A proclamation of LOVE

Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So I Took my wife to her first two Pearl Jam shows last week, Boston and MSG2. Tonight as I was thinking back on the shows and bouncing my thoughts off my wife. She looked at me and said "for me I walked out of Boston (her 1st show) getting it, and completely respecting how hard they just performed." she continued "I walked out of MSG2 thinking I LOVE THIS BAND!" I smiled like Christmas morning :D . I spent a lot of time breaking her in before that first show some times she listened begrudge-inly but she wanted to be ready for the show and that was kind of that. Well after proclaiming her love she tells me on her ride today (to visit a family member in the hospital in NH we are in RI) about four hours total with traffic ( :evil: Boston Traffic) she listened to nothing but Pearl Jam. Almost ten years ago I tried to make this connection but I guess it wasn't time, it's failure lead to me straying from the band for a few years. I am back my Wife is by my side pledging to me earlier in the week that we would never miss another "area" Pearl Jam show again! :D:D

I would also like to throw a shout out to this community you all helped bring her over too. We got to talk to many friendly people at the shows, and the overall unity that can be felt through out the show. That energy starts with the active members of the ten club who bring such kick ass GOOD energy to every show.

And of course Thank You PEARL JAM who played like the just reached their prime yesterday! ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,003
    Awesome story!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Nice.. and , as always, better late than never
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • i'm trying to make my girfriend a pearl jam fan.... but is a little hard to do that since we are mexicans, and here the radio plays everything but PJ... i think that i need to go to a concert and blow the crapy pop music out of her mind
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    i'm trying to make my girfriend a pearl jam fan.... but is a little hard to do that since we are mexicans, and here the radio plays everything but PJ... i think that i need to go to a concert and blow the crapy pop music out of her mind
    Or... tequila and No Code always works
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    those are some serious first two shows
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    I love how this thread reminds me so much of an evangelical christian converting someone to christianity and bragging about it to all their buddies...haha....but that is awesome...one day I will find someone of my own that can at least understand why I like PJ so much.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    I love how this thread reminds me so much of an evangelical christian converting someone to christianity and bragging about it to all their buddies...haha....but that is awesome...one day I will find someone of my own that can at least understand why I like PJ so much.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    i'm trying to make my girfriend a pearl jam fan.... but is a little hard to do that since we are mexicans, and here the radio plays everything but PJ... i think that i need to go to a concert and blow the crapy pop music out of her mind

You just said it Radio is no way to try to get someone to like the band, save your pesos and travel to see a show/shows or wait there they will probably head down to you guys next fall or early 2011 ...Live is the only way ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

You just said it Radio is no way to try to get someone to like the band, save your pesos and travel to see a show/shows or wait there they will probably head down to you guys next fall or early 2011 ...Live is the only way ...

Yeah, live worked for me to help make converts. CD's are one thing - live is a whole different animal.

:D

Yeah, live worked for me to help make converts. CD's are one thing - live is a whole different animal.

It can't be said enough.....Live is where it's at! :mrgreen:
  • dreamtonicdreamtonic Posts: 129
    glad your wife finally connected with the music after these last shows.... it's so much better when you can share this music with the one you love
    those are some serious first two shows

They totally where, are minds are still blown....makes work difficult
  • i'm trying to make my girfriend a pearl jam fan.... but is a little hard to do that since we are mexicans, and here the radio plays everything but PJ... i think that i need to go to a concert and blow the crapy pop music out of her mind

yeap...i'll do that, in fact i'm saving my pesos already :D:D just waiting for a show here in Mexico... or maybe Arizona hahaha :lol:
  • dreamtonic wrote:
    glad your wife finally connected with the music after these last shows.... it's so much better when you can share this music with the one you love

Agree!!!
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514

My sister is a born again, though she still loves PJ and the music from her younger days like LedZep...etc.

I told her after Friday night.....for the 1st time...I understand the feeling of being so full of SOMETHING that I felt like I had to share with everyone I knew.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    My wife understands that to love me is to love PJ :mrgreen: . But she'll never love them the way i do. :cry: If i can sit through Moulon Rouge, Titanic, and those Damn Tinkerbell movies, she can damn well go to a PJ concert and pretend to enjoy it for a few hours!!! :twisted:
  • KO282453 wrote:
    My wife understands that to love me is to love PJ :mrgreen: . But she'll never love them the way i do. :cry: If i can sit through Moulon Rouge, Titanic, and those Damn Tinkerbell movies, she can damn well go to a PJ concert and pretend to enjoy it for a few hours!!! :twisted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: