I want to start a charity

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
edited May 2010 in The Porch
One that is on breast and brain cancers. My mom was lucky enough to beat breast cancer but my best friends mom lost a hard battle with brain cancer.
I know there's tons of charities out there that focuses on this disease but I want to have my own charity that will contribute to prevention and research.

The tough task is starting this shin dig up!
If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    HI I always love to hear these very words from someone.. here's a few points to take into consideration. ONE you should always get Incorporated, it saves you from anyone being able to tax your organization more than once, it also keeps people from stealing any ideas you have gotten started.
    Another thing is to always register yourself as non-profit.
    And last but not least, always always always remember you ARE making a difference in what you do, even if the difference you make is just for one person. I just lost a member of my charity group called The Ink'd Girls, to breast cancer, just this year. This is also a major point in our group for fund-raising, as is March of Dimes and Diabetes, and Animal Welfare. We are based out of Kansas City Ks, and we are starting with our local community and branching out from there. please keep us updated on your progress, and if ya need any help let us know my email is :
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fromthedeskoftree@hotmail.com">fromthedeskoftree@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->. Can't wait to hear how you're doing on this!!