Michael Bublé loves Eddie

jamesmoriartyjamesmoriarty Posts: 2
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I was flicking through last nights tv in England and came across Michael Bublé saying he loved Eddie Vedder and thought he was the reincarnation of Elvis Presley! very random...
Anyone else heard or seen someone unexpected claiming they love Pearl Jam?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think we have local stripper who loves Eddie & Pearl Jam. She was on the radio morning show, my son told me about it not too long ago. It struck his funny bone for some reason cause she really wanted to meet them ;)
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I had to face everyone at work passing comment on The Bubble liking PJ and Ed all day today :roll:

I've found PJ fans everywhere, but no one famous i'm afraid... I once worked with someone for three months before he mentioned that he had been at Dublin 06 when I mentioned I went to Reading. He'd been a Tenclub member for years! He's since left but i've seen him at Wembley, Manchester and The O2... plus he's going to Berlin! :D

Oh and once I was having a meeting in my bank (one of those where they're trying to sell you loans, credit cards etc) and it turned out that my account manager was a huge PJ fan! As a result he was completely honest with me, told me not to go for anything they were trying to push on me and we ended up having a lovely little chin-wag about tours, favourite songs/albums etc :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I remember a Rolling Stone article about Korn ad Jon Davis said he was a huge fan ad would dream of doing a duet. I remember Anthony Keidis saying he'd duet with Ed too.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Ty wrote:
    I remember Anthony Keidis saying he'd duet with Ed too.

I'd duet with Ed too. 8-)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • pandora wrote:
    I think we have local stripper who loves Eddie & Pearl Jam. She was on the radio morning show, my son told me about it not too long ago. It struck his funny bone for some reason cause she really wanted to meet them ;)

Wonder if that is the same stripper that ended up with lost-my-job-and-unloaded-my-remaining-cash-on-a-stripclub-DJ dude from last week?
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    Out of curiousity what show was it?
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    pandora wrote:

Wonder if that is the same stripper that ended up with lost-my-job-and-unloaded-my-remaining-cash-on-a-stripclub-DJ dude from last week?

:lol::lol::lol:

Imagine!
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    I was flicking through last nights tv in England and came across Michael Bublé saying he loved Eddie Vedder and thought he was the reincarnation of Elvis Presley! very random...
    Anyone else heard or seen someone unexpected claiming they love Pearl Jam?

Thats not really that random. I have read 5 or 6 articles that he mentions Eddie and loving him and Pearl Jam.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    The most random thing I ever heard was when I spent the night with my 74 year old grandma back in 93. She was taking a shower and I heard her singing. I went to the door to get a better listen and I heard her say "What the fuck is this world running to? You didn't Leave a message at least I could have learned your voice one last time".

:shock:
  • Idlewild wrote:
    Out of curiousity what show was it?

it was on a horrible ITV show called An audience with michael bublé, where various d-list celebs asked him questions. One of the members of a girl group called The Saturdays asked him if he'd ever wanted to be in a band and he said he had wanted to be Eddie when he was younger. She looked a bit confused- obviously the Saturdays are not Pearl Jam fans....
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    I hear Ashton Kutcher is a big fan as well...
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Beach Bum wrote:
    The most random thing I ever heard was when I spent the night with my 74 year old grandma back in 93. She was taking a shower and I heard her singing. I went to the door to get a better listen and I heard her say "What the fuck is this world running to? You didn't Leave a message at least I could have learned your voice one last time".

This is the greatest story ever told! Kudos!
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Beach Bum wrote:

Doh!, she's just like me.........

Michael Buble is just looking for some new fans,
    ( any friend of PJ is a friend of ours? )