thing you've ever said to me....
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    eyedclaar wrote:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww you two ;):mrgreen: I'm feeling the love... :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    My membership ended months ago. "I'm still here"
    Mine ended a week or two ago.
    You get a 3 month grace period though ;)

dunky, as far as 10c membership having no value in europe, i beg to differ. while the seniority factor means nothing, don't you get early entry into the gigs? i know when i went over in 06 and 07, 10c tickets got 15 minute early entry. if you care at all for being on the rail, it's a big plus. also, i personally like knowing i have tix before the general sale....so makes it worth it to me there as well. then again, i can easily waste $25 on stupid shit, tho i am trying to be better there :lol:, so i don't think it's much for a year. and, the posting on this board well....just a good side benefit imo. but....do what makes ya happy, and if keeping the equivalent of $25 in your pocket is worth more to you, well then, thereya go.

As far as Dunk enjoying "being on the rail", I can't speak to that...
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww you two ;):mrgreen: I'm feeling the love... :thumbup:

Yeah, we already got a room. But we trashed it like a couple of motherfuckin' rock stars!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    To support the band. First dibs at members only shows. This forum.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Yeah, we already got a room. But we trashed it like a couple of motherfuckin' rock stars!
    I've always thought you'd make a GREAT couple.. ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    eyedclaar wrote:

The world needs to watch out the day Eyed and I wash down some nature with 20-25 pints...

As far as Dunk enjoying "being on the rail", I can't speak to that...

well, i think if you're discussing that, he prefers to get railed.....but yea, whateva, those crazy scotsmen! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    eyedclaar wrote:
    They humbly paid for the damages, don't believe the hype!
    Rygar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

yeah, but we strenuously objected 1st.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Who else on the board would slag off Carlisle if you weren't here?
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Rygar wrote:

yeah, but we strenuously objected 1st.

Oh, well as long as you strenuously objected,.. ;)

LOL I love that fucking movie. :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • You folks talking about paying $25 to post here and how it used to be better when it was free... it's weird how it sounds just like the Ars Technica forum! Over there to post is free, but you have to buy a membership to post in the off-topic sections. Membership gets you a couple of benefits like picture hosting and special content, certainly no PJ tickets! I gave up paying to post when they changed from $25 to $50 per year.

But anyway, the whole time I was there people were talking about how it was better back in the day... and I was there for ten years! When I started in 2001 people were saying how it sucked compared to 1999, now they are looking back on 2001 being the Golden Years.

Letting my membership over there wasn't easy, you make friends and then you can't "hang out" with them any more unless you also have them on facebook, twitter, email, AIM, Yahoo IM, MSN IM, G-Talk, myspace, tumblr, blogspot, , Buzz, uhhh... wait a minute, I lost my train of thought.

Anyway, if you want to bail, try not logging in for a month or so and see if you miss it. If you do, renew and come back, if not then put the $17 towards the Cameron Crowe documentary.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • You folks talking about paying $25 to post here and how it used to be better when it was free... it's weird how it sounds just like the Ars Technica forum! Over there to post is free, but you have to buy a membership to post in the off-topic sections. Membership gets you a couple of benefits like picture hosting and special content, certainly no PJ tickets! I gave up paying to post when they changed from $25 to $50 per year.

But anyway, the whole time I was there people were talking about how it was better back in the day... and I was there for ten years! When I started in 2001 people were saying how it sucked compared to 1999, now they are looking back on 2001 being the Golden Years.

Letting my membership over there wasn't easy, you make friends and then you can't "hang out" with them any more unless you also have them on facebook, twitter, email, AIM, Yahoo IM, MSN IM, G-Talk, myspace, tumblr, blogspot, , Buzz, uhhh... wait a minute, I lost my train of thought.

Anyway, if you want to bail, try not logging in for a month or so and see if you miss it. If you do, renew and come back, if not then put the $17 towards the Cameron Crowe documentary.

How dare you make such a sensible post.
  • It's a turribel habit, I shall cease immediately.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

dunky, as far as 10c membership having no value in europe, i beg to differ. while the seniority factor means nothing, don't you get early entry into the gigs?

you make a fair point.

1. early entry opportunity for shows.

8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Claireack wrote:
    Who else on the board would slag off Carlisle if you weren't here?

2. nobody else would slag off Carlisle.

;):lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    The only reason necessary. who else is going to tell us that tipping is wrong because scotland didn't invent it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    Think of all the Fudd to punch!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

This is an excellent point. No one else on this board could deliver a punch to the Fudd with the tenacity, dispatch and accuracy of the good Dunk.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ughhh just do it

$25 here? that's 3 bourbon and cokes, whatever

:)
    wah
    dunkman wrote:

thats £17 or so in our money.. the civilised money as it's better known.

17-dollars--large-msg-121736253658.jpg
    disman, you are on a roll lately. :D
    and dunky just wants everyone to tell him how much they love him, how indispensable he is. i won't do it. ;)
    so i guess that's reason 3; where else would he get a bunch of strangers to stroke him off....all for the bargain basement price of $25/17 quid a year? apparently, only a pj forum will do. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dunkman wrote:

17-dollars--large-msg-121736253658.jpg

i just sent this to everyone on my desk :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    disman, you are on a roll lately. :D
    and dunky just wants everyone to tell him how much they love him, how indispensable he is. i won't do it. ;)
    so i guess that's reason 3; where else would he get a bunch of strangers to stroke him off....all for the bargain basement price of $25/17 quid a year? apparently, only a pj forum will do. :mrgreen:

He's been quiet today... maybe he's been shut off already. There is too much fodder here today for him to not be involved.
    dunkman wrote:

....now that's gangsta, bro.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

....now that's gangsta, bro.

holla son :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......