Question regarding alternate endings to Black

Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I can't remember if I was at a Pearl Jam concert or listening to a bootleg but at the end of "Black" the band extended it out and eddie sang some lyrics, I honestly don't remember what they were but its my undserstanding that eddie doesn't always sing these lyrics at the end of Black I guess its kinda only when hes feeling it. Are there many different alternate lyrics that eddie sings at the end of Black or would it be these specific lyrics??? I know this is a very vague post but I can remember the lyrics being quite emotional to Eddie (most of his stuff is very emotional anyways) I dont even have a date to which concert it was even at that I heard this alternate ending. If someone out there might have any idea what I am talking about that would be great if you knew what the tags name was or if its just additional lyrics that eddie just likes to sing very rarely as i have heard it on a couple of bootlegs since they original time I heard it. Anybody hardcore fans have any idea as to what i may be refering to???
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    greatest show ever, hot-lanta.....we belong together
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    are you talking about when hes sings the lyrics "we belong together" ?
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Maybe the "We... We belong..We belong together... Together!" ending. Try the MTV Unplugged performance as it was both live and a studio quality recording.

Go here (http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA%3D%3D=ZZ9ulJRkbXBpYZFrYJdpWYebroSJZPLUS0aubkVl%2FimCGjrZ1hl2vuYlUjKWkza2azZidYg%3D%3D&ext.html), click on the play icon next to Black, and drag the slider bar over to 4:15 to pick up the end of the song.

Hope that's it.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    are you talking about when hes sings the lyrics "we belong together" ?

YES this is what I was looking for thank you. So no that the tag at the end is out of the way. Is that just added lyrics eddie throws on at the end occasionally or does it come from another song???? This might warrant another thread IDK but what are some of the performances of black along with we belong together that just seem to blow the top off the song when eddie sings it at the end of black???? Looking for a great version of it to add to a cd I am making for a friend. Black is her favorite Pearl Jam track but shes never heard this version. Shes never even seen them live yet. I guess i will have to take her to the next show i go to. She would probably orgasm just from the view of the stage with my fan club seats.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

• Doesn't he once in a while say "we didn't belong together"? I think he did that in Columbus this year.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Do do do do do do do..................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    Correct it is just added lyrics. and no problem :D
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2