Just got back from the Pru Center-Newark (12:30pm)

PatricSaint IIIPatricSaint III Posts: 208
edited May 2010 in The Porch
It's nasty out there kids....I'm half-soaked from the 3 block walk from my office (with umbrella) in the driving rain. Let's hope it clears up a bit.

Stopped by the box office and was told they expected the 10C ticket folks to arrive at 1:00 or 1:30pm.

Not a Jamily member in sight, unless they were undercover in business clothing like me....but I can report there were 5 tour buses parked out back so I assume the crew are setting up and band are in the vicinity.

Parking lots all seem pretty full as usual from all the office workers in the area but those should start emptying out closer to 4pm.

Not a tailgate friendly day.....so far. It's a little cold too so dress appropriately.
Cya tonight.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PA JammerPA Jammer Posts: 340
    Thanks for the info. headin out now from Pa.
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wait a minute.
    In good weather conditions , this place is tailgate friendly ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    I'm headed there for the show tonight. Are there any areas to park that are under cover? I've never been to this venue so I do not know.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    T-Bone 82 wrote:
    I'm headed there for the show tonight. Are there any areas to park that are under cover? I've never been to this venue so I do not know.
    Yes, parking garage across the street, directly across from the Devils practice facility.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    It's nasty out there kids....I'm half-soaked from the 3 block walk from my office (with umbrella) in the driving rain. Let's hope it clears up a bit.

Stopped by the box office and was told they expected the 10C ticket folks to arrive at 1:00 or 1:30pm.

Not a Jamily member in sight, unless they were undercover in business clothing like me....but I can report there were 5 tour buses parked out back so I assume the crew are setting up and band are in the vicinity.

Parking lots all seem pretty full as usual from all the office workers in the area but those should start emptying out closer to 4pm.

Not a tailgate friendly day.....so far. It's a little cold too so dress appropriately.
    Cya tonight.

any bars that are close to the venue? I want to catch the first period of the flyers game before walking over to the show. recommendations appreciated. thanks
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158

Cya tonight.

Unfortunately the weather looks to be staying crappy all day. I remember being so soaked in chicago during the 03 tour when you had to wait in line because of the block of tickets technique. It was such a driving rain too. Horrible. Got the tickets, went back to the hotel got changed and went back.

Have a blast tonight and everyone let us know where your seats are when you get them.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    The Fixer wrote:

Cya tonight.

any bars that are close to the venue? I want to catch the first period of the flyers game before walking over to the show. recommendations appreciated. thanks

MMM Bellos. Pre-party dude. Market street. Check the pre-partie thread for Newark, all the info there.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Cya tonight.

MMM Bellos. Pre-party dude. Market street. Check the pre-partie thread for Newark, all the info there.

my experience with the pre-parties (especially this summer in chicago) is that the bar gets packed and it's too tough to find a seat/get a drink. is bellos a decent sized place?