Even with my 10 club membership....

Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
edited May 2010 in The Porch
some of the best shows I have seen might have been shows where I was out in the lawn at an outdoor venue with a bunch of friends. Don't get me wrong I ended up with 12 row seats in Boston this year and loved it as well as 3rd row in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2005. But, to me I dont need the awesome seats to have a good time at a show. There was one time I believe (i could be wrong) that there was a mess up with the 10 club tickets to a show in mansfield, ma because a friend of mine who joined a few years before me was a full section in front of me and I was about 10 rows from the back of the pavilion, but all in all it didnt bother me. I still got to witness one of the best rock and roll bands of all time and def the best rock and roll band of my generation. What do other people think about this? Do you need to have that great seat up front with the 10 club (yes i know it does help espcially if you are traveling a great distance) or if there was no ten club and it was first come first serve would you just be happy to be at the show I know I would.
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    The seat location makes a difference, but I think the biggest advantage to having 10c tickets is the fact that you are usually surrounded by fellow diehards.

I don't mind being far away from the band, but I do notice the difference when I'm stuck around "commoners"
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    UpSideDown wrote:
    The seat location makes a difference, but I think the biggest advantage to having 10c tickets is the fact that you are usually surrounded by fellow diehards.

I don't mind being far away from the band, but I do notice the difference when I'm stuck around "commoners"

I agree 100%. Sitting within the 10 Club, you get people singing along to every word of every song whether it's Alive or Sleight of Hand or Dirty Frank or whatever. Out in the regular seats, they get excited about Alive, but not nearly as excited about the other stuff. I sat in the lawn in Indy and defintley noticed the difference.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

I agree 100%. Sitting within the 10 Club, you get people singing along to every word of every song whether it's Alive or Sleight of Hand or Dirty Frank or whatever. Out in the regular seats, they get excited about Alive, but not nearly as excited about the other stuff. I sat in the lawn in Indy and defintley noticed the difference.

Now that you guys have put it that way I too would have to agree. While around all the 10 clubbers you have energy and devotion to every song. Wheter its dancing or singing the lyrics to every song not just the hit songs. As I noticed at the Hartford & Boston shows this year now that Pearl Jam has sense an extensive catalog of tracks the only hits that Pearl Jam actually repeated at both of these shows were Evenflow & Alive, I believe. Honestly I never mind hearing either one as I am a Mike McCready fan and love to watch him play the guitar.

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    I can go either way.....while the better seats (typically) with 10C are good, if you go with a group of people, it's nice to all see the show together, which you can't do with 10C tickets.
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    I can go either way.....while the better seats (typically) with 10C are good, if you go with a group of people, it's nice to all see the show together, which you can't do with 10C tickets.

I agree with you to as the 10club seats are great and you are among fellow fans that enjoy the music as much as you, some of my favorite concert expereinces have been with many friends just hanging out in the lawn all day after spending some time tailgaiting in the parking lot. Although in mansfield, Ma and pretty much any where in MA you really cant tailgate anymore unless you are at Gillette Staduim but they don't host many shows there.

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Agreed, one of the most memorable shows for me was the Ice Bowl in 2000 at Alpine. I had lawn seats and was way up at the top of the hill, but I had a great time with my friends. Then the next day I was indoors on the floor with 10C seats, both were incredibly amazing nights for their own reasons.