Options

Stand Up 2 Cancer - EV related

mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I went to a movie last night and during the previews, there was an ad for a program called stand up 2 cancer. In the commercial, Ed's version of "Rise Up" was playing...there were a lot of stars and athletes in the commercial. It was a very moving commercial and the song was used perfectly. At the end, it mentioned a TV event on 9/5/08 at 8pm ET/PT on the 3 major networks...there is more info at :
http://www.standup2cancer.org

Not sure if Ed will be involved in the show, but it is pretty cool that they used his song in the commercial!
I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    saw it yesterday before the previews for the dark knight. awesome movie by the way. damn, really cant go wrong with chris nolan.....
  • Options
    angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    I saw it on tv the other day~ very cool! Gave me chills~ proud to hear and see Eddie's apprieciated.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I saw it the other night as well, right before Dark Knight! I was happy to hear the song being used so perfectly.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    this spot was first shown on the today show about a month ago.
    all 3 network anchors were there to announce they were doing the special broadcast. it was actually pretty funny as it was katie's first time back at the show since she went to cbs. she tried to take over the show and matt gave her some shit. it was funny.
    she stirred it up a bit with charles gibson when they were asked about the network's responsibilties and lack of accountability regarding the war in iraq.
    she said the networks did not ask the white house the tough questions and he was pretty defensive.
    the spot is very good.