Question that hurts heads...

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A child hopes that his family won't get rained on. His mother is aware of this hope. Mother tells father to build a house. Father builds house. It begins to rain but, the family is in the house and doesn't get rained on.
Who gets the credit for them not getting rained on, child, mother or father given you only have to pick one person?
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The father.

My head feels fine.
  • HeyWayneHeyWayne Posts: 316
    Grandfather for leaving them the land they currently live on in his will.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • God because he has lousy aim.

I'll go with the idea man.
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    the child. without the initial hope to spark the building they clearly have nothing cuz mom and dad are too dumb to realize they need a HOUSE
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Father gets it.

You can hope and plan all you want, but without any execution it amounts to nothing.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    The lumber yard for supplying the materials.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    loadedgun wrote:
    The lumber yard for supplying the materials.
    Similar to my initial response. I thought whoever manufactured the shingles. In the end quality material is the only thing keeping them dry :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Father gets it.

You can hope and plan all you want, but without any execution it amounts to nothing.
    But without being told what to do, nothing would have been built...
    milarso wrote:
    Father gets it.

But without being told what to do, nothing would have been built...

doesn't matter. You need actions to get results. 100 people can have 1,000 hopes and come up with 10,000 ideas.

The credit due is the person who can sort through all that talk and turn it into something real.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    can we just agree that the question is too simple for the situation, and therefore does not apply?
    doesn't matter. You need actions to get results. 100 people can have 1,000 hopes and come up with 10,000 ideas.

The credit due is the person who can sort through all that talk and turn it into something real.

But he didn't sort through any talk. Just did what he was told. You could say he was just a tool the mother used to get something done.
    milarso wrote:

But he didn't sort through any talk. Just did what he was told. You could say he was just a tool the mother used to get something done.

but he's the one who did it, when all were capable of doing it. that's all there is to it.
    milarso wrote:

but he's the one who did it, when all were capable of doing it. that's all there is to it.

So you're saying that the Mexicans that are building all of these big homes in sub-divisions deserve all the credit? Not the designers, planners, purchasers, etc.? Just because they are the ones swinging the hammer?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    different scenario...the boss/worker structure is hierarchal with an established leader and is operating as a unit whereas the OP's mother/father structure is egalitarian, no established leader, and are all acting as competing individuals.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    This is one of those Obama, keep hope alive trick questions, right? :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    is it supposed to hurt my head because it is such a retarded question?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    milarso wrote:
    A child hopes that his family won't get rained on. His mother is aware of this hope. Mother tells father to build a house. Father builds house. It begins to rain but, the family is in the house and doesn't get rained on.
    Who gets the credit for them not getting rained on, child, mother or father given you only have to pick one person?

The mother should get the credit because the story doesn't indicate that the child spoke of his/her hope. It just says the mother was aware of the hope. Therefore, without the mother's action, there would be no father's action, and there would be no rain shelter.

Do I win?
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Not headache material

My head hurts from pondering the possibility of hundreds of billions of universes. Were there hundreds of billions of big bangs, or the newest theory - that each universe is in a black hole of another universe to infinity. What is infinity anyway. I used to think the universe was infinite, but it isn't. It had a beginning and will have an end. Are there finite universes that will continue to be born and die throughout eternity. Was there time somewhere before our big bang?

Now I can really get a headache pondering at what point of our evolution did humans develope a soul. When did we become aware of and responsive to good and evil?

Now THAT is a head buster!
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    lettinggo wrote:
    Not headache material

My head hurts from pondering the possibility of hundreds of billions of universes. Were there hundreds of billions of big bangs, or the newest theory - that each universe is in a black hole of another universe to infinity. What is infinity anyway. I used to think the universe was infinite, but it isn't. It had a beginning and will have an end. Are there finite universes that will continue to be born and die throughout eternity. Was there time somewhere before our big bang?

Now I can really get a headache pondering at what point of our evolution did humans develope a soul. When did we become aware of and responsive to good and evil?

You just are not really sure if it was the mom, dad, or kid, ARE YOU?

One thing IS for certain and that is the universe, whether finite or infinite, IS expanding--or at least moving outward, because I think that it is the expansion thereof that technically is the outer force that prevents gravity from pulling all objects into each other.

If the universe is finite, and I think that's what they say, then what IS outside the universe? Nothing? But if its not a space where I could put my pinky finger, then it it a solid? Either way, isn't it SOMETHING? How can it be nothing? Is there a wall or something around the universe that prevents anything from crossing?

And if the universe is infinite, then how TF can THAT be???? Just goes on FOREVER and EVER.

Ooh, ouch.
    Wait a minute.....was the kid aware of the tax incentives they were getting when said house was built?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    DangDang wrote:
    lettinggo wrote:
    Not headache material

You just are not really sure if it was the mom, dad, or kid, ARE YOU?

One thing IS for certain and that is the universe, whether finite or infinite, IS expanding--or at least moving outward, because I think that it is the expansion thereof that technically is the outer force that prevents gravity from pulling all objects into each other.

If the universe is finite, and I think that's what they say, then what IS outside the universe? Nothing? But if its not a space where I could put my pinky finger, then it it a solid? Either way, isn't it SOMETHING? How can it be nothing? Is there a wall or something around the universe that prevents anything from crossing?

And if the universe is infinite, then how TF can THAT be???? Just goes on FOREVER and EVER.

Ooh, ouch.

Our definitely finite universe is expanding. It may even be older than what is believed now (by the scientific community, that is) if galaxies are speeding outward faster that the speed of light. Space beyond the edges of the universe has been referred to as hyper space and now there may be the edges of other universes.
    nfs
    ouch
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"