Okay, so I'm an asshole

HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Have a, have a drink, drink...Have a, have a drink, drink

Grievance.

I've listened to this gem for 10 years as a self-proclaimed PJ officianado and "best fan ever". Even with the internet at my fingertips since well before Binaural came out, I just read that the above are the lyrics in the song.

What's embarrassing is I've been singing "and the Hammer drink drink and the Hammer drink drink all this time.

What a fuck I am.

It's no MM fuck up like rock and roll all night and part of everyday but it does qualify me as an asshole.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you out there. No, I don't have anything living under my roof that isn't allowed to.....for now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i understand your pain.
    i don't hear well and stuff.
    i misunderstand songs constantly or have no idea what's being sung or puked.
    i can't think of any one specific song @ the moment but when i do i'll post it with the song's link and my version of lyrics..
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    I sing my own words all the time. It's fun. Sometimes I'll read the words and say "that's what he says"? Then it's like a brand new song. :D
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    No Mexican donkey parties for you for at least one month! You're grounded, Hammer.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to think Black was "I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star...."

But I went on to learn that Ed says "I know someday you'll have a beautiful wife and she'll go on to have your children and destroy any and everything remotely good that you could have had in your life"

You have to listen very closely with Bose headphones.
    eyedclaar wrote:
    No Mexican donkey parties for you for at least one month! You're grounded, Hammer.

I just killed a yellowjacket in my living room with my fist.

Am I the most awesome motherfucker that ever lived? I would say....yes.
    I sing my own words all the time. It's fun. Sometimes I'll read the words and say "that's what he says"? Then it's like a brand new song. :D

That's exactly right ;)

You should change your username to edvedderthinkshammerisretarded
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001

That's exactly right ;)

You should change your username to edvedderthinkshammerisretarded

I'll seriously consider it ;) lol
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    First laugh of the day.....thank you!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to think Black was "I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star...."

But I went on to learn that Ed says "I know someday you'll have a beautiful wife and she'll go on to have your children and destroy any and everything remotely good that you could have had in your life"

You have to listen very closely with Bose headphones.
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,040
    Can ya tell us something we didn't already know? I mean really, this is old news!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    We know.

NEXT!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★