Newark will be half empty

PM56733PM56733 Posts: 8
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I've never been at anything but a packed house for a PJ show. Judging by the inventory on Craigslist, Stubhub and Ebay, it could really look empty in there. Hopefully this show is a treat for the fans who couldn't get MSG. Fuck the scalpers!!! Has anyone been at a PJ show that had a significant amount of seats empty?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    PM56733 wrote:
    I've never been at anything but a packed house for a PJ show. Judging by the inventory on Craigslist, Stubhub and Ebay, it could really look empty in there. Hopefully this show is a treat for the fans who couldn't get MSG. Fuck the scalpers!!! Has anyone been at a PJ show that had a significant amount of seats empty?
    its going to have a great crowd and its going to be a great show.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • HOPE ITS ONLY 10C MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahaha :lol:
    uncle matty
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    edited May 2010
    :lol:
    you mean 1/2 full

edit : and I so don't agree ;)
    Post edited by embrace on
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Cleveland last week. Most of the areas that were not sold were tarped off though. thts how they do it. For the Buffalo sale they released the uppers oppisite of the stage... once those were gone they sold the lowers behind the stage. If they had more time, they wwould have started with the uppers behind the stage.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I wish I could go. Workwise its just too difficult with the fact that I'm also going to MSG.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PredakingPredaking Posts: 282
    I would go except:

1. Newark is 3 hours from my house (down by Philly).
    2. Ticket prices (I have other commitments, though I earn a decent living)
    3. It's a Tuesday night, and at 34, the recovery process takes a few days now. I was crippled after 10/30 and 10/31 (mostly) at the Spectrum. I couldn't justify taking vacation to recover.

Yep, I'm an old fart. Hope the show kicks ass, though!
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    na watch when u get to the venue there will be lots more there i thought same thing for kc show an i was so wrong at last min watch the prices on craigslist drop an ebay as well
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    yeah stubhub always looks like that before a concert and the seats are always full...

newark will be packed
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    Predaking wrote:
    I would go except:

3. It's a Tuesday night, and at 34, the recovery process takes a few days now. I was crippled after 10/30 and 10/31 (mostly) at the Spectrum. I couldn't justify taking vacation to recover.

Okay, I really had to laugh at this. :lol: Dude/tte, 34 is NOT old!!

I'm 41, and I ran my first marathon yesterday. I'm just hoping I will have recovered enough by tomorrow night to jump around like a madwoman (apologies in advance to people with seats near mine -- I'm uncoordinated as well as enthusiastic). I was wiped out after Philly, but that's because the entire family came down with the Philly Phlu. I anticipate a shorter recovery period this time. :)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • we thought this about many of the midwest shows too, and they were all nearly full (aside from Cleveland on a Sunday night and MOther's Day). And it was still 3/4 full, or close to it. 0% chance Newark will be "half empty"
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    Predaking wrote:
    I would go except:

do youdrive like an old lady philly is not 3 hours from newark
  • B MerksB Merks Posts: 209
    It has been reported by 101.9 RXP Pinfield that it is Sold Out!
    Brian Merkle
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    It has been reported by 101.9 RXP Pinfield that it is Sold Out!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004 ... brand=home

still pairs available upstairs .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Predaking wrote:
    I would go except:

If 34 is old. what does that make me :o ?
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    question anyone here know ben by chance are met him at shows, he would be the the guy alwwyas donateing hella goods an cash at pre partys, also a great person to quick it with i have been seeing this dude at shows for yrs he is from philly an i know he is old enough to be my dad an i am 28 an we have met at hsows all over the country i wa kinda shocked not seeing him this tour anyways bro 34 is not young an u live in philly so msg isnt that far from you easily do a show there an get the rest you need with out vacation days,, keep in mind i view it not far becuase excluding the 2 austin shows that were a long board ride from my house i have had to go atleat a 1000 miles or more to see pj an newark venue is 21 mins from msg thats why if was funny seeing all those people bitch about not getting a 3rd MSG show but they got one 21mins away,,,,,,,, anwyas
    ur not old have a great day
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    great less wait at the beer and bathroom lines
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Predaking wrote:
    I would go except:

Newark is like an hour and a half from philly
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2