NYC: Having a good time!

kingboleteskingboletes Posts: 57
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I sold my tickets for tonight's show at the Garden to a scalper for $500 a piece. They were on the floor, about mid way back, so they really weren't all that great. New York has really been getting on my nerves as of late; my last trip to MSG was riddled with rude fans and annoying sing alongs. I was hoping things would change this go round, but they haven't. Taking into consideration my buddy and I are now sitting in a bar a few blocks away, hitting it off with a couple lovely ladies, I think I came out on top.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FeintFeint Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    I think you're stupid. Supporting scalpers and missing out on a great show.
    Post edited by Feint on
    Pearl Jam - Boston 5/17/10, Worcester 10/15/13, Worcester 10/16/13, Hartford 10/25/13
    EV Solo - Boston 6/16/11, Hartford 6/18/11
    Tres Mts. Boston 3/17/11, RNDM Boston 11/7/12
  • kingboleteskingboletes Posts: 57
    You don't even know me. Why am I stupid?
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    you must be really hitting it off with the ladies if you're on here posting about scalping tickets
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
  • I think your an ass. Any seat at a Pearl Jam concert rocks! You obviously aren't much of a fan and I hope they revoke your membership for scalping those tickets. Many Ten Club members were unable to procure tickets to the MSG shows...and you threw yours away for a lousy grand and a night at the bar...WTF!?
    Are you guys serious? Have you ever been around NY pearl jams? They are the worst. Singing along to every song. Smoking cigarettes. Yammering loudly about family bar-b-ques? Makes for the worst concert experience ever. I was hoping the crap I had to put up with during my last trip to NYC was a one time occurance. Last night pretty much proved things have changed, and probably never will.
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    you're an idiot
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I love this thread!!! :lol: Go ladies man go!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    Hey guys,

I sold my tickets for tonight's show at the Garden to a scalper for $500 a piece. They were on the floor, about mid way back, so they really weren't all that great. New York has really been getting on my nerves as of late; my last trip to MSG was riddled with rude fans and annoying sing alongs. I was hoping things would change this go round, but they haven't. Taking into consideration my buddy and I are now sitting in a bar a few blocks away, hitting it off with a couple lovely ladies, I think I came out on top.

What do you guys think?

i think you are about to have your membership revoked -
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    Are you guys serious? Have you ever been around NY pearl jams? They are the worst. Singing along to every song. Smoking cigarettes. Yammering loudly about family bar-b-ques? Makes for the worst concert experience ever. I was hoping the crap I had to put up with during my last trip to NYC was a one time occurance. Last night pretty much proved things have changed, and probably never will.

are you serious..are you even a fan??..umm what are you suppose to do at a show not sing to every song????

if you are a fan hell yeah your singing every single word,groan,growl every peep

im not to keen on the smoking that goes on but there just enjoy show 99 percent of them yes theres a few people in every venue no matter what state or city that are there and your like why do they even bother but that barely a noticeable amount

you need to really look at your self in the mirror and ask if you are a fan of this band cause even if those things you mentioned were actually issues that would not stop any true fan that has tix from going and causing them to sell them to the scum that is scalpers
  • ScottandPearlJamScottandPearlJam Posts: 1,126
    I am sure he is lying trying to get attention. We all know that he went to the show and now hes bored posting in his hotel room.
    And if not then lets hope he just paid 500 to get some kind of std.......but my money is on that he is bullshitting....he went even he can't deny the power of PEARL JAM

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Hm. If I were you, I would go see the band in Newark next time... I hear the crowds are so silent, you'll have no competition when trying to hear the band! Seattle also works. As for cigarettes... I could've sworn even Eddie smokes at these shows, and while that's not an endorsement, I would say it's a suggestion that if you want to avoid cigarette smoke - stay at home. I heard nothing about family barbecues - all I heard was myself and all my extended family (20,000 awesome singers) doing their parts to make sure this sing along - which I'd say most of us here LOVE - did in fact happen! I'm sorry you don't understand or appreciate the sing alongs, and I'm sorry the cigarette smokers ruined your night. That said, maybe you ought to do New York a favor and stay away.. there are plenty of people (some of them even smoke cigarettes) who would love to have your seats, and will sing until their throats are sore. Clearly these tickets are wasted on you, as this isn't what you're looking for.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    Look at your membership.

Now wave goodbye.

:wave:
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
    benjs wrote:
    Hm. If I were you, I would go see the band in Newark next time... I hear the crowds are so silent, you'll have no competition when trying to hear the band! Seattle also works. As for cigarettes... I could've sworn even Eddie smokes at these shows, and while that's not an endorsement, I would say it's a suggestion that if you want to avoid cigarette smoke - stay at home. I heard nothing about family barbecues - all I heard was myself and all my extended family (20,000 awesome singers) doing their parts to make sure this sing along - which I'd say most of us here LOVE - did in fact happen! I'm sorry you don't understand or appreciate the sing alongs, and I'm sorry the cigarette smokers ruined your night. That said, maybe you ought to do New York a favor and stay away.. there are plenty of people (some of them even smoke cigarettes) who would love to have your seats, and will sing until their throats are sore. Clearly these tickets are wasted on you, as this isn't what you're looking for.

i still don't understand all the complaining about newark. i had so much fun in newark... they played so many songs i've never heard live and they all sounded so good. i don't think i thought twice about the crowd until i read about it here later - i was too busy watching the stage...

and this guy- i doubt he was there. everyone that was there is way too happy to write something like this right now... i'm guessing he wanted to go but couldn't get tickets
    iamloco724 wrote:

im not to keen on the smoking that goes on but there just enjoy show 99 percent of them yes theres a few people in every venue no matter what state or city that are there and your like why do they even bother but that barely a noticeable amount

you need to really look at your self in the mirror and ask if you are a fan of this band cause even if those things you mentioned were actually issues that would not stop any true fan that has tix from going and causing them to sell them to the scum that is scalpers

Do you have brain damage?
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    iamloco724 wrote:

Do you have brain damage?

im not the one that sold my pj tix because i didnt want to hear people singing the songs of the band they came to see
    WM31482 wrote:
    all I heard was myself and all my extended family (20,000 awesome singers) doing their parts to make sure this sing along - which I'd say most of us here LOVE - did in fact happen!

I go to concerts to hear the band play music, not the crowd sing.
    edited May 2010
    how do you know how much we are singing before you get there?
    Post edited by WM31482 on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    Check for Adams apples my friend ;)
    WM31482 wrote:
    i doubt he was there. everyone that was there is way too happy to write something like this right now... i'm guessing he wanted to go but couldn't get tickets
    I
    I wasn't at the show. I sold my tickets hours ago. Thought that was already established...

That being said, we are back at the Mandrian Oriental on Columbus circle, and you're not going to believe what just happened. As the four of us entered the hotel and went to the seventh floor lobby to retrieve a lost room key, thank god the man at the desk took his merry time... cause in walked Mike and Boom. As we approached Mike and Boom to tell them how great their performance was on Thursday and what kind of experience we had at the show, security intervened and said they had to go....but Mike being the nice guy he is wanted to hear the rest of our experience... so I explained the smoking and the excessive talking and he 100% agreed and told me that he quit smoking and thought that the Garden was a non smoking venue and that the cigarettes were also bothering him. So the bodyguard basically left us with Mike and went to his room. Good for us as we were able to tell mike the rest of our story and how we sold our tickets and went to the bar (and in the process) met these two beautiful women. Mike sympathized with our experience and said he probably would have done the same under the same circumstances. He left us with a few guitar picks, took a photo with the 4 of us, and gave us a thumbs up....

And now is the part you will never believe....In walks Eddie with this huge bodyguard..We wave to Eddie and he comes over to shake our hands and we tell him that we think he is great....One of the girls asks Eddie if she can take a photo with him and he says "why don't we all take one together"... We take the photo and Ed tells the ladies that they are beautiful and that we are a couple of lucky guys...off walks Ed.....

What a great night! :D
    Okay now you're starting to scare me...
  • Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    Are you guys serious? Have you ever been around NY pearl jams? They are the worst. Singing along to every song. Smoking cigarettes. Yammering loudly about family bar-b-ques? Makes for the worst concert experience ever.

I agree with all of this, but still think you should lose your membership for scalping Ten Club tickets.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has this guy ever been to a PJ show before? Thats all I saw when i went over the pond in 08.

Only 500 bucks too? I mean at least if you were gonna sell to a tout make some decent money off them.

You missed a very fine set list but i doubt you care if you have the ability to sell PJ tickets to touts.
  • jerrylovesjamjerrylovesjam Posts: 132
    Post that picture and then maybe someone may believe your story. I would think Mike would laugh in your face about the place being non-smoking. All venues are non-smoking now a days, but people still do and so does Eddie. And I don't think they would of appreciated you selling your ticket above face either. They don't like scalpers.
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    try to sell here in Europe show your tix 1 dollar more than face value and u will meet Greek hospitality....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ActionJackActionJack Posts: 137
    edited May 2010
    funny im willing to bet mike wouldnt feel the same way if you didnt conveniently leave out the amount you sold the tickets for
    Post edited by ActionJack on

I enjoy skinny-skiing, going to bullfights on acid...

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i can understand how a $1,000 seemed like a deal at the time, but you were short changed.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mavi wrote:
    Look at your membership.

Now wave goodbye.

:wave:

+1 i like u , your funny.
  • Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    edited May 2010
    ... I don't think they would of appreciated you selling your ticket above face either.

Plus it's against the Ten Club Rules. Revoke his membership is what I say.
    But then again, I completely doubt his story is true.
    Post edited by Biggest Wave on
    Back in town after an amazing trip... even though I was only able to see one of 2 shows.

Good times. :D
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    ur screen name is a fungus right???

Back in town after an amazing trip... even though I was only able to see one of 2 shows.

Good times. :D