Floyd Landis

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Wow..what a fraud and try to throw Armstrong under the bus !

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news;_ylt=Ap ... dis-doping

Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong

NEW YORK (AP)—The Wall Street Journal is reporting that disgraced American cyclist Floyd Landis has admitted to systematic use of performance-enhancing drugs and accused seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong of involvement in doping.

The paper says Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title for doping, sent a series of e-mails to cycling officials and sponsors detailing his use of banned drugs.

Landis also admitted to doping in an interview with ESPN.com.

Pat McQuaid, the head of cycling’s world governing body UCI, questions Landis’ credibility. McQuaid tells The Associated Press that Landis is “seeking revenge” and holds a “grudge” against Armstrong and others.

McQuaid says Armstrong has been accused of doping many times but nothing has ever been proven.
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    You know, that just bugs the hell out of me. Same with steriods in baseball. WTF?

I mean, I've done my share of "doping" so to speak, but I'm not competing against people claiming to be this great athlete
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Not to mention didn't Landis write a book also saying how innocent he was ?

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i know lance has built a great image of himself ... but i am convinced he doped for the simple reason that he dominated a sport where EVERYONE doped ... i would say i'm a casual fan of cycling and the one thing i know from watching the TDF every year is that every cyclist has a bad day on the tour ... for 6 straight years he didn't have one ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i know lance has built a great image of himself ... but i am convinced he doped for the simple reason that he dominated a sport where EVERYONE doped ... i would say i'm a casual fan of cycling and the one thing i know from watching the TDF every year is that every cyclist has a bad day on the tour ... for 6 straight years he didn't have one ...

I hear ya but he never tested positive

For this dude to say something because he was caught is slimey

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    edited May 2010
    Landis is dirty, he is also not as good at cheating as Lance either. ;)

Floyd Landis = Jose Canseco

Lance Armstrong = Barry Bonds
    Post edited by South of Seattle on
    NERDS!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I hear ya but he never tested positive

For this dude to say something because he was caught is slimey

for sure ... the guy has zero cred but it doesn't mean he is lying ... i knew landis doped back then because the guy cracked horribly one day and then the next rode like he was on a motorcycle ... and that's how i'm pretty sure lance doped ...

having said all that - i do believe everyone doped back then ... these days - still a majority of cyclists dope but there are definitely more clean riders than a decade ago ...
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Yeah- he swore to God he was innocent.
    Guy doesn't really have a track record for honesty...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:
    Yeah- he swore to God he was innocent.
    Guy doesn't really have a track record for honesty...
    Jose Canseco didn't have cred either. Just sayin' since pretty much everything he said has turned out to be true.
    NERDS!
    Jose Canseco didn't have cred either. Just sayin' since pretty much everything he said has turned out to be true.

Ah yes, Jose Canseco- a bastion of truth and honesty
    http://blog.mlive.com/cutoffman/2008/01/jose_canseco_allegedly_tries_t.html

I see what you are getting at though, and I agree. Landis may be telling the truth about Armstrong. But he's still a liar and a slug in my opinion. To be honest, I'm so steroid-ed out with all of these sports that I have to assume that everyone was using them. Even worse, I don't even care anymore.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:

Ah yes, Jose Canseco- a bastion of truth and honesty

I see what you are getting at though, and I agree. Landis may be telling the truth about Armstrong. But he's still a liar and a slug in my opinion. To be honest, I'm so steroid-ed out with all of these sports that I have to assume that everyone was using them. Even worse, I don't even care anymore.

I agree with what you're saying. I don't care anymore either. I love sports and follow almost everything, but everyone cheats in some way shape or form. This has been going on since the beginning of sport. I just want to see a competitive game.

Baseball is Roided out and so is Football.
    Basketball has the worst officials of any sport

It's hard to "like" sports, but I still "love" them.
    NERDS!

I know. The whole "Steroid Era" not only tainted baseball, but it kind of cheapened the game for me. And it makes it that much more difficult to be impressed by guys like Albert Pujols, who I honestly believe is clean. A big part of professional athletics was being able to be amazed by some of these players, now, whenever anyone does something great, my first instinct isn't to be impressed, it's to be suspicious. Sports shouldn't have to include that kind of skepticism.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Isn't he that Amish dude?
    He should just stick to being a cult guy and leave Armstrong alone.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Mennonite.
    They are a bit different from the Amish.
    milarso wrote:

I know. The whole "Steroid Era" not only tainted baseball, but it kind of cheapened the game for me. And it makes it that much more difficult to be impressed by guys like Albert Pujols, who I honestly believe is clean. A big part of professional athletics was being able to be amazed by some of these players, now, whenever anyone does something great, my first instinct isn't to be impressed, it's to be suspicious. Sports shouldn't have to include that kind of skepticism.

Yeah I dont even consider stats anymore

With the smaller ball parks..juiced players and baseballs it's kind of meaningless

I realize each decade had its cheating but come on..the game today is so different

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    TOUR DE DOPE
    www.myspace.com
    Landis is dirty, he is also not as good at cheating as Lance either. ;)

Floyd Landis = Jose Canseco

Lance Armstrong = Barry Bonds

excellent comparison.

the only difference is people like armstrong so his image is so much nicer than bonds'.
    www.myspace.com
  • riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    He should just stick to being a cult guy and leave Armstrong alone.

Amen! I was just thinking it was time for Landis to go back to Lancaster County and build barns with wooden pegs.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973

the only difference is people like armstrong so his image is so much nicer than bonds'.

...and the problem is, people stand by while the govt wastes untold millions over 7 years (and counting), so they can "get" BB. Meanwhile, folks people and the media like (Papi, Manny, Lance, etc.) issue a phony apology (or denial) and go on with life.

HGH - legal for you or me but banned in baseball??? :wtf: :wtf: just legalize the shit, already!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    is it just a coincidence that Dara Torres, Tiger and A-rod have all been linked to Dr. Galea??

All the money in the world, and they choose a guy who's not even licensed to practice in the US??? I wish people would quit decreeing who's dirty, who's clean and who's a slimey snitch. :wtf: :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    is it just a coincidence that Dara Torres, Tiger and A-rod have all been linked to Dr. Galea??

All the money in the world, and they choose a guy who's not even licensed to practice in the US??? I wish people would quit decreeing who's dirty, who's clean and who's a slimey snitch. :wtf: :wtf:
    http://www.athleticwomen.com/blog/uploa ... torres.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I'll believe Lance before I'll believe anything Floyd has to say at this point. Just bring forth some evidence and Floyd will be in good graces. :mrgreen:
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Some points I would like to make...

1. Is steroids not linked to some cancers, so being a cancer survivor would that not create an unnecessary risk for Lance, unless roids caused his cancer which he had before he won 7 tdf.

2. He was at one time the most drug tested athlete in the world, testing him randomly and at all times of the year and hours, yet never tested positive. He was either very lucky or had inside knowledge of when these test would take place.

3. Every once in a while an athlete comes along who defies logic and is just that much better at his/her sport than anyone else, Jordon-basketball, Gretzky-Hockey, Pelee-Soccer, Barry Sanders-Football, Phelps-Swimming, Lindsay Vonn-Skiing.

Everything I've read about Lance said he trained harder than anyone else on the tour, so until there is concrete proof that he cheated I think he deserves the right to be considered an elite athlete.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    the french press were after armstrong for years for dping, but they never got him.
    read his books ,ad he mentions all of the testing, both in and out of competition, but still clean.

Innocent until proven guilty.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    lukin2006 wrote:

1. Is steroids not linked to some cancers, so being a cancer survivor would that not create an unnecessary risk for Lance, unless roids caused his cancer which he had before he won 7 tdf.

2. He was at one time the most drug tested athlete in the world, testing him randomly and at all times of the year and hours, yet never tested positive. He was either very lucky or had inside knowledge of when these test would take place.

3. Every once in a while an athlete comes along who defies logic and is just that much better at his/her sport than anyone else, Jordon-basketball, Gretzky-Hockey, Pelee-Soccer, Barry Sanders-Football, Phelps-Swimming, Lindsay Vonn-Skiing.

Everything I've read about Lance said he trained harder than anyone else on the tour, so until there is concrete proof that he cheated I think he deserves the right to be considered an elite athlete.

goodpost.gif

I've read his books and man i could never in a million years ever come close to the amount of training Lance goes through. I'm a cyclist myself and it was either Bicycling mag Outdoor mag did some research on why Lance had some advantages in winning the TDF better than anyone else.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

One of my favorite Lance moments of TDF

http://video.bicycling.com/video/The-Lo ... -Armstrong

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    g under p wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

goodpost.gif

I've read his books and man i could never in a million years ever come close to the amount of training Lance goes through. I'm a cyclist myself and it was either Bicycling mag Outdoor mag did some research on why Lance had some advantages in winning the TDF better than anyone else.

Peace

You also have to have a good team to win the tour and Armstrong's team was always stronger. I also read that they you to go over the course before each tour and plot strategy, I just believe that he was the best cyclist of all time.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

goodpost.gif

Peace

You also have to have a good team to win the tour and Armstrong's team was always stronger. I also read that they you to go over the course before each tour and plot strategy, I just believe that he was the best cyclist of all time.

Another advantage Lance's team had was they focused and geared everything all year after each tour on the NEXT tour. Lance's team didn't have to worry about riding in the Giro D Italia or the Vuelta a España. ALL plans were focused each year on the Tour De France. Good point about always having the superior team who protected Lance in the Mountains or just for when other teams would attack and brought them back to the peloton .
    Peace