Yet, another thieving mechanic.....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Is getting on my fucking nerves....

Last Tuesday he said, "It should take 2-3 days"

I still dont have my fucking car.....

Last Tuesday he said, "It will be $1200"

Today he said, "$1400"

Mechanics are nothing but lying, cheating, thieving, pieces of shit......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Do you have the $1,200 in writing?
    If so he can't charge you more unless its for additional work that you approve.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    Poncier wrote:
    Do you have the $1,200 in writing?
    If so he can't charge you more unless its for additional work that you approve.
    He is getting $1200....

He backed down instantly from the $1400, once he saw my reaction...

He actually apologized....

Fuck him......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Seriously, I'd trust a drug dealer before trusting a mechanic. Then again, I have reputable dealers, so... Hey, maybe one of them can fix your car.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i vote you burn his shop down.

also, like eyed suggests..
    go find yourself a good ole fashion dope freak with a socket set.
    i myself am a good ole fashion dope freak but i am no mechanic...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i vote you burn his shop down.

also, like eyed suggests..
    i myself am a good ole fashion dope freak but i am no mechanic...

You should see how mechanically inclined I am with everything except actual tools. Give me a rock, a stick, and a pond full of mud and tadpoles, and I can build just about anything. Give me an actual hammer and about all I can do is hit someone with it.

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    is this your mechanic?

female-mechanic.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    chadwick wrote:
    Spicoli.jpg

"My Dad's a TV repairman, he's got this awesome set of tools, I can fix it"
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Spicoli.jpg

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Seriously, I'd trust a drug dealer before trusting a mechanic. Then again, I have reputable dealers, so... Hey, maybe one of them can fix your car.

hahaha!

But seriously, I would too...I fucking hate dealing with mechanics...always a royal pain in the ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so many car places are full of shit.

the gf took her car in for an oil change and they told her she needed new windshield wipers.

having just installed a new set a week before, i called them up and asked them if they had clue as to what they were doing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

the gf took her car in for an oil change and they told her she needed new windshield wipers.

having just installed a new set a week before, i called them up and asked them if they had clue as to what they were doing

Please tell me it wasn't Jiffy Lube. FUCK THAT PLACE. Boycott Jiffy Lube...every location is a joke.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    yesterday, I stopped by discount tire for a "free" tire rotation. Today, I have four new tires ($678). :roll:

I guess their business plan works! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    yesterday, I stopped by discount tire for a "free" tire rotation. Today, I have four new tires ($678). :roll:

I'll beat Speedy to it.

hehehehehehehehehehehe

dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Please tell me it wasn't Jiffy Lube. FUCK THAT PLACE. Boycott Jiffy Lube...every location is a joke.

i think it was a penzoil. we don't go to those places any more. either i do it at home, or i take it to the dealer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:

i use tirerack.com. the sales tax savings + rebate > shipping costs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    IMO, it's best to understand how all the parts of a car work and what they do to avoid being ripped off.

it's also best to avoid automatics. IMO, they break down more often/have more issues than manual's.

your results may very.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i think it was a penzoil. we don't go to those places any more. either i do it at home, or i take it to the dealer.

I usually do the same thing, I prefer to do it myself, but...when you don't have ramps or a heavy duty jack and jack stands it's a little difficult so I usually have to go to my old man's house to do it with his equipment.

In any case, I usually try to support lcoal shops that I find trust worthy as opposed to going to some chain. However if I do choose a chain, I choose Grease Monkey as they've been very honest and not tryign to sell me extras in all my dealings with them.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Jiffy Lube is the fucking worst! I only go there because I usually have a coupon and it's nice and quick, but those fuckers tell you that you need EVERYTHING for your car. If it were up to them, you'd spend 3 or $400 when all you needed was an oil change. Fucking criminals...

Luckily, we have a family friend that works on our cars when needed. It sure does pay to know a good mechanic.
    81 wrote:
    it's also best to avoid automatics. IMO, they break down more often/have more issues than manual's.

your results may very.

While I think you may be right on this, I also think it's very dependent on the driver and how they treat their transmission. I've had a number of automatics, and two manuals. And the only transmission problem I had was on one of the manuals. But then again, I baby my vehicles. I drive them very gently, and I'm a stickler about maintenance. My girlfriend makes fun of me...but up until just recently she was the one driving the P.O.S.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    edited May 2010
    Poncier wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Spicoli.jpg

haha..
    tv repairmen are still in business?
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Jiffy Lube is the fucking worst! I only go there because I usually have a coupon and it's nice and quick, but those fuckers tell you that you need EVERYTHING for your car. If it were up to them, you'd spend 3 or $400 when all you needed was an oil change. Fucking criminals...

Luckily, we have a family friend that works on our cars when needed. It sure does pay to know a good mechanic.

I know, right? Last time I went to Jiffy Lube I needed a change ASAP before I left for Boise so I went in and got their standard change. They were telling me all this shit, and then he was like "I strongly recommend that you change your air filter right now, it's $28.99 (or something like that)."

I told the guy, very honestly..."I'm not going to pay that much for something I can do for more than half that price and in less than 10 minutes."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    imalive wrote:

not only did you get tires for $678.00 bucks
    but you also got the fantastic deal of getting kicked square in the balls.
    all by chance of course
    due to the "free" tire rotation...
    these guys have car owners coming and going.

im buying a horse.

anyone need a 94' Lincoln towncar executive series?
    @ this point i am willing to give it to you along with a generous $15.00 for more window(s) duct tape.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dcfaithful wrote:

I know, right? Last time I went to Jiffy Lube I needed a change ASAP before I left for Boise so I went in and got their standard change. They were telling me all this shit, and then he was like "I strongly recommend that you change your air filter right now, it's $28.99 (or something like that)."

I told the guy, very honestly..."I'm not going to pay that much for something I can do for more than half that price and in less than 10 minutes."

i'll still find a dealer. although some of them aren't that good. went to NC over easter. stopped the night in IN to pick up my brother and had the dealer there do it. my complaint with them is they marked all my tires at 32lbs, even tho i was running them at 40 in the front and 38 in the rear.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    chadwick wrote:
    imalive wrote:

not only did you get tires for $678.00 bucks
    but you also got the fantastic deal of getting kicked square in the balls.
    all by chance of course
    due to the "free" tire rotation...
    these guys have car owners coming and going.

im buying a horse.

anyone need a 94' Lincoln towncar executive series?
    @ this point i am willing to give it to you along with a generous $15.00 for more window(s) duct tape.

actually, I pretty much did need tires. my adventurous days of driving on bald tires are in the past.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, I was there 2-3 weeks ago before I drove to Indy for the show and the guy told me I need a new air filter, wipers, tires rotated, etc...what a fucking joke that place is.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    lol...I took my car to valvoline to get the oil changed and was told a headlight and tail light were out among other things...I said I can take care of it, no thanks. Got home and all lights worked, belt was fine...but my tires seemed underinflated....haha...first and last time I go there
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    lol...I took my car to valvoline to get the oil changed and was told a headlight and tail light were out among other things...I said I can take care of it, no thanks. Got home and all lights worked, belt was fine...but my tires seemed underinflated....haha...first and last time I go there

dumb-ass mechanic... ya think if he was going to lie about a part not working, it wouldn't be something you could check yourself with a flick of the wrist. How is your flux capacitor running?

dumb-ass mechanic... ya think if he was going to lie about a part not working, it wouldn't be something you could check yourself with a flick of the wrist. How is your flux capacitor running?

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    1400 for an oil change :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg