Gave up great seats, and am miserable

HA196717HA196717 Posts: 13
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I gave up eighth row fan club seats today because my job wouldn’t give me the night off. I’ve been to a bunch of shows, but never sat anywhere near that close. I could die right now, i drove and picked up the tix and brought them to my sister (also a fan club member), then headed to work with a pit in my stomach, really really sick to my stomach. Maybe I should have quit, but I work at a newspaper and jobs aren’t exactly easy to come by now. Now i’m going to friday’s show and sitting in the fourth tier behind the stage!!! this sucks so much, it really really does.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Hang in there. I'm listening to boots realizing how nice it is to have a job in these times.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    HA196717 wrote:
    I gave up eighth row fan club seats today because my job wouldn’t give me the night off. I’ve been to a bunch of shows, but never sat anywhere near that close. I could die right now, i drove and picked up the tix and brought them to my sister (also a fan club member), then headed to work with a pit in my stomach, really really sick to my stomach. Maybe I should have quit, but I work at a newspaper and jobs aren’t exactly easy to come by now. Now i’m going to friday’s show and sitting in the fourth tier behind the stage!!! this sucks so much, it really really does.
    You made the right move, by not quitting your job.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Thats sucks!! But listen, I truly believe in Karma and this obviously a tough sacrifice you made, so I see something good coming your way! Plus they'll be tired from last night ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    aww man that sux
    like really
    but when you get up tomorrow you will have a job still
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Me too...Went on TM today out of curiosity, and passed on side stage (Mike) row 2 for tonight .. if these tix were a little cheaper I'd been there in a heartbeat.
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Bummer dude but as previous poster said...Karma. It will pay off someday.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • HA196717 wrote:

I empathize. I have to give up my tix to Friday's show to go be in a wedding in VA. I would have bailed, but I am a jackass, so friends aren't exactly easy to come by for me. :)

My brother's best friend is taking them and one of the conditions is that he cannot tell me where the seats are, no matter what.

If it makes you feel any better, the crowd was pretty lame tonight; Friday is going to be spectacular and at least you will be there! Chin up, my friend...
    "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    think of it this way, you did a great thing for your sister so just be happy for her :D
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    cant you call in sick instead of quitting?
  • HA196717HA196717 Posts: 13
    You all are awesome. Thanks for writing and helping me feel better. And yes, my sister was really, really happy. Her seats were 10th row center stage (not eighth as I noted). She also said the crowd was a bit lame, maybe because the band sang some of their lesser-known songs. But i loved the songs and would have loved the show. To one commenter, i couldn't call in sick because i had already pleaded for, but didn't get, the day off so it would have looked really bad. On the plus side, I am still employed today as a newspaper reporter at a time when so many others have lost their jobs. peace.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    HA196717 wrote:
    You all are awesome. Thanks for writing and helping me feel better. And yes, my sister was really, really happy. Her seats were 10th row center stage (not eighth as I noted). She also said the crowd was a bit lame, maybe because the band sang some of their lesser-known songs. But i loved the songs and would have loved the show. To one commenter, i couldn't call in sick because i had already pleaded for, but didn't get, the day off so it would have looked really bad. On the plus side, I am still employed today as a newspaper reporter at a time when so many others have lost their jobs. peace.
    When you think about it....

Its just a rock concert....

Nothing more
    Nothing less

There will be more shows...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    HA196717 wrote:

This may sound immature but i would have quit for eight row :P Hell , id probably quit for 12 row.. unless its just like the best job you've ever had in your life.. (just read about the newspaper thing so that i can understand) Don't worry .. the karma will come back around to you ..
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Should of chucked a "SICKIE"... :P
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    hang in there. it won't feel so bad as time goes by.
    when i was 12 10c was going to send me limo. long story. but my 'rents said no. in 94.
    i'm almost over that.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*