Bacterial Infection...

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Terrible. I had it in March, remedied it and now it has made a successful come back. 10 days of taking two huge amoxicillin tablets to hopefully get it the fuck out of my system.

Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying no tasting anything. :roll: I just ate my lunch of black beans and rice with some grilled zucchini, squash, and corn...and really all I can taste is the taste in my mouth that tells me I'm still sick.

The only thing that comes close to having flavor are the cracked black pepper Triscuits...and even then, my sinus gets more of a senstation and runs like hell before my taste buds.

Screw you bacteria.
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you need more meat in your diet :leaving:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

I had a feeling you'd chime in, ya smart ass!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    that sucks. I've been really sick for the last week or so. the dr. said its the worst sinus infection she has ever seen. my fever is at least down from 103.7 to a managable 101.2 degrees at the moment.

but I'm with ya', I have not tasted anything for the last week.

hope you get better soon.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    edited May 2010
    81 wrote:

On a side note though, and this is just for some interseting info...not trying to say anything about either one's diet. But, ever since I jumped into the vegetarian pool I have dodged more colds then I ever did before...

minus this god awful thing...
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    the wolf wrote:
    that sucks. I've been really sick for the last week or so. the dr. said its the worst sinus infection she has ever seen. my fever is at least down from 103.7 to a managable 101.2 degrees at the moment.

You too wolf, and jesus....103.7???! :shock: Did you go to the E.R.?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

yeah, after day 3 or 4 of having the fever not dip below 103, i finally admitted defeat yesterday and went. they hooked me up to an iv for a few hours and gave me some meds. i think i'm starting to feel a bit better, though i'm not sure. :?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    the wolf wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

yeah, after day 3 or 4 of having the fever not dip below 103, i finally admitted defeat yesterday and went. they hooked me up to an iv for a few hours and gave me some meds. i think i'm starting to feel a bit better, though i'm not sure. :?

My poor babies. PLEASE take better care of yourselves. Wishing you both a speeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy recovery.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    lettinggo wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

My poor babies. PLEASE take better care of yourselves. Wishing you both a speeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy recovery.

My first battle with it, I was stubborn and tried a bunch of OTC stuff just assuming it was a gnarly cold. Well, this time around I'm not giving it the chance to take another 24 hours of my PTO.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    the wolf wrote:

Yo Wolf! Whats up bro! :wave:
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Terrible. I had it in March, remedied it and now it has made a successful come back. 10 days of taking two huge amoxicillin tablets to hopefully get it the fuck out of my system.

Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying no tasting anything. :roll: I just ate my lunch of black beans and rice with some grilled zucchini, squash, and corn...and really all I can taste is the taste in my mouth that tells me I'm still sick.

The only thing that comes close to having flavor are the cracked black pepper Triscuits...and even then, my sinus gets more of a senstation and runs like hell before my taste buds.

Screw you bacteria.
    damn those nasty bugs
    We've had it here too, better now, that amoxicillian should do the trick. Hubby took that and was better in days. I stuck it out without but its finally gone. I hope you feel better soon.
    the wolf wrote:

Yo Wolf! Whats up bro! :wave:

Hey there !! have any problems with any gypsies as of late ??? :lol:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    dcfaithful wrote:
    On a side note though, and this is just for some interseting info...not trying to say anything about either one's diet. But, ever since I jumped into the vegetarian pool I have been dodged more colds that I ever did before...

Funny enough, since I started eating meat again after 13 years of vegetarianism, I've dodged pretty much everything going. I used to get at least a couple of throat infections a year along with the usual colds and what not.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    On a side note though, and this is just for some interseting info...not trying to say anything about either one's diet. But, ever since I jumped into the vegetarian pool I have been dodged more colds that I ever did before...

Funny enough, since I started eating meat again after 13 years of vegetarianism, I've dodged pretty much everything going. I used to get at least a couple of throat infections a year along with the usual colds and what not.

Weird. Perhaps our bodies are unalike all together?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    My daughter is fighting a sinus infection too, except she doesn't want to see her doctor. She wants to "fight" it on her own. I don't think so...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    dcfaithful wrote:

Not all that weird, depends what you eat really. Since I started eating meat again I've cut right back on sugary stuff, and sugar is a known surpressent of the immune system. I think a vegetarian diet can be fairly high in sugar if you're not careful because it tends to be more carb based. Obviously the average meat eaters's diet is likely fairly high in sugar too, but I think I've definitely benefitted from cutting it out.
    dcfaithful wrote:

Not all that weird, depends what you eat really. Since I started eating meat again I've cut right back on sugary stuff, and sugar is a known surpressent of the immune system. I think a vegetarian diet can be fairly high in sugar if you're not careful because it tends to be more carb based. Obviously the average meat eaters's diet is likely fairly high in sugar too, but I think I've definitely benefitted from cutting it out.

Yeah, I enjoy sugars...but not as much as I used too...but it's possible that I get more than I realize.

Question, does anybody else get pretty bad stomach aches from antibiotics? This amoxicillin-clavulanate is on the verge of putting me down for the rest of the day. This sucks. Happened with the last anitbiotic too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, I enjoy sugars...but not as much as I used too...but it's possible that I get more than I realize.

Question, does anybody else get pretty bad stomach aches from antibiotics? This amoxicillin-clavulanate is on the verge of putting me down for the rest of the day. This sucks. Happened with the last anitbiotic too.

That happened to my wife recently after taking a serious bout of antibiotics to deal with tick bites. Those little mofos are pure evil.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    That happened to my wife recently after taking a serious bout of antibiotics to deal with tick bites. Those little mofos are pure evil.
    You aren't kidding. The last bout of this infection in March, I was prescribed a Z-pack (that's what my Doc called it)...I took those antibiotics when I got home and I was doubling over in some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. I thought I was experiencing an ulcer or appendicitis or something. That shit was killer.

Pure evil indeed. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL