***Mike McCready - Request MSG Night 1***

smirnssmirns Posts: 18
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I have been suffering from ulcerative colitis since I was 16. I owe most of musical and guitar playing inspiration to Pearl Jam, especially Mike McCready, sorry Eddie. Anyways, I have been through a lot, a near life threatening illness, toxic mega colon, and multiple corrective surgeries. Fortunately, I have been blessed by great doctors and technological advances in treating ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease. I know this request is trite but I would be ecstatic to hear Reach Down (Temple of the Dog) and or Im Above (Mad Season) night one of MSG. Mike, I want you to rock so hard that it cures my colitis, or better yet, gives me cramps! I would ask to riff with you on a solo of Rockin' In The Free World but that would be silly. Anyways, please play either Im Above or Reach Down!

I dont expect this request to happen but one can only dream.

Andrew S.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smirnssmirns Posts: 18
    In efforts to further belabor a point. I also included a piece that I wrote for my admission into NYU's MBA program. This is a joke article I wrote that I submitted for my application.

Music Junkie Turned CPA Wails…and
    Local Kids Begin Jamming

****** SATURDAY/SUNDAY, JULY 8-19, 2020 — VOL. CCLI NO. 930

Stamford, CT — Lifetime music aficionado Andrew S. has teamed up with fellow Crohns and Colitis Foundation sponsor and current Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready to form Given To Wail, a non-profit organization that provides musical instruments to inner-city school music programs. The organization has already donated $50,000 worth of rare guitars, banjos, and even glockenspiels to the Bridgeport school system. “It fulfills a lifetime dream to give the gift of music to this community,” says Andrew, who since completing his MBA and pursuing a career in public accounting has left his mark as a prominent Fairfield County tax practitioner. Andrew has given back to the community before, most notably at the University of Connecticut, where he led a youth campaign that raised over $10,000 for the victims of 2004’s Indonesian Tsunami. But Given to Wail represents the first time he has been able to combine his twin loves, music and philanthropy.

As an adolescent Andrew suffered from Ulcerative Colitis and, when out of the hospital, spent most of
    his summers working with youths who suffered from similar conditions, mainly through projects sponsored by the Crohns and Colitis Foundation.

In addition to being one of our region’s leading philanthropists, Andrew has played guitar since his 1995 Bar Mitzvah. Today, he credits his passion for music with saving him from despair during the darkest days of his illness. “My lack of a functioning colon kept the girls away, but at least I always had my guitar,” he remembers. And now he’s thrilled to team up with Given to Wail co-sponsor McCready to help revitalize Bridgeport’s school music programs. McCready also suffers from Crohns disease, which is similar to Andrew’s Colitis. “Having the opportunity to work with Mike has been phenomenal,” he gushes. “The size of the guy’s heart is matched only by the size of his enlarged colon.”
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ed would sound great on I'm above! Sorry to hear about your illness friend :(
    Thank you!

I see that my post fell on deaf ears! Oh well!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    smirns wrote:
    Thank you!

I see that my post fell on deaf ears! Oh well!

why do you say that? Msg isnt til tomorrow :lol:
    This is true. If Mike read the post I am sure he is glistening at the chance to play Im Above. Hey, I would be too!
  • mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    For purely selfish reasons I think you should request Say Hello 2 Heaven instead :mrgreen:
    mrpink90 wrote:
    For purely selfish reasons I think you should request Say Hello 2 Heaven instead :mrgreen:

I could be selfless and request Hunger Strike, stipulating that Chris Cornell join them. I think we all would like that!
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    Be at the show early, he might do a pre-set!
    Oh I will be at the show early to see the Black Keys! They are my favorite too. This is a dream concert for me.
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Hope you get your requests
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
    PJ should be playing more Mad Season songs IMO!
    I also requested that the Black Keys play "My City Was Gone" by the Pretenders... I hope someone on the board gets the reference!