Poster Tubes at Shows

Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
edited May 2010 in The Porch
so hartford was the first time i've ever gone in early enough to buy a poster, i actually didnt ever even realize they were sold at the shows - however obvious it might seem. i'm going to MSG1 and will be in early for sure to see the black keys. in hartford i noticed a lot of people with poster tubes, do they have them at the merch stands or did you all bring your own? i was able to keep my hartford poster in good shape because my girlfriend had a backpack i was able to place it in. the person who sold it to me didnt say anything along the lines of "hey want a tube for that?" and i was far too excited/drunk to think about it until i saw 100s of others with tubes.

buy or bring?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    At the show last night you could purchase a poster tube along with the poster at the merchandise stand, and I am pretty sure that has been the norm for this tour. Some shows even have the posters pre-rolled in poster tubes (i think). They tubes were an extra $2 last night.

Well worth it so you don't have to throw it in the backpack again! :D
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    jervin007 wrote:
    At the show last night you could purchase a poster tube along with the poster at the merchandise stand, and I am pretty sure that has been the norm for this tour. Some shows even have the posters pre-rolled in poster tubes (i think). They tubes were an extra $2 last night.

alright good, thanks.

i dont want to carry a tube around NYC all day. maybe they were just sold out at the stand i went to.
  • They have a limited amount for sale for around $2.50 each. I have been to some shows where they don't let you bring one in but others that have has zero problems with it. Hard to say but it wouldn't hurt to bring one if you don't mind lugging it around.
  • Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    by the way the poster from last night was awesome
  • I brought 2 tubes, eyeglasses and some twine and made a pair
    of binoculars with them.