***MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS WINDSOR SPITFIRES***

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A few people from Canada and hard core hockey fans know of this tournament. Congratulations to the Windsor Spitfires, one of the best junior hockey teams of all time. I was at game 7 of the Kitchener series when they completed 0-3 comeback, amazing atmosphere. As someone who has watched Taylor Hall a lot over the last three years, someone is getting a good hockey player, probably Edmonton!!!!

Just an amazing team...I will be downtown Monday afternoon for the parade. No better feeling than your hometown team winning it all.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Niiice, I always route for the OHL to win, glad to see they did this year.

Enjoy the parade!!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    btw did you see that the entire CHL is going to be in EA NHL 2011? It will have all the teams, unis, players, etc... and it will be playable.

siiiiiiiiiiicck
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Congrats! A guy I work with used to play for them.

I would also like to give a tip-of-the-hat to the Fort Wayne Komets hockey club for winning a third straight Turner Cup in the IHL. They came back from a 3-1 hole in the semi-finals.

I just hope the IHL is back next year.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Congrats!

I met Bob Boughner a couple of times when he played for the Penguins... seemed like a nice enough guy.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MayDay10 wrote:
    btw did you see that the entire CHL is going to be in EA NHL 2011? It will have all the teams, unis, players, etc... and it will be playable.

siiiiiiiiiiicck

Yes, the CHL is trying to get kids more interested in the league, as Don Cherry says "support junior hockey".
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Congrats!

I met Bob Boughner a couple of times when he played for the Penguins... seemed like a nice enough guy.

Thank you. People are extremely appreciative of Bob Boughner and Warren Rychel for all they've done to bring home a championship team. They looked kinda surprised at the parade by the large turnout and were very happy for the fans. I figure Boughner will coach Windsor for 1 more year and the NHL will come calling. I can see Edmonton as a possible destination, they have a young team and I figure this time next year they'll realize Pat Quinn can't relate to the younger generation.