A Thank You to My Favorite Band

benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Dear Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt, Boom,

Tonight was my tenth show - and it was special in a way I never could have anticipated. The way you fed off of the energy in the crowd was surreal, and it was a privilege to provide some of that energy. You guys made the garden shake, my ears hurt, my knees weak, my energy drain - you also BLEW MY FUCKING MIND!

Those of us who were there tonight will clearly acknowledge that there was something magical in that building tonight, and it was known to the band, and the crowd.

A big thanks to everyone in the crowd who jumped along too, and sang along, screamed along, lost your fucking voices, to make this what it was. It was a complete honor to be in that room, seeing this show transpire with great people around me - and great talent on stage.

Good job everyone - we made the place shake.

Ben
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Amen
  • veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
    I couldn't agree more. You guys are the best band ever. I love you all. And thank you for reading my letter Eddie and for playing the song tonight that I requested- "Black Red Yellow". You all are amazing.
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    And thank you guys too for bringing out Ben and playing a nice f'ing version of Hunger Strike.
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I really don't think any other band could make a night like tonight possible.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Beautifully said.

Life is better with Pearl Jam. THANK YOU!