Lighting/electricity consumption

LauriLauri Posts: 748
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I think it was the Herald review this morning that said Pearl Jam has been using the same light show since 1995. I wonder if they meant they are using the same lights as well? I think some bands are using high efficiency LED lighting for their live shows. I wonder if Pearl Jam has thought about this at all? I think in the past they have purchased carbon offsets for their tours, but I don't know if that was only for transportation or if it included electricity consumption as well. Anyone know if there is any info out there about Pearl Jam's internal energy policies?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lauri wrote:
    I think it was the Herald review this morning that said Pearl Jam has been using the same light show since 1995. I wonder if they meant they are using the same lights as well? I think some bands are using high efficiency LED lighting for their live shows. I wonder if Pearl Jam has thought about this at all? I think in the past they have purchased carbon offsets for their tours, but I don't know if that was only for transportation or if it included electricity consumption as well. Anyone know if there is any info out there about Pearl Jam's internal energy policies?

There is no way they are using the same lights. They probably programmed a similar lighting show from 95 with new technology. I work with lights all the time in my theater companies, and lighting has come a long way in 15 years.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    good question op. good answer second p.

purchasing "carbon offsets" however is a distraction.

If Pearl Jam was really legit, they would roll like their friend Jack Johnson. Now HE does it right.