ISO: Pearl Jam Sigg Water Bottle

Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Anyone willing to trade their PJ Sigg bottle? I've got a few posters, all of the official bootlegs, some vinyl, x-mas singles plus some other random stuff. Please respond or PM if interested.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    anyone? anyone?
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    i will trade mine for vinyl! I'm looking for any of these:
    - Binaural
    - Benny Hall
    - Into the Wild
  • I know someone else who has one, and would probably trade for some vinyl. What do you have that you could part with? Although, I have to say, it doesn't sound like a fair trade for you.
  • turns out, the aluminum inside those things are no good when the coating wears off- really bad for you actually. you should buy a stainless steel water bottle. much better for the health. we bought stainless steel ones and put the circle pearl jam built to last vinyl stickers on em!!!
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    turns out, the aluminum inside those things are no good when the coating wears off- really bad for you actually. you should buy a stainless steel water bottle. much better for the health. we bought stainless steel ones and put the circle pearl jam built to last vinyl stickers on em!!!
    That is an excellent idea
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179
    I'll trade mine, never used, for vinyl. What do you have?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • turns out, the aluminum inside those things are no good when the coating wears off- really bad for you actually. you should buy a stainless steel water bottle. much better for the health. we bought stainless steel ones and put the circle pearl jam built to last vinyl stickers on em!!!

That's what I've heard too. Some researchers say there is a link with Alzheimer's Disease. The coating all around the thread started wearing off of mine, and it wasn't going to be long before the rest went too. Wasn't really torn up about seeing it break - except for the $40 it cost me.
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    turns out, the aluminum inside those things are no good when the coating wears off- really bad for you actually. you should buy a stainless steel water bottle. much better for the health. we bought stainless steel ones and put the circle pearl jam built to last vinyl stickers on em!!!

That's what I've heard too. Some researchers say there is a link with Alzheimer's Disease. The coating all around the thread started wearing off of mine, and it wasn't going to be long before the rest went too. Wasn't really torn up about seeing it break - except for the $40 it cost me.

the company says that was the old inner lining - the new ones are OK - and aren't supposed to give you any diseases or anything. The only thing i dont like about SIGGs are that they are such a pain to clean, unless you like skanky bottles...oh and i have never heard them claim their bottles are recyclable, but they are made from recycled goods.

you should try contacting the company about the one that looks like it exploded - dont they have some sort of guarantee on their bottles?
  • Elzar wrote:

the company says that was the old inner lining - the new ones are OK - and aren't supposed to give you any diseases or anything. The only thing i dont like about SIGGs are that they are such a pain to clean, unless you like skanky bottles...oh and i have never heard them claim their bottles are recyclable, but they are made from recycled goods.

you should try contacting the company about the one that looks like it exploded - dont they have some sort of guarantee on their bottles?

The liner on mine was definitely peeling off. Every time I took the lid off/put it on, it would strip the thread. As far as the burst bottle, they don't refund for freezing. It was my own fault for leaving it out in the cold. Like I said though, I'm not really torn up about it anyway.