Options

showbox poster sale! what did everyone get?

edited June 2010 in The Porch
for those that went, what did you buy? my friend said that all the klausen prints were going to be sold at eb 6 month average prices. was this true?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I was not there, but it makes sense. When he's had his sales in the past with older prints, that's about what he's sold them for.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I was not there, but it makes sense. When he's had his sales in the past with older prints, that's about what he's sold them for.

wonder if that means we will see a lot of prints on tuesday
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,008
    ms259093 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

wonder if that means we will see a lot of prints on tuesday

Doubt it! If they all sell out @ the ShowBox today, we won't see them on Tuesday online sale!
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    ms259093 wrote:
    for those that went, what did you buy? my friend said that all the klausen prints were going to be sold at eb 6 month average prices. was this true?

curious too :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Doubt it! If they all sell out @ the ShowBox today, we won't see them on Tuesday online sale!

i dunno, if he is selling for eb 6 month average, i can't see ppl shelling out tonnes of money. also you would see a lot of the posters on eb, etc being sold.
  • Options
    ms259093 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

i dunno, if he is selling for eb 6 month average, i can't see ppl shelling out tonnes of money. also you would see a lot of the posters on eb, etc being sold.

Not all his prints that were sold months ago were selling @ the 6 month average! Few were less, few maybe more. I could see people shelling out the cash @ the convention today. If not, then it's true; the east coast fans are the big spenders! :P
  • Options
    let's hear it what did you all score :D
  • Options
    UPDATE!!!
  • Options
    Pictures :D please
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Is anyone who went to the show going to dish out the goods on what BK brought with him?? C'mon, we wanna know damn it! Don't punish us cause we aren't lucky enough to live in Seattle!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    It's 7:37 pm in Seattle, convention was over @ 5pm & nobody yet has posted what gem they scored @ the convention? :shock:
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    got MSG 1 low number
    EV chicago number 4
    customized justin hampton Hartford doodle

And a few others drinking tonight spent way to much money but had a blast lvoe the free pj tote they handed out with bounce balls limited prints of pj, 7 inch fixer it was well worth it.
  • Options
    Ian80Ian80 Posts: 136
    I just hope that when I get up at 4am in the morning that I can score either the 2006 DC poster or one of the posters from eddies solo tour.

Could be a dissapointing early morning for me I know.....
  • Options
    Ian80 wrote:
    I just hope that when I get up at 4am in the morning that I can score either the 2006 DC poster or one of the posters from eddies solo tour.

Could be a dissapointing early morning for me I know.....

When i left there was one ev left it was in the 70's i belive numbered.I scored number 4. I know the LA sold out and the hawaii ones. HE shoul shave some gorge and soundgardens left and AIC saw a bunch of those there.
  • Options
    got MSG 1 low number
    EV chicago number 4

And a few others drinking tonight spent way to much money but had a blast lvoe the free pj tote they handed out with bounce balls limited prints of pj, 7 inch fixer it was well worth it.

Sweet score man! :)

How was the crowd? Was it pretty packed?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    got MSG 1 low number
    EV chicago number 4

At first it was crowed there was maybe 100 or so there very chill. Brads table was a little hectic at first but started to die down.
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    demetrios wrote:
    got MSG 1 low number
    EV chicago number 4

Sorry if this is rude, but how much was he asking for the EV Chicago?
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    parkdropperparkdropper Posts: 178
    j_web18 wrote:

Sorry if this is rude, but how much was he asking for the EV Chicago?

If remembered correctly, it was going for $300 or $350. He had one he was treating as a D/S that he said he'd let go for half of that.

Was a great opportunity to view the pieces and purchase what you could afford. Had a great time talking with artists.
  • Options
    would you say there is a lot left?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    This was my first poster show, oddly enough, designing posters/album art was what I wanted to do since high school (about 1990).
    I'm crushed I missed the 10c goodie bags....would have loved a limited PJ print...oh well. My man doesn't enjoy what I like to do, so he kept trying to get me to leave, so I didn't really get to talk to any of the artists. :(

I did buy: Ames Bros book, signed
    40x42 TEN promo poster
    scored: Backspacer poster
    TEN mini promo poster

It was cool, next time I'll leave my man at home, and maybe meet up with another 10c member there! LOL!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    This sounds so awesome, I wish I lived in Seattle and could've attended/afforded this! :mrgreen:
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    ms259093 wrote:
    would you say there is a lot left?

I left with a couple of hours to go but the crowds had dramatically thinned. BK still had quite an assortment of older prints remaining and I was surprised they hadn't been snatched up. Those who want stuff will scramble tomorrow at 1PM PST to find the remnants and they'll be pleasantly surprised to see what they can get.
  • Options
    Wish I could read the price list from BK's booth in the picture when you zoom it gets al blury :twisted:
  • Options
    Wish I could read the price list from BK's booth in the picture when you zoom it gets al blury :twisted:
  • Options
    theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    timc wrote:

It was hard to read even standing at the table.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    did they offer non s/n editions?
    anyone snag an extra MSG2 ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    did they offer non s/n editions?

no, only s/n were offered for 2010 tour. they also had some 2009 ones, the 1998 Yield tour compilation, and some others.

really great guys to talk with, enjoyed it all
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I think if I lived in Seattle I would be bankrupt about now!

I'm really really in need of Klausen's No Fin No Future art print, I love that thing - I don't suppose anyone noticed if he still had any of those available??
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

I'm really really in need of Klausen's No Fin No Future art print, I love that thing - I don't suppose anyone noticed if he still had any of those available??

Yes, I noticed it was on the list. I have one already so didn't get that one but talked to him about his art prints. We might see more of those soon.

He did have at least one when I left around 3 but that's all I know.

Good luck if it's there tomorrow. Very nice print in person especially with the varnish layer.
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

They are still on sale here:

http://www.pangeaseed.com/pangea/Online ... _Mart.html