Hartford Poster - AP for sale now

Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LC71053LC71053 Posts: 73
    Got one! Woo hoo. :D
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I may have purchased this one, how much were the APs?
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    $87 shippede and they were gone in a flash! Drat!!!! :evil:
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    $95 dollars shipped to Canada!
    adspj wrote:

They went on sale 4:40 pm EST. $75 dollars for one AP print.
    Scored mine @ 4:40:59 pm EST. Shipping to Canada was 20 bucks US.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    demetrios wrote:
    $95 dollars shipped to Canada!

Ya it's pretty steep. Favourite poster of the tour so far.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    do they do this for all the posters? and by "they" i'm not sure who i mean.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    If anyone has buyers remorse I'd take it off your hands.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bgivens33bgivens33 Posts: 290
    I scored one of the Boston ones but I'd rather have the Hartford one, if anyone wants to trade let me know.

You mean all these artists:

Ames Bros
    Brad Klausen
    EMEK
    Mark 5
    Guy Burwell
    Maxx 242
    Taka Hayashi
    Justin Hampton
    Munk One
    Jeff Soto

Who have done & still working on a few more Pearl Jam 2010 gig posters?

All these artists have official websites where they sell their own prints, A/P signed & numbered. Though I haven't seen any from Mark 5 & Maxx242 & Taka Hayashi this year & none were sold last year on the '09 Pearl Jam gig posters. Just their regular show edition's were sold @ the 10club store.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Was unlucky at Hampton Bay today... :(
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    demetrios wrote:

You mean all these artists:

Ames Bros
    Brad Klausen
    EMEK
    Mark 5
    Guy Burwell
    Maxx 242
    Taka Hayashi
    Justin Hampton
    Munk One
    Jeff Soto

Who have done & still working on a few more Pearl Jam 2010 gig posters?

All these artists have official websites where they sell their own prints, A/P signed & numbered. Though I haven't seen any from Mark 5 & Maxx242 & Taka Hayashi this year & none were sold last year on the '09 Pearl Jam gig posters. Just their regular show edition's were sold @ the 10club store.

cool! thanks for the helpful info! i am not super duper into the poster thing. i usually get one for any show i attend. though i skipped on the K.C. one this year and got a tee instead. not sure why, but i just didn't like the K.C. one. was stoked about the St.Louis one, which is limited if i remember correctly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    adspj wrote:

$75.00 + shipping
    600 Hartford Poster's were sold & completely sold out @ the show.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    demetrios wrote:

That's a pretty low run :shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yep! I wonder now how much will be sold in the 10club goods section.
    I'm still awe & shocked to see Toronto & SLC still available.
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yep, this is a mad mad world! At least all the flippers must be pissed 8-)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:
    a pretty low run :shock:

Yep, this is a mad mad world! At least all the flippers must be pissed 8-)

I think the flippers have went the way of Obey. The cheapest & ugliest kind of art this planet earth has ever seen. Though I gotta give credit to Obey. He's a smart businessman. Ever since the Obama print, he has the world underneath his fingertips. He can release now 2 prints a week with a huge run of over 450 prints, using the same 3 colors, cream, red & black @ 70 bucks a pop on prints that have no artistic detail or time like EMEK or any other artist out there & people will buy them. They sell out in seconds. It's just photo's of stars on poster. That's it! Same day it flips over @ eBay for double or triple the cost & people out there buy them. Sad sad world we live in.
    demetrios wrote:
    I think the flippers have went the way of Obey. The cheapest & ugliest kind of art this planet earth has ever seen. Though I gotta give credit to Obey. He's a smart businessman.

Well how many talentless artist there's making tons of money... who's to blame? the "artist" or the consumer?
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    I think the flippers have went the way of Obey. The cheapest & ugliest kind of art this planet earth has ever seen. Though I gotta give credit to Obey. He's a smart businessman.

Well how many talentless artist there's making tons of money... who's to blame? the "artist" or the consumer?

It's the hype & fame. Cause somebody created something big, aka Obama print & designed an element the world all over has been using for their avatars & photos, the fan's are drawn into the artist & will buy everything printed there after. Kinda sad when the world evolves around millions of beautiful colors & endless rainbows of flavor while cream, red & black stands out as the only color wanted & it's value rises.
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

It's the hype & fame. Cause somebody created something big, aka Obama print & designed an element the world all over has been using for their avatars & photos, the fan's are drawn into the artist & will buy everything printed there after. Kinda sad when the world evolves around millions of beautiful colors & endless rainbows of flavor while cream, red & black stands out as the only color wanted & it's value rises.

Obey prints are terrible for the most part but the Ali print that was sold last week is actually nice.
    Hawk123 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    arq wrote:

Obey prints are terrible for the most part but the Ali print that was sold last week is actually nice.

The photo taken by Michael Tighe, sure, it's great! http://www.expressobeans.com/visual/ind ... 436/159823 . But a blown up poster & colored in, not! There is nothing new or artistic about this print at all. It's sad art collectors buy this.

I can't wait till somebody starts re releasing all the kick ass '90's Seattle Grunge shot's day's by Charles Peterson & Lance Mercer & start scanning & blowing up their images on poster & using only 3 colors on those black/white shots & selling 500 of those prints for 80 bucks a pop. Think they will sell hot?
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Damn...missed it... :cry:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    demetrios wrote:
    Hawk123 wrote:

The photo taken by Michael Tighe, sure, it's great! http://www.expressobeans.com/visual/ind ... 436/159823 . But a blown up poster & colored in, not! There is nothing new or artistic about this print at all. It's sad art collectors buy this.

I can't wait till somebody starts re releasing all the kick ass '90's Seattle Grunge shot's day's by Charles Peterson & Lance Mercer & start scanning & blowing up their images on poster & using only 3 colors on those black/white shots & selling 500 of those prints for 80 bucks a pop. Think they will sell hot?

Good point :)
  • BraceYourSelfBraceYourSelf Posts: 814
    I'm o/2.

Hope to get one when 10C sells them.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Just got this email from Hampton. That's some customer service and an A+ move in my book!

Thanks for helping to make this one of my fastest selling and most successful sales to date! I'll get your order out to you soon. You'll recieve tracking info via email once it ships.

Very best,

Justin
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I'm not a poster expert person at all, but I was just curious as to why the posters at the concerts were $30 + $2 tube, and the posters on that website are selling for $80-$90???
    I love to turn you on
    I'm not a poster expert person at all, but I was just curious as to why the posters at the concerts were $30 + $2 tube, and the posters on that website are selling for $80-$90???

It's because these are signed & numbered by the artist who created the artwork for that show/poster. Plus with a short run of only 100, it's more expensive & very valuable.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    demetrios wrote:

It's because these are signed & numbered by the artist who created the artwork for that show/poster. Plus with a short run of only 100, it's more expensive & very valuable.

ahh ok thanks D!!!
    I love to turn you on