Light Years

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I woke up today with these words repeating in my head....

With heavy breath... awakened regrets...back pages and days alone that could have been spent together... but we were miles apart...every inch between us becomes light years now...

Now I will be singing this song all day...and I'm going to be sad!!!!!! :roll: :| :?

play Gonna See My Friend for god's sake... :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    These words are in my head too

This is a top 10 song...I freaking love the outtro from Camden 08. youtube that shit. they played it extra well bc it was dedicated to Tim Russert.
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    Davidtrios wrote:
    These words are in my head too

This is a top 10 song...I freaking love the outtro from Camden 08. youtube that shit. they played it extra well bc it was dedicated to Tim Russert.

Davidtrios wrote:

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-lzxeuaVA

yes...I was there for that...it was beautiful.... :)
  • only seen this twice. columbus 2000 and buffalo 2010. one of the greats!
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • wozza77wozza77 Posts: 300
    My 2nd faourite pj tune.

Listen to the O2 London 2009 version too as it was dedicated to Jeff Johnson
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I really hope they play this tonight.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    it really is a lovely song...but I've decided...I am NOT going to be sad today!!! I am going to the beach instead...if they play it tonight enjoy! I will be watching the night unfold in front of my computer...be safe! :)
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    what a song...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I really hope they play it in Berlin. It's my PJ song for my Dad :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    One of my favorite songs ever, by anyone. Pure poetry. I'm still hoping to catch this one live. 13 shows and no luck. But regardless, it'll always be one of my favorite songs. So damn beautiful.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    I woke up today with these words repeating in my head....

With heavy breath... awakened regrets...back pages and days alone that could have been spent together... but we were miles apart...every inch between us becomes light years now...

Now I will be singing this song all day...and I'm going to be sad!!!!!! :roll: :| :?

play Gonna See My Friend for god's sake... :)

that was me yesterday lol
    stuck in my head all day with this song
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I really hope they play it in Berlin. It's my PJ song for my Dad :)

...mine for my Grandad
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.