Crown of Thorns one of top 100 Songs longer then 7 minutes according to Rolling Stone

edited May 2010 in The Porch
A bit wordy of a title I know, but still a feat. The Mother Love Bone version.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17504918/rock_list_the_fifty_best_songs_over_seven_minutes_long/6
PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Noice!
  • Lot of great songs on that list
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • I think Rotten Apple by AiC (6:58...c'mon it's close) or Frogs should be on their.

And the fact that Lateralus or Third Eye by Tool isn't on their makes me cry.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    Beautiful! Mother Love on thy charters. Neat! :)
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Wait a second... Rolling Stone picked Oh Comely? Did hell freeze over? This might be their best list ever.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• And the fact that Lateralus or Third Eye by Tool isn't on their makes me cry.
    No kidding.
    Really any Tool song over 7 minutes would have done nicely.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Yay! My all time most fave song ever! I'm happy.. finally RS givin props!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • You know, it's an alright list, and I'm happy Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns is on there. Some of those bands should have had multiple entries however. How can you seriously only say one Zeppelin and one Pink Floyd song is in the best 50 songs over 7 minutes?
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I think it is a stupid category. Good on mlb for making it, but I think they r getting a bit pedantic in their categories. My opinion anyway
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    awesome!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    not a bad list probably.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Wonderful song, and by the way great list with Cure's Pictures Of You, Metallica's One, Oasis' Champagne Supernova, Blur's Tender, The Doors' The End, Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia, Guns N' Roses' Estranged, Led Zep etc.!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    gleemonex wrote:
    You know, it's an alright list, and I'm happy Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns is on there. Some of those bands should have had multiple entries however. How can you seriously only say one Zeppelin and one Pink Floyd song is in the best 50 songs over 7 minutes?

I agree, Floyd and Zep should be probably half the list.
    #FHP
  • i love the complete song Chloe Dancer/Chrown Of Thorns
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3
  • There were 3 songs that came to mind immediately when I saw the title of this thread:

"Heroin" (The Velvet Underground)
    "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" (Wilco)
    "The End" (The Doors)

All three made the list, so I'm actually pleased with Rolling Stone for once.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • One glaring omission: Steam Engine by My Morning Jacket
  • Only in Dreams! Yay :D

=w=
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    How is there not a single Phish tune on there?? That list is flawed.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Alright!!! Jane's Addiction made it there too!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Pretty amazed that November Rain by Guns N' Roses didn't make it, but not a bad list! Cool to see Mother Love Bone gets some recognition.
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    wash_ wrote:
    Alright!!! Jane's Addiction made it there too!!!

"Three Days" and "Then She Did..." should both make the list.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    No Rush? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Um, I thought that was really cool because it's a great song...

...until I saw that Justin Timberlake made the list. I don't see how Mother Love Bone and Justin Timberlake could ever be on the same list, no matter what category it is.
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    instead of Justin Timberlake should be Temple of The Dog "Reach down". For me personally it's better even than MLB "Crown of Thorns". Only my opinion...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Finaly they get some respect
  • Um, I thought that was really cool because it's a great song...

...until I saw that Justin Timberlake made the list. I don't see how Mother Love Bone and Justin Timberlake could ever be on the same list, no matter what category it is.

i guess they're trying to include all genres......??
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • wtf is hey jude? That's one of the first 7+ minutes songs, and it should be right up there near the top...
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • B-BOY BOUILLABAISSE represent!

such a dope track of their best album
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • wtf is hey jude? That's one of the first 7+ minutes songs, and it should be right up there near the top...

click the "1" and its right there
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I was surprised that there was no Stairway on the list.