new to Ten Club

daniels_ryandaniels_ryan Posts: 14
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey Fans,

I'm new to the 10Club! Any members wanna fill me in on the perks of being a part of this Club?
Feel the sky blanket you, with gems & rhinestones

Toronto 09' - Buffalo 10' - Toronto 11' - Hamilton 11'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    You get to come here and talk to awesome people, access to poster and merch sales for current tours, ticket pre-sales through the Pearl Jam store - can be harder than Ticketmaster, but yields better results nearly 100% of the time, and a holiday (don't ask which one) single on vinyl, as well as two mediocre newsletters. Welcome - it's a great club!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Hey- I'm new too. Long time PJ fan, but just joining 10c. If someone could help me out to, it would be appreciated. I have no idea how anything works in this club. tickets? pre-sales? exclusives?
    winning the ticket lottery? how do you get your name in the hat? ,etc.?etc.? Like I said, I know jack shit which means you know more than me. :?:

any info, I would be thankful. :mrgreen:
    "Before his first step.. he is off again."

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • Hey Fans,

I'm new to the 10Club! Any members wanna fill me in on the perks of being a part of this Club?

This was a great idea for a thread. not sure how many will reply, but a fantastic idea. I was thinking to myself-
    "how can I get info?, let people know that I'm new?, It never occurred to me to...(dramatic drum roll) ask!
    Nice to meet you fellow (shiny new) 10c member. :D

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
    Been a member since 1994 but then fell out of it for a long time and only just rejoined last year. unfortunately that means, instead of getting 5th row seats I now will get further back, but its okay, just happy to get to see them ! :) Yes, you get to connect with other dedicated fans and make friends, priority seating at concerts, holiday records on vinyl..the perks are endless :) this is THE best band! I've felt that way since 1993 and still do. :)
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    welcome to the club and the board!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    Hey- I'm new too. Long time PJ fan, but just joining 10c. If someone could help me out to, it would be appreciated. I have no idea how anything works in this club. tickets? pre-sales? exclusives?
    winning the ticket lottery? how do you get your name in the hat? ,etc.?etc.? Like I said, I know jack shit which means you know more than me. :?:

Ticket presales are announced through email. ALWAYS make sure your membership is current. The expiration date is usually printed on things you get in the mail, and you can also find it when you log in at pearljam.com.

There is a bit of a grace period, but it is always advisable to make sure things are paid up. If your membership expires, you lose your priority number. I do believe you can buy multiple years at a time, although you do not get a discount for doing so. (If you live in the US, it's $20 for 1 year, $40 for 2, etc. International memberships could be differently priced.)

There have also been birdies that fly around and say things like "be sure your membership is current as of *date here.*" When that birdie comes around, a message will be posted here, and you'd better do what the birdie says, or you'll miss out.

You can usually get TWO tickets (must be two, no single tickets can be bought) to as many shows as you can afford. All tickets are held at the will-call window and can be picked up on the day of the show. There is NO way to find out your seats until you have the tickets in your hand, although the touringfans.net attempts to guess where the seats could be.

Tickets are based on priority number, although there can be a few variables. These variables could include things like:
    1) Number of VIP's at a show. Obviously a show in Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, or Seattle probably has a higher chance of having more VIPs than a show in St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis.

2) Home town fans. I have heard that fans who live in the city where the band is playing could get a bit of a "boost" towards the front, although this is not confirmed.

3) The lottery. Rows 1, 2, 9, and 10 are reserved for lottery winners. All 10 Club members who buy tickets for that show are automatically entered into the lottery. The lottery claims to be 100% random, but there are always conspiracy theorists. Some people may go 6 for 7 in winning the lottery, while others could go 0 for 10. Obviously, some of the conspiracy theorists could "suggest" that the front rows are also reserved for VIPs, making the lottery a bit of a sham.

It's my understanding that because you're a newer member, so if you win the lottery, you could be row 2 for one show and row 10 for another show. Long-time members who normally were row 1 before the lottery, are now defaulted back to row 3. They could win row 1 or row 2, but won't win row 9 or 10.

Once again, you could buy 5 shows and not win the lottery once. You could buy 4 shows and win the lottery 3 times.. it's totally random.

4) Speaking of "big shows", it is advisable to be prepared to buy tickets to a major city, like Boston, NYC, etc. For these two shows in NYC, due to website issues, people finally found out that they were shut out of tickets 8 or 9 hours after the on-sale time.

Meanwhile, I bought tickets for the show in Columbus and had NO problem receiving a confirmation email just a few minutes after tickets went on sale.

All members also get a vinyl record. This record was originally the "holiday single", but we're still waiting on the 2009 single. If you just entered, you'll get the 2010 single, which could arrive as late as June or July 2011.... it's perfectly 100% normal for it to be late. Hell, I was shocked when one single arrived 1 month after Christmas.

If you don't have a record player, plenty of mp3's exist of the songs. If you do have a record player, enjoy!

And do NOT sell tickets for higher than face value. 10 Club frowns upon this and you could lose your membership. I bought two tickets for Columbus which ran me $150 total. I divided that $150 in half and ended up with $75 per ticket.

Obviously, you can charge your buddy $75 (in this case) or even less than that and he buys you a beer or two, plus pays for parking... This is probably ok.

And look around on these boards. There are parties held before each show where fans congregate. This is a great place to sell your extra ticket, or pick one up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Welcome :wave: :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,680
    Welcome to the PJ Family & board :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Welcome to the PJ Family & board :D
    this..enjoy time here :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hey- I'm new too. Long time PJ fan, but just joining 10c. If someone could help me out to, it would be appreciated. I have no idea how anything works in this club. tickets? pre-sales? exclusives?

Ticket presales are announced through email. ALWAYS make sure your membership is current. The expiration date is usually printed on things you get in the mail, and you can also find it when you log in at pearljam.com.

There is a bit of a grace period, but it is always advisable to make sure things are paid up. If your membership expires, you lose your priority number. I do believe you can buy multiple years at a time, although you do not get a discount for doing so. (If you live in the US, it's $20 for 1 year, $40 for 2, etc. International memberships could be differently priced.)

There have also been birdies that fly around and say things like "be sure your membership is current as of *date here.*" When that birdie comes around, a message will be posted here, and you'd better do what the birdie says, or you'll miss out.

You can usually get TWO tickets (must be two, no single tickets can be bought) to as many shows as you can afford. All tickets are held at the will-call window and can be picked up on the day of the show. There is NO way to find out your seats until you have the tickets in your hand, although the touringfans.net attempts to guess where the seats could be.

Tickets are based on priority number, although there can be a few variables. These variables could include things like:
    1) Number of VIP's at a show. Obviously a show in Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, or Seattle probably has a higher chance of having more VIPs than a show in St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis.

2) Home town fans. I have heard that fans who live in the city where the band is playing could get a bit of a "boost" towards the front, although this is not confirmed.

3) The lottery. Rows 1, 2, 9, and 10 are reserved for lottery winners. All 10 Club members who buy tickets for that show are automatically entered into the lottery. The lottery claims to be 100% random, but there are always conspiracy theorists. Some people may go 6 for 7 in winning the lottery, while others could go 0 for 10. Obviously, some of the conspiracy theorists could "suggest" that the front rows are also reserved for VIPs, making the lottery a bit of a sham.

It's my understanding that because you're a newer member, so if you win the lottery, you could be row 2 for one show and row 10 for another show. Long-time members who normally were row 1 before the lottery, are now defaulted back to row 3. They could win row 1 or row 2, but won't win row 9 or 10.

Once again, you could buy 5 shows and not win the lottery once. You could buy 4 shows and win the lottery 3 times.. it's totally random.

4) Speaking of "big shows", it is advisable to be prepared to buy tickets to a major city, like Boston, NYC, etc. For these two shows in NYC, due to website issues, people finally found out that they were shut out of tickets 8 or 9 hours after the on-sale time.

Meanwhile, I bought tickets for the show in Columbus and had NO problem receiving a confirmation email just a few minutes after tickets went on sale.

All members also get a vinyl record. This record was originally the "holiday single", but we're still waiting on the 2009 single. If you just entered, you'll get the 2010 single, which could arrive as late as June or July 2011.... it's perfectly 100% normal for it to be late. Hell, I was shocked when one single arrived 1 month after Christmas.

If you don't have a record player, plenty of mp3's exist of the songs. If you do have a record player, enjoy!

And do NOT sell tickets for higher than face value. 10 Club frowns upon this and you could lose your membership. I bought two tickets for Columbus which ran me $150 total. I divided that $150 in half and ended up with $75 per ticket.

Obviously, you can charge your buddy $75 (in this case) or even less than that and he buys you a beer or two, plus pays for parking... This is probably ok.

And look around on these boards. There are parties held before each show where fans congregate. This is a great place to sell your extra ticket, or pick one up.

Thank you very much. You cleared up a lot of answers for me.
    So, if you buy tix here on a pre-sale, depending on the show, you may not get to buy any?
    I know I have absolutely no seniority, so do you think I would I always end up in the somewhere in the 300's (unless I won the lottery?)
    I would never charge above face value. I can't stand it when people to that for any show. Especially people that buy tix just to over charge fans. Lame.

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    Thank you very much. You cleared up a lot of answers for me.
    So, if you buy tix here on a pre-sale, depending on the show, you may not get to buy any?
    I know I have absolutely no seniority, so do you think I would I always end up in the somewhere in the 300's (unless I won the lottery?)
    I would never charge above face value. I can't stand it when people to that for any show. Especially people that buy tix just to over charge fans. Lame.

If you click the "buy" button and complete the checkout, you're good. You should get a confirmation email, and you should also see it in your order history.

For this last go-round, a ton of people saw error messages as the site continually crashed. Other people saw something like "temporarily unavailable" which meant that all the tickets were in online shopping carts, but weren't purchased. Each person had a 10 minute window in which to complete the order. There was a TON of screen reloading going on during those eight hours.

Once again, obviously, the more "marquee" the venue, the harder it was to buy tickets. I had NO problem with my confirmation email arriving minutes after tickets went on sale for Columbus, but obviously, that wasn't the case for people who bought tickets for NYC, Boston, etc.

As for your member number, it depends. If you buy something a bit closer to your billing address, you could get a bit of a boost, but it's always hard to tell. If you buy tickets for Cincinnati on a Monday night, you'll probably be better than if you bought tickets for NYC on a Friday or Saturday night.

Another thing to remember: Say your member number is 400,001. The number you SEE never changes, however as people drop out of the club, your "real" number could go down. While your number could be 400,001 right now, a few years from now, it could "really" be something more like 350,058. (Obviously, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but you get the idea.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Thank you very much. You cleared up a lot of answers for me.

If you click the "buy" button and complete the checkout, you're good. You should get a confirmation email, and you should also see it in your order history.

For this last go-round, a ton of people saw error messages as the site continually crashed. Other people saw something like "temporarily unavailable" which meant that all the tickets were in online shopping carts, but weren't purchased. Each person had a 10 minute window in which to complete the order. There was a TON of screen reloading going on during those eight hours.

Once again, obviously, the more "marquee" the venue, the harder it was to buy tickets. I had NO problem with my confirmation email arriving minutes after tickets went on sale for Columbus, but obviously, that wasn't the case for people who bought tickets for NYC, Boston, etc.

As for your member number, it depends. If you buy something a bit closer to your billing address, you could get a bit of a boost, but it's always hard to tell. If you buy tickets for Cincinnati on a Monday night, you'll probably be better than if you bought tickets for NYC on a Friday or Saturday night.

Another thing to remember: Say your member number is 400,001. The number you SEE never changes, however as people drop out of the club, your "real" number could go down. While your number could be 400,001 right now, a few years from now, it could "really" be something more like 350,058. (Obviously, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but you get the idea.)

Again, thank you for your time and help. I guess if I get tickets period, I should just be a happy son of a bitch and enjoy the show! :lol:

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    Hey Fans,

Following ppl around to their seats to make sure pregnant chicks are poundin brews. Enjoy :D
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    Hello :wave: And welcome!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • mavi wrote:
    Hello :wave: And welcome!

Hello to you to and thank you. I should have joined a long time ago. I didn't realize the perks or how awesome PJ is live, but at least I'm here now. I'm excited to catch some shows and meet other 10c folks!! :!: :!: :D

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest