Not that anyone will give a shit, but....

zootownzootown Posts: 666
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I would like to recant some of my statements made on this board re: Eddie's voice. Whatever Mr. Vedder has done, or stopped doing, in the past year has def improved his voice. Watching vids and listening to boots, I have noticed that his voice sounds GREAT. I agree that they are playing some songs down a 1/2 step, but Eddie still KILLED it on some of my fav tunes, like wash, Last Exit, Blood, Crown of Thorns, and others. I was bummed after ACL last year and, honestly, at the shows in Seattle. I thought his voice sounded tired and he seemed out of breath alot. Not at all on this last tour. Thanks Eddie! And needless to say, the band sounds tighter than ever!
Now, how about playing a show in the town where most of Backspacer was conceived, ZOOTOWN baby!
I hold the pain, release me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    zootown wrote:
    I would like to recant some of my statements made on this board re: Eddie's voice. Whatever Mr. Vedder has done, or stopped doing, in the past year has def improved his voice. Watching vids and listening to boots, I have noticed that his voice sounds GREAT. I agree that they are playing some songs down a 1/2 step, but Eddie still KILLED it on some of my fav tunes, like wash, Last Exit, Blood, Crown of Thorns, and others. I was bummed after ACL last year and, honestly, at the shows in Seattle. I thought his voice sounded tired and he seemed out of breath alot. Not at all on this last tour. Thanks Eddie! And needless to say, the band sounds tighter than ever!
    Now, how about playing a show in the town where most of Backspacer was conceived, ZOOTOWN baby!
    +1.. Eddie's voice now features maturity AND power, where I found it to be quite feeble over the last few tours.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1