Requests for 5/21 at MSG

GyroSpaceGyroSpace Posts: 1
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I doubt this will get through to the band itself, but I have to try...
I'm familiar with how the band does a different set every night and think that's great because
it makes each show "its own show." But I'm afraid that they won't play "the ones I really hope to hear." I'm a realist and I know that the band probably gets SWARMED with these types of requests, so I'll give some backstory:
I was raised on Staten Island, NY, and my first PJ show was the SECOND NIGHT at Randall's Island Park in the Bronx, September 1996. Among the NY fans, it's Legendary:it's possibly the LARGEST SET LIST they've done.I was in the Coast Guard and lived in SEATTLE for Seven years; caught one of the two Pearl Jam shows at KEY ARENA in Dec. 2002. I've since moved back to the Tri-State area, and this Friday's show will be my FIRST CONCERT at Madison Square Garden since coming back home. It's gonna be special, especially since I'd drifted "out of touch" with the PJ thing until the last year or so.So, despite being open-minded to the band playing just about anything they feel on Friday, there are TWO songs I'd LOVE to hear them do: Black, and an a really heavy song from BINAURAL, called "Nothing As It Seems." Realistically, I doubt they'd perform both of these, but I'd consider myself a very lucky New Yorker if they even played ONE of them. Again, I just started my 10C membership today, and I'm sure the band gets all sorts of attention from fans regarding their setlists on any given night, but I still think I lose nothing by trying.