I got to meet the man, Mr. EV last night after the show!!!!!

NastyNeilGNastyNeilG Posts: 36
edited May 2010 in The Porch
There are probably two loves in my life other than my wife and kids, Pearl Jam, and the New York Rangers. Every time I go in to the city, I stop at Warren 77 which is a bar partly owned by Sean Avery of the NYR. I went there last night after the show and hung out there until around 4 in the morning. I got there to meet some friends and Sean Avery himself was there hanging out. I get up to go to the bathroom and the bartender tells me that Eddie Vedder is outside having a drink on the sidewalk with a friend. I am completely in disbelief so I have to walk out and see for myself. I go outside, see a large body guard and talking on the sidewalk are Sean Avery, Chris Chelios, and none other than Eddie Vedder. I didn't want to be superfan and interrupt his drink and conversation, but I shook all of their hands and thanked Eddie for 2 AMAZING nights at MSG. He smiled and thanked me for making it special and we had a brief exchange and I was on my way, but how freaking cool right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    thats when it finally pays off to be a bar regular...thats a great story
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • NastyNeilGNastyNeilG Posts: 36
    It really was a perfect end to a perfect two nights at MSG!!!
  • NastyNeilG wrote:
    There are probably two loves in my life other than my wife and kids, Pearl Jam, and the New York Rangers. Every time I go in to the city, I stop at Warren 77 which is a bar partly owned by Sean Avery of the NYR. I went there last night after the show and hung out there until around 4 in the morning. I got there to meet some friends and Sean Avery himself was there hanging out. I get up to go to the bathroom and the bartender tells me that Eddie Vedder is outside having a drink on the sidewalk with a friend. I am completely in disbelief so I have to walk out and see for myself. I go outside, see a large body guard and talking on the sidewalk are Sean Avery, Chris Chelios, and none other than Eddie Vedder. I didn't want to be superfan and interrupt his drink and conversation, but I shook all of their hands and thanked Eddie for 2 AMAZING nights at MSG. He smiled and thanked me for making it special and we had a brief exchange and I was on my way, but how freaking cool right?

Was Avery waving his drink in Ed's face trying to distract him from talking to Chelios?
    LMAO, that is hilarious! It is funny, Avery is really one of the most chilled out and down to earth people off of the ice. On the ice, it is a completely different story. Chelios looked amazing and like he could play another 20 years in the league.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Sounds like a great dream . and then u woke up . lol :o
    It was definitely real, ha. I know it sounds so random, but it definitely happened.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    NastyNeilG wrote:
    Was Avery waving his drink in Ed's face trying to distract him from talking to Chelios?

someone had to say this!!!!!! hahahahaha
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Obviously, you're not the only NYR fan around here,
    and that is one awesome story.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Amazing!

Yesterday night, my friend & I went to the Tick Tock Diner right around the corner & across the street from MSG. We came out around 1 AM and saw a handful of people waiting by one of the exits for the band, cuz they were believed to still be in MSG. Anyway, we end up talking with the security guard who was really nice, and he tells us that whoever was left would be coming out the other side. So me, my friend, and 4 others around me go to the other side to the other exit, where there is another handful of people waiting. We got word that Boom and Matt had definitely left, but people believed that Ed, Mike, Stone & Jeff could still be in there. We waited for another hour, until the security guard there finally tells us that everyone has left. And where did they end up leaving from? The OTHER exit :?
    I really wish I could have caught a glimpse of the guys, and maybe even shaken Ed's hand (I heard he came out for a small group of people waiting on 5/20). To be soooo close was painful! But on the bright side, did meet some really nice people- so if I saw you there, hi again!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2