Turntable Help

BetterVedderBetterVedder Posts: 145
edited May 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm a little new to the turntable scene so this may seem common sense to some but if so, please share your wisdom. I have a Denon DP300F turntbale hooked up to a Pioneer receiver and Harmon Kardon speakers. The system sounds great. From the outset, the turntable always sounded great. I would need to turn it up a little louder then usual if listening to the tv or another audio source but no big deal. The turntbale has a built in equalizer. Lately however, out of nowhere, every time I put a record on, the front and rear left speakers are all muddy, full of static and distorted. They were never like this before. The center, front and rear right speakers still sound crisp and perfect and only the left speakers are affected. I thought maybe I had blown the speakers but it didn't make sense that these two on the same side were the ones with the problem. Also, when listening to the system with the tv, the front and rear left speakers are again completely crisp and clear with no problems. What is going on?
"I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    It could be any number of things, but it's almost certainly a problem with the wiring somewhere. I'd wiggle the jacks and check connections on the turntable and on the receiver, and if that doesn't fix it, then I'd try replacing the cables. If neither of those fix the issue, then it's probably internal wiring on the jacks, either inside the turntable or inside the receiver.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.