Amongst The Waves Single - Will it be a hit? Thread

vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Thoughts?

I predict this song to be the band's biggest 3rd single ever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
    Let's hope so! I'm sure it will do better than Gone. A lot of people put backspacer down, but then again they do this with every Pearl Jam album upon release. Once they hear the songs live they usually warm up to them. Personally I thought amongst the waves has one of the best Pearl Jam choruses I've heard in a while, the fixer too. So what if they are catchy, it's no more catchy than Yield, and that was a great album IMO.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    Agreed. ATW has the most hooks of any Pearl Jam single in a long time. The general public usually eats this up.

The outro is what really shines on this song though. The vocal delivery after the guitar solo is spot on and makes you want to rock out. Definitely a highlight moment on the song and overall album.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    9 New Adds to Alternative Radio yesterday.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    Heard it on the way home from Newark last night on Sirius - Alt Nation
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • should i post here? nah i'll let it go :)
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I have my doubts.

Not that ATW is a bad song or anything -on paper this song should be a hit- but rock radio and the majority of people who listen to it, just have poor taste.

Rock Radio is no longer relevant or trustworthy source.They'd rather just sit back and ride the apple cart into the ground than create a playlist that truly reflects the best that music and culture have to offer.

How else do you explain the continual success of Nickelback???

I truly hate pointing this out but...Pearl Jam would never get played on the radio today if they were a newer band.

And we all know that.