TOUR STATS

SoMuchClearerSoMuchClearer Posts: 59
edited May 2010 in The Porch
My friend who attended his 19th show including DC, and both MSGs this year put this email together...

"Great shows this tour, I was sifting through the setlists and decided to do a little research so, with no further ado...

Statistics...

Pearl Jam played a total of 377 songs to complete their 13 show U.S. Tour for an average of 29 songs per show.

The Shortest show was the first show of the tour at 23 songs, This was at the New Orleans Jazz Festival.
The Longest show was the last show of the tour at 34 songs. MSG night two.

Pearl Jam played a total of 121 individual songs during the U.S. tour, of these 121, 86 were from studio albums, 20 were other misc. Pearl Jam originals. The remaining 15 a mix of covers from various artists.

The following songs were also played but not included in the previous statistic because they were played as tags.

Modern Girl (not for you)
Little Wing (ledbetter)
Star Spangled Banner (ledbetter)
Atomic Dog (blood)
Save it for Later (betterman)
People Have the Power (daughter)
Blitzkreig Bop (daughter)
WMA (daughter)

Happy Birthday was also played one time.

Dead Flowers and That's Alright were played as preset songs at Columbus on 5/6/10

The first song of the tour was "So You Want to be a Rock and Roll Star"
The last song of the tour was "Yellow Ledbetter" w/ Star Spangled Banner tag.

Backspacer is the only Studio album played in its entirety.

VS. was nearly played in its entirety but WMA was only played as a tag, you be the judge. Other than that, the rest of the Studio albums sported some absentee songs.

Most noteably only 4 songs from Riot Act were played, this is the only album that more songs were skipped than performed. The following songs WERE played...

1/2 Full, Save You, You Are, I Am Mine

The only song played at every show was Just Breathe.

The Following is a List of Studio Album tracks that were NOT played during the tour.

Deep, Pry to, Bugs, Aye Davanita, Stupid Mop, Who You Are, Habit, Around the Bend, Untitled (teased at msg night one), Evacuation, Nothing As it Seems, Thin Air, Soon Forget, Parting Ways, Can't Keep, Love Boat Captain, Cropduster, Ghost, Thumbing My Way, Get Right, Green Disease, Help Help, Arc, All or None, Bu$hleaguer, Parachutes, Big Wave, Gone, Come Back

Yellow Ledbetter closed 6 of the 13 shows.

The following songs were played as openers.

So You Want to be a Rock and Roll Star, Of the Girl (2), Sometimes (2), Oceans, Release (2), Wash, Unthought Known (2), Small Town, Corduroy

During every show, without fail, Ed mumbled some combination of, Fuck, Shit, Fuckin Shit, Republican.

Hopefully this email was entertaining."

We are nerds
2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DH286643DH286643 Posts: 47
    Comeback was played at Columbus
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    Alive was played at every show aswell
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • sstuart42sstuart42 Posts: 21
    Wow. Greats STATS!!!!

Thanks

I would've added MSG 2 was best show this tour and maybe ever
    09/28/96 Randalls Island,NY 1 09/29/96 Randalls Island 2, 09/10/98 Madison Square Garden,NY 1, 09/11/98 MSG 2, 08/23/00 Jones Beach,NY 1, 08/24/00 Jones Beach 2, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 3, 07/08/03 MSG 1, 07/09/03 MSG 2, 07/12/03 Hershey Park,PA, 06/25/05 MSG, 09/30/05 Borgata Hotel,NJ, 06/03/06 Contintental Arena,NJ, 06/25/08 MSG, 10/31/09 Wachovia Center,Phil , UPCOMING FOR 2010-MSG 2 05/21/2010~~~Continental Arena,NJ 05/18/2010
  • JC38557JC38557 Posts: 33

The Following is a List of Studio Album tracks that were NOT played during the tour.

Deep, Pry to, Bugs, Aye Davanita, Stupid Mop, Who You Are, Habit, Around the Bend, Untitled (teased at msg night one), Evacuation, Nothing As it Seems, Thin Air, Soon Forget, Parting Ways, Can't Keep, Love Boat Captain, Cropduster, Ghost, Thumbing My Way, Get Right, Green Disease, Help Help, Arc, All or None, Bu$hleaguer, Parachutes, Big Wave, Gone, Come Back

It is amazing to me that Pearl Jam played SO many of their songs over the tour and still had to skip gems such as:

Who You Are
    Nothing As It Seems
    Parting Ways
    Love Boat Captain
    Thumbing My Way
    Green Disease
    Gone

What an unbelievably diverse and humongous catalog. I am still "high" from the feeling I had at Friday night's show. It really brought me back and I wasn't expecting to have such a visceral reaction. I'm grateful.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    sstuart42 wrote:
    Wow. Greats STATS!!!!

Thanks

I would've added MSG 2 was best show this tour and maybe ever

that is subjective. not a stat
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • catschellercatscheller Posts: 228
    Sounds like your friend was compiling setlists like I've been doing! In addition to Alive (as someone else already mentioned), they also played The Fixer and Unthought Known at all 13 shows. They also played 46 songs (including Happy Birthday) just once.

Boston and Buffalo each ended up with the most (6) songs played only there and Noblesville & St. Louis each ended up with the least (1) songs played only there. Depending on what you consider "rare" (I saw several differing opinions on the matter in another thread), I would say that Fatal (4 times in 7 years) and No Way (9 times in 12 years) were the rarest songs played.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who likes to analyze these sorts of things!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14