Why Is Pearl Jam VInyl Hard To FInd?

PearlJamsterPearlJamster Posts: 102
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Ok now a days a lot of bands have their music available to purchase on vinyl from their website, for a band that are vinyl lovers why can I not find their studio albums other than ten and backspacer on vinyl? On ebay they sell the older albums for outrageous amounts of money.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179
    Ok now a days a lot of bands have their music available to purchase on vinyl from their website, for a band that are vinyl lovers why can I not find their studio albums other than ten and backspacer on vinyl? On ebay they sell the older albums for outrageous amounts of money.

They were pressed in limited copies.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966

backspacer will be hard to find on vinyl soon enough - just when i thought Avocado was fairly common, it now goes for over $125.......not too long ago, these were $30 all day
  • because I have it all........... :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Elzar wrote:
    backspacer will be hard to find on vinyl soon enough - just when i thought Avocado was fairly common, it now goes for over $125.......not too long ago, these were $30 all day

damn! a couple of years ago, i posted that i was looking to buy a copy. a guy sent me one for free. he wouldn't even let me pay him for shipping or anything even though i offered to pay for the vinyl and shipping.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    rare things are hard to find..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    Elzar wrote:

backspacer will be hard to find on vinyl soon enough

i'm not so sure about this. the rest of the albums weren't available in such high numbers, at all the targets where the backspacers were...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Thought I answered this, I think it's because the 'record store' is dying, saw someone say that the music industry is going full digital in 2 years?
    I bought Backspacer at Target and the kid that rang me up thought the LP was a poster book, when I told him it was vinyl, he still didn't get it. Poor kid...
    I saw lots of vinyl at the poster show, christmas singles, into the wild, no code etc. Find a really good record store that deals in vinyl, you can find whatever your heart desires!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless