Options

Anyone else waiting for the empty 2009 box?

ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Maybe it would have been better to wait and buy the whole box set but i bought the boots as soon as they have been available (YES, i can't wait - thats my problem!!!).
So i hope that the empty box will show up in the goods section soon! Dear TC, any update? :roll:
up here in my tree in Vienna
2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
EV London/Hammersmith 2012
EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    Yep, i'm waiting too for that empty box!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Yep, i'm waiting too for that empty box!

I knew that, D! :)
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    I emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> this:
    I purchased each 2009 bootleg as it came out to support the bootleg program. I did the same thing for the 2008 shows.
    The Ten Club was nice enough to sell just the box for the 2008 bootlegs for all of us who purchased the bootlegs as they were released.

Now a box-set is being sold at a discounted rate for the 2009 bootlegs I have already purchased one by one.
    Can you please list the box for the 2009 bootlegs as an item for sell by itself? I then could by the Philly box set and the empty box and I would be very thankful.

On 6/1/10 1:25 PM, "Ten Club, LLC." <info@tenclub.net> wrote:
    The empty box will be available at the end of the tour.
    10C
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Cool.

Im buying the shit out of 2010 bootlegs.... have them all and I am really hoping for a 2010 box when the time comes.
  • Options
    Glad this helped someone.

The 2009 tour is over. Do we have to wait until the end of the 2010 tour to get the empty box for the 2009 Boots?
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 589
    This is a little bit of a sore subject for me... I've actually e-mailed Ten Club twice and have not heard a reply. I thought I brought up a very valid discussion. Here's the e-mail I sent...

Ten Club,

I do not want to come across as unappreciative, but I wanted to voice my disapproval concerning the new offer for the 2009 tour box set. I am very grateful for all that the band and Ten Club does for its fans, but I just wanted to bring something to your attention if it hasn't been already.

I purchased the first 28 shows from 2009 shortly after they were made available at a rate of 16.98 each (475.44 total). I also plan to purchase the Philly box set that was just made available for $60. Then when an individual box for the tour becomes available, I plan on purchasing that as well. That will put my total cost for the 2009 bootlegs around $550! My complaint is that I'm being punished for purchasing sooner rather than later. I could've gotten the entire collection at the new special price of $395. That would've saved me $155 if I had only waited. Problem is, I had no idea such an offer would eventually be made a few short months later. In other words, I'll end up being punished to the tune of $155 for buying the same product, only much earlier. This just doesn't seem fair to me.

I've purchased every official bootleg that has been put out on CD format since they started doing it in 2000. I will, more than likely, continue this in the future. I love this band, but I think the issue that I explained is a huge disservice. Is there any possible way to rectify this?
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    I completely agree with you wnh1977! I am in the same boat.

Although, I have to say I can understand the concept of paying more to have each boot immediately.

Now, you have to decide if you can handle not buying each individual bootleg when they are available and wait to see if they offer a discounted box set at the end of the tour.

I will feel a little better when they release the 2009 boots empty box!
  • Options
    Exactly how I feel. :(

I'm not buying any of the 2010 CD's right now. I know I will buy them all down in just a few months down the road, but for now individually buying, I don't think so! If I had known before making the '09 purchases that buying the box set after the tour that I would save 160+ plus bucks (and comes with a custom box set, add more money to the bill), instead of buying ever single disc each day it comes out, I wouldn't of bought any of the 2009 CD's.

I don't care for the shipping charges. That's life. USA get's no shipping charges. International orders are $4.50 a CD. It's not like the 2009 CD's were out of print. They are still selling the CD's for the 2009 tour. It's only been a few months, not year's. Just shocked about the huge drop of price per CD that's included in the 2009 box set, that also includes the Philly Box Set! If each CD we bought individually costed $16.98, then all the CD's in that box set should be sold for $16.98 each.

Well, we all learned our lesson. Best to wait till the end if you want to buy all the CD's. They are not limited edition & what's a few month's wait. Till then, just smooch off your friends or search the internet for those digital downloads, youtube video clips & links. :twisted:
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    wnh1977 wrote:
    This is a little bit of a sore subject for me... I've actually e-mailed Ten Club twice and have not heard a reply. I thought I brought up a very valid discussion. Here's the e-mail I sent...

Ten Club,

I do not want to come across as unappreciative, but I wanted to voice my disapproval concerning the new offer for the 2009 tour box set. I am very grateful for all that the band and Ten Club does for its fans, but I just wanted to bring something to your attention if it hasn't been already.

I purchased the first 28 shows from 2009 shortly after they were made available at a rate of 16.98 each (475.44 total). I also plan to purchase the Philly box set that was just made available for $60. Then when an individual box for the tour becomes available, I plan on purchasing that as well. That will put my total cost for the 2009 bootlegs around $550! My complaint is that I'm being punished for purchasing sooner rather than later. I could've gotten the entire collection at the new special price of $395. That would've saved me $155 if I had only waited. Problem is, I had no idea such an offer would eventually be made a few short months later. In other words, I'll end up being punished to the tune of $155 for buying the same product, only much earlier. This just doesn't seem fair to me.

I've purchased every official bootleg that has been put out on CD format since they started doing it in 2000. I will, more than likely, continue this in the future. I love this band, but I think the issue that I explained is a huge disservice. Is there any possible way to rectify this?

You had to have known there would be a set, there has been since the beginning and they are always cheaper than buying each show individually. The empty box will be available after the tour so you can put your boots in it. It's called a company making money. Movie companies do it all the time. you buy all the movie sequels individually and then when the last one is out they release a complete package with extra goodies to make you buy everything again. It's called smart business, which is what the 10 club now is, a big time business. They put out a set that's slightly cheaper to lure the people who didn't buy them individually to now go and get it.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    They should sell a "subscription" at some sort of discounted rate ahead of time. Also include the digital downloads with it. As The CDs ship as they become available. Then sell the box at the end.

I would definitely take advantage of that every tour.
  • Options
    wnh1977 wrote:

Ten Club,

You had to have known there would be a set, there has been since the beginning and they are always cheaper than buying each show individually. The empty box will be available after the tour so you can put your boots in it. It's called a company making money. Movie companies do it all the time. you buy all the movies together and then when the last one is out they release a package with extra goodies to make you buy everything again. It's called smart business, which is what the 10 club now is. They put out a set that's slightly cheaper to lure the people who didn't buy them individually to now go and get it.

Exactly, but those so called 'movie companies' release that sort of Collector's Edition Box Set's, Ultimate Box Set's many year's later that are different & more valuable then the first released product. Plus, there is no extra goodies include with this box set. All you're getting extra is the box as a bonus. That's it! It's the same product. The same CD's. The same artwork. The same packaging that you have already purchased individually many month's ago. Nothing has been remastered or anything. Nothing has been touched or added. All you're getting as a bonus is a box. For this box set that is so cheaply sold today, why not sell their individually CD's from the box set cheaper? Are they selling individually the 2009 CD's lower then $16.98? :|
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    They should sell a "subscription" at some sort of discounted rate ahead of time. Also include the digital downloads with it. As The CDs ship as they become available. Then sell the box at the end.

I would definitely take advantage of that every tour.

I love the way you think. I would be down for something like this too!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    wnh1977 wrote:

Ten Club,

You had to have known there would be a set, there has been since the beginning and they are always cheaper than buying each show individually. The empty box will be available after the tour so you can put your boots in it. It's called a company making money. Movie companies do it all the time. you buy all the movies together and then when the last one is out they release a package with extra goodies to make you buy everything again. It's called smart business, which is what the 10 club now is. They put out a set that's slightly cheaper to lure the people who didn't buy them individually to now go and get it.

Exactly, but those so called 'movie companies' release that sort of Collector's Edition Box Set's, Ultimate Box Set's many year's later that are different & more valuable then the first released product. Plus, there is no extra goodies include with this box set. All you're getting extra is the box as a bonus. That's it! It's the same product. The same CD's. The same artwork. The same packaging that you have already purchased individually many month's ago. Nothing has been remastered or anything. Nothing has been touched or added. All you're getting as a bonus is a box. For this box set that is so cheaply sold today, why not sell their individually CD's from the box set cheaper? Are they selling individually the 2009 CD's lower then $16.98? :|

Or maybe they could just not put them out at all. Buying shows individually is for people who usually want to buy their shows man maybe another one. Everyone here who bought every boot knew there would be a cheaper box set to follow. There has been now for close to 10 years. It's the reason I don't buy anything until tours are over. I have patience. And if I desperately need something I will buy the mp3's until then to hold me over and save $8 until the set is out.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Or maybe they could just not put them out at all. Buying shows individually is for people who usually want to buy their shows man maybe another one. Everyone here who bought every boot knew there would be a cheaper box set to follow. There has been now for close to 10 years. It's the reason I don't buy anything until tours are over. I have patience. And if I desperately need something I will buy the mp3's until then to hold me over and save $8 until the set is out.

Yeah, but not that cheap! We are talking about 160+ dollars, excluding postage costs & empty box. That's a huge amount of cost there. A 50 buck lose, okie dokie, I can take it! But the amount we are talking about, all lost (for the one's who bought them all individually) I don't think so. There is no patience for that at all.
  • Options
    Nitsua87Nitsua87 Posts: 95
    In all fairness, it seems a bit disingenuous to say there has been an empty box for every box set. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't recall a box being released for the 2005 or 2006 tours, as they were all digital .

Secondly, some of us simply can not wait until the tour is over to order the boots. We need our PJ fix and we need it quick. Surely the people that have organized such awesome presentations as the Gorge Box Set, the Philly Bootlegs Box Set, and the 2008 box set can spare a few empty boxes for those of us that can't wait until the end of the tour to buy the whole tour in one set.

I understand if you want to wait until the end of the tour to buy the bootlegs. That's fair. But some of us simply have to hear the shows as they come out. Call it PJ Syndrome if you'd like, but surely the good people at the Ten Club will find the kindness in their hearts to simply sell an empty box for us loyal PJ devotees that have to hear bootlegs as soon as they're released. Delayed gratification is nice in some areas of life, but not when it comes to having your face melted by the best live band on God's Green Earth.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah, but not that cheap! We are talking about 160+ dollars, excluding postage costs & empty box. That's a huge amount of cost there. A 50 buck lose, okie dokie, I can take it! But the amount we are talking about, all lost (for the one's who bought them all individually) I don't think so. There is no patience for that at all.

Again, you knew it was going to happen. It's not their fault you weren't patient enough to wait for the set that you knew was coming. If you have to have them right away buy the mp3's and that way it won't be a $160 difference it will be half that which is closer to your $50 difference.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    same here..i think will be in good section soon.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Patience to buy PJ bootlegs? What heresy are you people speaking?
  • Options
    Nitsua87 wrote:
    Patience to buy PJ bootlegs? What heresy are you people speaking?

Buy the mp3's for half the price until the set is out and then the difference in money isn't as extreme. It's not that hard to do. If you don't have an mp3 player, than deal with the price and stop whining or wait. It's that simple folks. It's the same thing that's been going on for years. did you think all of a sudden it would be different this time around. Hell the mp3's of the spectrum show would have cost you $40, but you get the box set of 9 CD's for $60. It's the way it goes. Sets are cheaper, they always are and always will be. Plan better next time.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    I refuse to be lectured by people failing to use correct grammar. You know who you are.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574

Where were the box sets for 2000 and 2003? 2006 boots were only released digitally. 2007 never officially came out, same as 05. Where was the box for those? Only 2008 boots had a box set after the tour was released. That was only 13 shows. 2009 was like 32 shows or something. Who knew they were going to release a box set for 09 back in August?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Nitsua87 wrote:
    I refuse to be lectured by people failing to use correct grammar. You know who you are.

Oh yeah!!!! Awesome!!!! A new grammar coach. It's the person who knows others are right, but as a defense measure they use grammar issues as a way to combat it. They are so loved on message boards.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    youngster wrote:

Where were the box sets for 2000 and 2003? 2006 boots were only released digitally. 2007 never officially came out, same as 05. Where was the box for those? Only 2008 boots had a box set after the tour was released. That was only 13 shows. 2009 was like 32 shows or something. Who knew they were going to release a box set for 09 back in August?

I have sets from 2000(US and Europe). I don't think it came in a case but was bought as a set that had it's own price. I never bought another set after that so I don't remember. I buy CD's of the shows I go to and mp3's of any other show I hear is great or has an awesome setlist. After 5 shows it all starts sounding the same to me. I have no need to listen to that many different shows when I can get 4 of the top shows and get everything I want to hear. Why do I need to hear 35 versions of the same 20 songs they play at almost every show?

I guess all good things do come to those who wait.
    Post edited by RedMosquito22 on
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    youngster wrote:

I have sets from 2000(US and Europe). It didn't come in a case but was bought as a set that had it's own price. I never bought another set after that so I don't remember.

I guess all good things do come to those who wait.

Very true. I will definately be waiting on boots from here on out. Except Hartford and Boston cause I was at those shows.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Again, you knew it was going to happen. It's not their fault you weren't patient enough to wait for the set that you knew was coming. If you have to have them right away buy the mp3's and that way it won't be a $160 difference it will be half that which is closer to your $50 difference.

You're joking right? You're joking! Patient enough? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 160 PLUS BUCKS OVER HERE NOW! Not 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 bucks difference in savings. Knew it was coming? HELL NO! Nothing like this.

So you're saying, buy the mp3's, pay $9.99 now for digital downloads now, then pay again down the road, wait, till the CD box set comes in? Who would of thought the box set would sell so cheap. Not me, and not so much!
  • Options
    No use complaining, it won't help. You loved them when you got them so what difference does it make. It's way too late to complain about it. Now you know how the guy who wasted $240 on an Into the wild LP feels.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    No use complaining, it won't help. You loved them when you got them so what difference does it make. It's way too late to complain about it. Now you know how the guy who wasted $240 on an Into the wild LP feels.

Now you are comparing apples to oranges. The Into The Wild vinyl was a collectors edition item. Only a few hundred prints were made. Sold out within seconds in the 10club goods section. These 2009 discs are Burn To Order CD-R's. It's 2010 today & you can still buy 2009 CD-R's from 10club. It's not a collectible. You can buy it now. And probably buy them for many more year's. That's why they are burn to order items. 2009 CD's won't be leaving the 10club goods section for a while.
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way like Nitsua87! Now I know that i would save money if i wait a few months until the box set comes out but for me, a PJ fanatic and collector, is a new bootleg something i want to have in my hands as soon as possible! Maybe its hard to understand but thats the way i'm feeling. The only thing that makes me a little bit angry is the extreme price difference...
    ...and what is the argument against releasing the empty box and the box set at the same time?
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    I feel exactly the same way like Nitsua87! Now I know that i would save money if i wait a few months until the box set comes out but for me, a PJ fanatic and collector, is a new bootleg something i want to have in my hands as soon as possible! Maybe its hard to understand but thats the way i'm feeling. The only thing that makes me a little bit angry is the extreme price difference...
    ...and what is the argument against releasing the empty box and the box set at the same time?

That's fine to feel that way, just know that you will end up spending more money that way. If you don't care than everything is all good. Or just get mp3's while you wait(especially if you know you are buying the whole set) so the price difference isn't as huge. I never for one second thought that there wouldn't be a set for this tour, maybe I am in the minority, but from here on out I think you can expect one and if there isn't you can always go back and just buy the CD's you want.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....