Options

Missing Vedder/McCready T-Shirts?

NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
edited May 2008 in The Porch
So, I went over to Cafe Press to order one of the Vedder/McCready campaign t-shirts I saw there a few days ago and low and behold they are no where to be found.

Was this another result of the censor police?
Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
A world begins where the road ends.
Watch me leave it all behind.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    NC_Irie wrote:
    So, I went over to Cafe Press to order one of the Vedder/McCready campaign t-shirts I saw there a few days ago and low and behold they are no where to be found.

Mine and my wife's Vedder/McCready '08 shirts came in the mail yesterday!! They are sweet.

I've noticed that things come and go on that site. There was one that said "Love, Peace & PJ"....and now I can't find it on there. I think it's the site not the censor police.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    NC_Irie wrote:

Oh shit, are you kidding? They billed my credit card, and they sent me an email confirming the order, and said they would send one when they shipped, and it's been a week now, and nothing...

I'll tell you, if they went after them for using Eddie and Mike like that, I wouldn't call it censorship. To be honest, as much as I got a kick out of the shirt, I felt a little uncomfortable buying it. Eddie and Mike DO own their own names, put yourself in their place and see how you would feel if someone took liberties with your identity, and for profit. I thought they might let it slide because it's funny, but when I got to the site to order the shirt, I WAS taken aback by the amount and kind of merchandise they had it on, they stopped short at toenail clippers and maxi pads...

Now I have to see what this is about today, one more thing to make the day JUST SO MUCH FUN, YOU CAN'T STAND IT!!!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    Mine and my wife's Vedder/McCready '08 shirts came in the mail yesterday!! They are sweet.

I've noticed that things come and go on that site. There was one that said "Love, Peace & PJ"....and now I can't find it on there. I think it's the site not the censor police.

Ah, you posted while I was posting, did you receive an email when it shipped, or did they just show up??
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    MrsOakley wrote:
    Ah, you posted while I was posting, did you receive an email when it shipped, or did they just show up??
    I got an email that it was processed and I think I got one when it shipped but can't find it in my email...must have deleted it. I got the "processed" email on May 14th and we got the shirts on May 21st.
  • Options
    I got an email that it was processed and I think I got one when it shipped but can't find it in my email...must have deleted it. I got the "processed" email on May 14th and we got the shirts on May 21st.

Thanks! Doesn't look like I'm going to have the same kind of luck, but that's to be expected!!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    NC_Irie wrote:

there is a big difference between censorship and copyright protection.
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    They will take things down if you are infringing on someone's likeness/copyright, etc. Political figures are exempt pretty much though - Bush, Clinton, etc.

I believe their policies use an example of some sort saying you can't put Britney Spears picture on a tshirt and sell it - who would want to buy one of those, I don't know.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Are their names copyrighted?

What if you're talking about Tom Vedder/Andrew McCready from Des Moines, IA?

I know they're not, but still. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Sorry for not being better informed here, but what did these shirts look like?
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    My wife last month ordered two PJ shirts for me from there. She also ordered the Peace, Love and PJ for my daughter, she's three :) Anyways my daughters shirt came in the wrong size, way too big. The missus called and Cafe Press told her to keep the shirt and sent out a new one the next day. Very friendly people :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Sorry for not being better informed here, but what did these shirts look like?
    Red, White and blue circle with stars on top, strips below and "Vedder / McCready '08" in the center.

Glad I got mine and my wifes when I did. But I did want the Love, Peace & PJ one too......
  • Options
    Are their names copyrighted?

What if you're talking about Tom Vedder/Andrew McCready from Des Moines, IA?

I know they're not, but still. ;)

PBM

This is both ancient and arcane, but years ago, when knighthood was in flower, a guy whose name really was Ed Sullivan opened a deli or coffee shop or something in New York, and THE Ed Sullivan went after him, and doncha know, the guy had to change the name even though it was his real name.

Maybe the guys in Iowa ought to go after OUR boys!!

I'm also glad to hear the Cafe Press folks are nice...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    MrsOakley wrote:
    a guy whose name really was Ed Sullivan opened a deli or coffee shop or something in New York, and THE Ed Sullivan went after him, and doncha know, the guy had to change the name even though it was his real name.

That I could see because I imagine the show was copyright protected...interesting scenario...thanks for bringing it up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    MrsOakley wrote:

Good, maybe those guys will see me wearing my VEDDER / McCREADY 2008 shirt around Iowa. :)
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Those Iowa guys seemed to have missed the caucases.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09