Mad, mad world....

Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Finally, all of this will come to a definite end.... sentencing takes place today.

This case has definitely rocked our community here and I am very close with the family members. The fact that this shit happens anywhere is beyond belief. Its hard to see the sun sometimes in this world full of dark, sad clouds.

Just a background to the story- the mother was in the long process of packing her and the kids things to be taken to our mutual friend's house.... she never got there that night. She was tied up and tortured... her two kids shot in the head right in front of her. She eventually died from the tortue that ensued. The baby was fed gasoline.....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/86218802.html

I still shake my head, unable to comprehend what can make someone want to do such horrific things to others.
Isn't it easier to love someone?

Thanks for your time reading this.... please keep the family in your thoughts as they start to move forward and heal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Holy shit. That is awful.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don’t understand it either. How can someone be SO evil.

Very sad.
  • The death penalty wouldn't even be enough for this guy.
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    The death penalty wouldn't even be enough for this guy.
    My thoughts exactly... and I'm not that hateful of a person.

I should add that the baby is about a year and a half and no real signs of any damage done due to consuming the gas or breathing in the fumes for such and extended period. Yet.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Finally, all of this will come to a definite end.... sentencing takes place today.

This case has definitely rocked our community here and I am very close with the family members. The fact that this shit happens anywhere is beyond belief. Its hard to see the sun sometimes in this world full of dark, sad clouds.

Just a background to the story- the mother was in the long process of packing her and the kids things to be taken to our mutual friend's house.... she never got there that night. She was tied up and tortured... her two kids shot in the head right in front of her. She eventually died from the tortue that ensued. The baby was fed gasoline.....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/86218802.html

I still shake my head, unable to comprehend what can make someone want to do such horrific things to others.

Thanks for your time reading this.... please keep the family in your thoughts as they start to move forward and heal.

from what you just described... i am not up to reading the story.
    that is horrible.
    someone needs executed.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

Not knowing anything else about the situation other than what you have posted....I would guess that his actions were driven by an unhealthy love......one of control, jealousy, obsession

Sad to see lives destroyed like this......
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    i would LOVE to hear from someone who is AGAINST the death penalty explain to me why this guy should take ONE more breath.
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Horrific.

The only positive I can see, if you could even call it positive, is that he chose to plead guilty.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Does Wisconsin have the death penalty?
    If not can we make this guy an honorary citizen of Texas.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ed243421 wrote:
    i would LOVE to hear from someone who is AGAINST the death penalty explain to me why this guy should take ONE more breath.

i am against the death penalty ... but in order to discuss something like this - one has to take the emotion out of it ... anyone who reads this story is undoubtedly going to feel angry and sad at the same time ...

the issue with the death penalty has and always will be about how we as humans want to serve justice ... i don't believe in war nor do i believe in the death penalty ...

nothing you can do to this person will bring back the lives of the victims but if somehow people will feel better about it then so be it ...
    I don't believe we do... My only hope is that someone smuggles a gun into the court room and blows his head off infront of his family..... And, btw, his family doesn't believe he's guilty.

Wow- such happy fucking thoughts this wednesday morning- sorry y'all!
    i am against the death penalty ... but in order to discuss something like this - one has to take the emotion out of it ... anyone who reads this story is undoubtedly going to feel angry and sad at the same time ...

the issue with the death penalty has and always will be about how we as humans want to serve justice ... i don't believe in war nor do i believe in the death penalty ...

nothing you can do to this person will bring back the lives of the victims but if somehow people will feel better about it then so be it ...[/quote]

the death penalty is not meant to BRING anyone back. it is to PUNISH, and to try PREVENT any others from murdering. how would you like to punish and prevent? offer free room and board and free meals and free gym membership? all the sex you could want and the chance to be in a gang?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Poncier wrote:
    Does Wisconsin have the death penalty?
    If not can we make this guy an honorary citizen of Texas.

LOL.

Sorry, didn't mean to laugh at such a sad story. I just am unable to comprehend stuff like this.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    edited May 2010
    ed243421 wrote:

nothing you can do to this person will bring back the lives of the victims but if somehow people will feel better about it then so be it ...

the death penalty is not meant to BRING anyone back. it is to PUNISH, and to try PREVENT any others from murdering. how would you like to punish and prevent? offer free room and board and free meals and free gym membership? all the sex you could want and the chance to be in a gang?[/quote]

.357 magnum to the skull.
    easy shit.
    lights out and good-bye.
    to many people similar to this guy are a waste of space.
    cruelty should be delt with with swift action & zero tolerance.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ed243421 wrote:
    the death penalty is not meant to BRING anyone back. it is to PUNISH, and to try PREVENT any others from murdering. how would you like to punish and prevent? offer free room and board and free meals and free gym membership? all the sex you could want and the chance to be in a gang?

it's debatable whether death is deemed more severe a punishment than incarceration for life ... granted - i'm not sure what your prisons are like there ...

the notion that the death penalty serves as a deterrance for crime has been proven to be a fallacy ... all it does is quench the thirst for revenge ... nothing more ...

in any case - the issue of the death penalty has been discussed quite a bit on the Moving Train which is probably where the discussion should be ... if you want to start a thread there - by all means ...

this story is tragic and i wish the family of the victims some kind of peace
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    ed243421 wrote:

I'm not totally against the death penalty, but lean in that direction.

For fucked up people like this though, I view it as an easy way out. I'd rather have him confined to a small cell 23 hours a day for the rest of his life, and let him go fucking crazy day by agonizing day... Killing him seems too easy for me.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    the above quote is wrong
    somehow you got me in a quote i did not say
    i am for the death penalty
    swift action& zero tolerance
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    ed243421 wrote:

Punish - Like I said before, killing him seems to me like an easy way out for him.
    Prevent - Killing him won't prevent anyone from doing this type of horrible thing in the future.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That's just awful.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    polaris_x wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:

it's debatable whether death is deemed more severe a punishment than incarceration for life ... granted - i'm not sure what your prisons are like there ...

the notion that the death penalty serves as a deterrance for crime has been proven to be a fallacy ... all it does is quench the thirst for revenge ... nothing more ...

in any case - the issue of the death penalty has been discussed quite a bit on the Moving Train which is probably where the discussion should be ... if you want to start a thread there - by all means ...

peace comes with a bullet.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Or, better yet.... A train ran on his ass on a daily basis in prison seems like a better fit.
    polaris_x wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:

fallacy?
    quench the thirst for revenge?
    who would be looking for revenge?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    very awful and terrible. one can only imagine what went through this man's mind and got him to the point of doing what he did. He is a victim too, although I don't have much sympathy for him. I'd jump in front of an oncoming truck before I would harm anyone that way. He'll be tortured with the memory of what he did forever.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Near my home town, a woman gave her 5 year old daughter to a drug dealer who preceeded to rape her, kill her, then throw her body in the woods. Of course, both have been arrested and are in protective custody because of all the death threats AND she is pregnant.
    afw
    peace
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    polaris_x wrote:

It would save the Wisconsin taxpayers from having to feed, clothe and house this guy for the next 50 years or so. The meals he'll receive would be much better suited going to a poor or homeless family who try to abide by the laws but have fallen on hard times.
    But lets feed the homocidal maniac for 5 decades instead.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    This story made me cry! Those poor children, and the poor woman to witness her children being killed and to have her last moments on this earth in such a horrific way...
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Cut that fuckers balls off one at a time! Fuck him, fuck his family who believe he didn't do it. Shit, I'm volunteering my services. No one has even say thank u to me, cuz it'll be all MY PLEASURE!!! Sick fuck!!! :evil:

Edit: I forgot to mention I'd even feed that fucker fried balls with garlic for dinner!!!!
    ed243421 wrote:
    fallacy?
    quench the thirst for revenge?
    who would be looking for revenge?

it is a myth that capital punishment is a deterrent for crime ... the 14 states that do not have the death penalty have homicide rates at or below the national rate ...
    poncier wrote:
    It would save the Wisconsin taxpayers from having to feed, clothe and house this guy for the next 50 years or so. The meals he'll receive would be much better suited going to a poor or homeless family who try to abide by the laws but have fallen on hard times.
    But lets feed the homocidal maniac for 5 decades instead.

the costs incurred associated with capital punishment is significantly greater than alternative sentences ... this is primarily due to the related court proceedings that are required to seek the death penalty ... between the various procedures and documents that are required - the overall cost to the taxpayer is more than if they were incarcerated ...

you can read about it here ... http://www.amnestyusa.org/death-penalty ... id=1011005
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    I can't even read shit like this anymore we have become numb as a nation ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....