Options

Solution for all the poster bitching.

EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Maybe the band should just stop doing posters.

All of you act like it's a right that you get this poster or that poster. It's a privilege if you're lucky to score one of these beauties(any of them). You should be grateful the band even puts the effort, money and time into doing something like this for you. Not a lot of bands care enough.

Don't get me wrong I like posters as much as the next guy but all of you make too big a deal about them.

Discuss.
{if (work != 0) {
work = work + 1;
sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
else if (work >= 0) {
reality.equals(false);
work = work +1;
}system("pause");
return 0;}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764

All of you act like it's a right that you get this poster or that poster. It's a privilege if you're lucky to score one of these beauties(any of them). You should be grateful the band even puts the effort, money and time into doing something like this for you. Not a lot of bands care enough.

Don't get me wrong I like posters as much as the next guy but all of you make too big a deal about them.

Discuss.
    It wouldn't drive me crazy if they did; I love the posters, but they are now unaffordable for me and a lot of us. $60 to have one shipped from the source? Crazy. However, this would make those already made go up even worse. I just think they should make more available. Most of us want the art and a token to remember the show, not to get ripped off.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    It wouldn't drive me crazy if they did; I love the posters, but they are now unaffordable for me and a lot of us. $60 to have one shipped from the source? Crazy. However, this would make those already made go up even worse. I just think they should make more available. Most of us want the art and a token to remember the show, not to get ripped off.

oh i fully agree just it's not how a lot people around here think.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    you figure if i sell my collection it'd pay for west palm beach and a hockey jesus backpack?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    you figure if i sell my collection it'd pay for west palm beach and a hockey jesus backpack?

easily ....
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    we're all a bunch of spoiled brats. pearl jam and the 10c does waaaaaaaaay too much for us. a lot of people take everything they do for granted. THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR TOLERATING US!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Just face it. Pearl Jam has the bitchiest fans, and it's never gonna change : )
  • Options
    If they stopped doing things because of people bitching, we'd never have shows again. Or a band.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Did someone REALLy start a thread Bitching about people Bitching????

Seem to get one everytime something everyone wants goes on sale ;)
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Discuss.
    I've got a better solution...
    How about we quit listening to the people who complain? I think it is just as childish to punish the populous because of the percieved poor behaviour of some.
    I mean... really... some guy complains... so what? Does complaining about his complaining solve anything? Really?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I've got a better solution...
    How about we quit listening to the people who complain? I think it is just as childish to punish the populous because of the percieved poor behaviour of some.
    I mean... really... some guy complains... so what? Does complaining about his complaining solve anything? Really?

well no i juts wanted to throw the idea out there that maybe if they did a tour with no posters people would appreciate it a lot more if they were to come back at some point, its not a thread bitching about the bitching, i knew it was gonna get perceived as such, its about having a hypothetical discussion about whether the people who do complain would be a little more grateful if something they took for granted was gone for a while.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}